Nick

[Announcement] The Future Leadership of GFL

So I was right about council coming back when I was talking to Roy about the changes since Ben seems to be hella stress all by himself. These are good changes to help Ben and the others out! 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I was curious to see how things would continue.  This is very interesting given all the history and circumstances.  The big picture looks alright although a few puzzle pieces seemed kind of jammed in there.  I hope it works out anyways- I guess that's all I can do.  Good luck and welcome back to the roles.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Great to see some more names in red along with specific responsibility sets for each Board member, hopefully it makes things smoother. Excited to see what comes next.

Congrats on all of your positions.

When you get granted a seat on the council do you also get given the rank of master?

why are you even reading this bub

2 hours ago, edboy said:

no sorry

How can you be on the council and not be a master?

30 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I just noticed.  Not all of the division leaders will be included as a type of council?  I think that is risky.

It's an effort to squash down the amount of people involved in making big decisions. We previously had the problem where big decisions would require input from too many people over a large duration of time, and things would get foggy after a while. We have representatives for the larger divisions on the Council by default so that these divisions have a voice for their future already at the table, and these representatives are expected to communicate the concerns of their fellow DLs to and fro in the Council. The DLs of smaller divisions will still be kept in the loop through dialogue with the Director of Divisions, and they can be included in our scheduled meetings when the topic concerns them and their respective division. It'd just be messed up if we didn't let DLs have a say in the future of their divisions.

I do understand why you think the current setup is risky, but rest assured that we are taking steps to make this an efficient system. The structure of Council is also subject to change based on the growth of certain divisions and the needs of the overall community.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Too many words

edit:

I put too much words.  Look into the past and you will be able to see your future.

We did the same thing trying to split teams up.  Although it was more blatant that Council-like positions were removed were really effectively doing the same thing and just calling it something else here.

It didn't work again and so we reverted back.

I'm going to take a really crazy guess... a stab in the dark as to what's going to happen probably again.

Edited by Joshy
Too many words

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152