Door

Door's TTT MC 24/7 Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by Door

Steam Name(s): Door

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:50564291

Admin that banned you: EnderAsteroid

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): ban (1 month)

Why should you be unbanned? PLEASE READ

I was banned for "attempted mass-RDM". 

I came back a week after I had been banned to find that it apparently wasn't for a week, I was banned for a whole month.

What Happened: I killed 2 people at the top of the lighthouse and was in the process of attempting to kill a 3rd before I, myself, was killed. I killed them due to a false callout that they were sniping from the top of the tower. Someone fired a shot, so I (admittedly, on sus) went ape and tried to kill all of them. This is true. I do admit to RDMing 2 innocent players and attempting to RDM a 3rd, and I do deserve punishment for that. I understand that.

What I don't understand is why I was banned for a whole month. That seems pretty absurd for what basically amounted to 2 wrongful kills.

Doubly, I remember exactly which kills were RDMs; they were they guys I killed at the top of the lighthouse. If I killed any other innocents that round, I guarantee that they were legitimate non-RDM kills, (but that probably wasn't heavily looked-into after it was already determined that I'd be banned for a month; so if I killed any other innos that round, they were probably lumped into the case against me and it was just assumed that they were also RDMs)

I really don't understand why such extreme punishment is being taken.

This is all speculative and hypothetical, and I legit do not remember, but: if this is because I had RDM'd someone the round previous and EnderAsteroid was giving me a cumulative punishment for all of the kills as if they happened together, then I'd argue that it's not my fault that I wasn't slayed in time. Once a certain amount of time passes without punishment, a player can only assume that the acting admin(s) has determined that their kill(s) didn't count as RDM. There is no way I could've known that I would be given a cumulative punishment for multiple rounds of wrongful kills. Again, I don't even know if this is the case, but it's the only thing I can assume, because the alternative is that I was banned for a month over 2 kills.....which is absolutely ridiculous.

I have been playing on this server for more than 3 years, and I have been a loyal and avid member of this community. I don't play anything else when I open up Garry's Mod

I would heavily appreciate your reconsideration.

Thank you

Edited by Door

Posted  Edited by Edge

Admins will take ban history into account. You don't seem to take responsibility for your mistakes; this post is mostly spent blaming the admins when in reality you have an extensive history breaking rules.

image.png.a745211034cd6d242b3b50ce3c8432cf.png

Edited by Edge

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Door

This post is mostly spent explaining why banning me for a month was erroneous. I killed 2 people. You don't need to get defensive.

By your logic I suppose, then, that a single RDM could be punished with a week long ban if the admins "just don't like the player" due to his/her history.

Most of those are 1 day karma bans due to physically defending myself from callers or pursuers of false KOSes. The last serious ban I've received on this server was from May of last year. It's not like I break the rules every time I come on the server. I've been playing here for 4 years. I'm gonna have a history, and there are gonna be incidents.

I doubt that EnderAsteroid really took all of this into account when he banned me anyway. He banned me within a minute of the RDMs. It wasn't due to some calculation of how much punishment I arbitrarily deserve as a repeat offender, it was based on my actions in that round and the rounds immediately previous. Double jeopardy is illegal for a reason. I shouldn't be re-tried for actions for which I've already been punished

Also, it's also not good practice to shift the goalposts. Let's be adults here. Your trying to get me to be defensive about my history on the server (for which I have served my time) to justify wrongfully banning me for a month. Let's stay on topic, please. 2 wrongs don't make a right

It is not reasonable to maintain a wrongful 1 month ban when the only real justification that exists for doing so essentially boils down to "because I feel like it"

If you think I've been unreasonable, or if there is some greater explanation as to why this ban became a month-long ban, I'd appreciate hearing why. If I genuinely deserve to be banned from the server for a month, and there's a reason that can be adequately explained, then I'll take my punishment without any more moaning or whining.

I'm sorry for my actions, and I'm sorry if you think I'm attacking you. I'm not attacking the admin(s), I'm explaining myself. Y'all have to deal with a lot of reports in rapid succession and a lot of it necessarily (due to time constraints) comes down to off-the-cuff decision making. I just hope that I wasn't banned for a month due to a miscalculation.

Again, sorry for all the shit, and I appreciate you reading

Thank you for your consideration ♡

Edited by Door

Posted  Edited by Edge
17 minutes ago, Door said:

By your logic I suppose, then, that a single RDM could be punished with a week long ban if the admins "just don't like the player" due to his/her history.

History is taken into account. That means if you have been banned for RDM and leave numerous times, the ban will be extended. This has always applied throughout the entire history of GFL. Eventually, people get permanently banned due to being repeat offenders. It has nothing to do with not liking the player. For example, I have no idea who you are and have nothing against you as a person. If someone does not stop doing something that leads to being banned 10+ times, at that point it is safe to say they will not change in a reasonable amount of time. GFL is a gaming community meant to be fun, and it's not fun to have to ban someone a billion times who is hurting the experience of others.

You have 15 bans (plus any bans from before SourceBans was reset, as evident by your ban appeals dating back before your earliest ban on SB). Most players in your situation would have been permanently banned a long time ago.

Listen dude, I have always been one of the more lenient admins but I have a hard time empathizing with someone who repeatedly breaks the rules over multiple years and still puts the blame on others. There are many players who have been regulars of GFL for years without accumulating more than 1-3 bans, let alone 15+.

Edited by Edge

Achievements

Your ban is a month because it was upgraded since you had a week ban in the past year. You weren't wrongfully banned for a month as you state, in fact, your current ban should have been a perma if Lemillion upgraded his ban on you to a month. You had a second chance yet you decided to kill off sus. 

Achievements

Looking at this, you did RDM two people off of sus and attempt to kill another, which you admitted. Combined with your ban history, which comprises of 14 other bans not including this one, I'm going to deny this appeal. 

When you come off of this ban, I hope that you learn from it and improve, because the next ban could be permanent. 

image.thumb.png.2ef4bb5d1eba87658f3aa07bcdc16760.png

Signature by @Auralanity