El Zorro X

El Zorro X's Shootout Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): El Zorro X

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:454242644

Admin that banned you: Gramps

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): mute

Why should you be unbanned?

I have 3 reasons for why I believe I should be ungagged. 

1. I believe it was Gramps (a former admin that was known to abuse their power while targeting specific) had multiple arguments against El Zorro I, resulting in Gramps making a new rule up specifically to target El Zorro I. I, as well as other Zorro's were not involved in the conflict, and were adversely affected. To give some context, we're all Zorro's. We follow a code of conduct, and play in a certain playstyle that involves only using melee and typing a Z every kill we get with a knife or machete (to emulate the original Zorro in fiction.) We also try to combat toxicity whenever we can, and are active in the Fistful of Frags discord servers and Steam forums. We are very involved in the Fistful of Frags community. I was not involved with El Zorro I's original disputes with Gramps, as that happened before I became a Zorro, and I was muted as a result of this conflict. 
  2. I am roleplaying as Zorro. It's fun for me. There aren't any good Zorro games, and this is as close as I get. To be muted from the two biggest servers in Fistful of Frags basically makes it impossible for me to roleplay. It's what makes the game enjoyable for me and other Zorro's, and for non Zorro's as well.t I know for a fact that some non Zorro's don't mind or even enjoy the roleplay, and I don't see why I must be globally muted.
  3.  This leads me onto point 3. People that are annoyed can and should just mute me. I encourage people tilted or annoyed by me to mute me, and tell them how to do it when they're mad. If I recall correctly, the mutes even carry on to other games, and over multiple rounds, so as soon as players meet me, they can mute me and never have to deal with me in GFL or any other server. That not only means that they won't be harmed by me on GFL servers, but it'll stop them from ever being harmed. 

In summary, I was punished by a rule made by a bad admin targeting a specific player they didn't like, I and other people get a lot of enjoyment from playing as Zorro, and it doesn't harm other players. I hope you can see things from my perspective, and I understand if you do not ungag me, but I hope you do. Here's a link to the Zorro guide if you'd like to know more about what I do: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=500699233 

-Z