Plumonte

My Surf Timer Ban Appeal/Apology

I got up this morning to surf realizing that I was banned from GFL servers.

I would like to start off by saying that I apologize for my behavior and exploiting a bonus that was not fully complete. I would also like to apologize to the community and leading them to wrong doing. I now realize how stupid this was (because I got banned for it). I'm very upset with myself for what I did. I'm hoping that this will make up for my behavior. I'm also just speechless right now as to happened as a result and I know this apology is very lackluster but, I'm doing this to the best of my ability.

I do have some criticism that i would like to mention is that I was never warned about exploiting even while there were admins present in the server. My other problem is that why was the map released with a bonus that wasn't finished. I know it takes time to zone maps but is it really that hard to go back and double check the map that you zone or at least test it before releasing it. I'm sorry if this sounds like a "low-ball" but please do take this into consideration.

If I do end up getting a second chance, I will first start of by go taking a solid look at the rules before I surf again because I haven't looked at them once until frenzy messaged me them and highlighted what I did wrong. Also if i do end up coming across something similar or that I don't think is fair. Rather than boasting about it and exploiting it, i will report it to an available admin ASAP and keep my mouth shut so that the problem can be fixed with out anymore harm being done. 

As uploading this to the forum I am feeling that a permanent ban is unjust and think a compromise should be given. However, this is not my decision and I will respect that.

Once again I apologize for my behavior and decisions, I do ask that you take what I am saying into consideration. Surfing has been a part of my life and I love this server along with the community.

Thanks for taking your time to read this,

Plum

8 minutes ago, Plumonte said:

I do have some criticism that i would like to mention is that I was never warned about exploiting even while there were admins present in the server. My other problem is that why was the map released with a bonus that wasn't finished. I know it takes time to zone maps but is it really that hard to go back and double check the map that you zone or at least test it before releasing it. I'm sorry if this sounds like a "low-ball" but please do take this into consideration.

Hi, as I mentioned and showed you in private messages, the issue was that you knowingly abused an exploit in a map and took advantage of it. You're familiar with some of the admin team, you've even applied before. Most of them are not involved in zoning, but the head admins all have perms and are familiar with how it works. We expect people to report stuff like this so we can fix it, especially from regulars like yourself, but instead you beat it for the lulz and then also encouraged others to do judging by the screenshot below from a Discord server. This turns into a bunch of wasted time for myself and the head admins as for one, we had to go through this whole situation and your time also had to be cleared.

We're currently in the process of adding hundreds of maps. We rely on people helping us test all of them, it's not as easy as you make it out to be to test them to their entirity ourselves, bonuses included. Our players finding bugs like this and reporting them is very important. Doing something like you did however effectively just makes our job much harder. 

I will shorten this ban to two days, meaning it'll be over in about 24 hours from now. Closed. 

############################################################.png

Former CS:GO Surf Timer Manager. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former CS:GO Division Leader. (2014-2016) (2019-2021)

Former GFL Director of Divisions. (July 2020-October 2021)