Sprinklingmydoughnut

049 New Ability

With the addition of abilities for SCP-106 and SCP-457, I wanted to see if any other SCPS could use an update. 049 was one of the first that came to mind as he only has one attack which is to infect. Don't get me wrong, in the right hands 049 can be a great SCP, able to create an army of 049-2s which can kill and escape to provide extra points to the team. However, 049 has some weaknesses that can be easy to exploit. 049 despite getting a speed buff, still moves slower than humans which can result in him missing kills or getting outranged. With the exception of coordinated flanks, it feels sometimes that you have to be lucky to line up a bunch of kills. So for me, 049's mobility is the problem here, as he has to rely on sneak attacks and can not catch up to players. What I propose is a simple ability, but an effective one. 

Ability: Right click allows SCP-049 to move faster(076 speed) for about 1-2 seconds on a 10-15 second cooldown 

This is not the most lore-friendly ability but I did pick it up from a addendum in 049's article in which: 

Quote:  Shortly after finishing its preparations, SCP-049 quickly closed the distance between the two, killing the subject with a touch to its throat.

The reason for this ability is to give 049 some more control over attacks. The duration of the sprint may not last long but it can allow 049 a bit more mobility in attacking prey. This also helps 049 in travelling long distances. Keep in mind this is 076 speed which moves faster than humans but isn't quite something like 682 sprint speed, so he can be still blocked by doors. Overall I just wanted to give 049 a bit more to his play style that doesn't turn him into Rambo. Feel free to disagree if you think 049 is fine as is. Thank you for your time. 

Source: http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-049

I like this idea but it depends on the distance, duration and cool down for it to make a difference for how he is now. The sprint I suggested allows him to move across hallways more efficiently and generally let him deal with people who severely outrange him(especially on the surface). Its up to you as you are the server manager. Thanks for giving my suggestion some attention.