Vanya

Event #189 -- Last Man Standing -- The Real Deal

Posted  Edited by Vanya

Event Overview:

For this week we'll be taking a look at one of the most interesting maps out there in CS:S, our goal? Try and beat it for real this time!

Why are we playing this map again so soon after it was played in an event a little bit more than a month ago?

Well first of all it's to put it on extended event CD so it doesn't get overplayed (probably not but we'll see), but secondly, it is because over the course of time Klixus, Alcolo (won't make me forget what you did to my Isengard on my day), willy, myself as well as others (but pretty much mostly Klixus, thank you) have been fixing the current version of the map with Stripper so that it's a bit more accessible and balanced.

Some of the changes we've done to the map are things like: fixing the ZM Predator item so the nuke doesn't stay there forever preventing humans from winning, fixing a bunch of shortcuts and glitch spots on stages 2 and 4, making it so that the map starts on Extreme mode (effectively making this map 5 stages long instead of 10), adding infinite ammo at the end to make the final hold a bit easier and a bunch of other things.

When testing these fixes on Nide they were able to beat the map no problem (with a team that was stuck on Extreme 1 / Stage 1 for 5 rounds) and we figured that while that test went pretty well we needed to test the Stripper config further to see if any other changes could be made (perhaps you guys could also help us out with this). And what better place to test the map than here?

This event nomination, as well as "Christmas in July" was tied for top pick, so I put both nominations through Random.org to choose a winner at random, as you may have noticed, this event won.

image.png.c3e57b73d29a18232d4885370fef60bf.png

For this event we'll be playing:

Time for the event:

• Saturday July 18th @ 5pm CDT
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.

PLEASE REFER TO THE TIME LISTED IN THE STEAM GROUP AS THE ABSOLUTE TIME AT WHICH THE EVENT STARTS!

Notice:

Special Kickers:

• None for this event, although we'll be trying to aim for a teamwin on Extreme 5

VIP Rewards:

• Winners of Extreme Stage 5 (now just Stage 5) will receive two weeks of V.I.P.
Rules:
  • This event will be tryhard, so keep the micspam / off-topic to a low.
  • Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.
  • We'll be playing this map for at least 180 minutes, any extra extends after that should be handled through votes.
Leaders:
  • Any willing one.
See you this weekend, and good luck!
Edited by Vanya

10 hours ago, Alcolo Oasis said:

I haven't do any edit on this map 🤔

;Removes Spawnpoint - Thanks Alcolo for sending
filter:
{
    "classname" "info_player_terrorist"
    "origin" "-1232 4104 -7775"
    "hammerid" "8532287"