Dig_Nick

Admin Abuse?

So i was just playing on the 24/7 Minecraft TTT server. (216.52.143.162:27015),

And yes, my name is a bit racey. (Dig Nick Bigger)

it's funny, and clean for the most part. I have had NO PROBLEMS with my name anywhere else. 

As i was playing, i killed a T for walking over an unidentified body. He promptly reported me, and explained in the report log that he walked over an unidentified body.

Mad, he chose to not forgive me. Next round, i was slain by the Trial Admin Barack Obama. I immediately questioned that decision. He claimed, (Verbatim, mind you.) 

"I saw it all, you didn't identify it either." Which is a lie, it was the body of an innocent just killed by the T who refused to identify it. Obviously i was salty and threw a temper tantrum. Another player, Savvy., had my back. There was a player on at the same time named "Nobody", so that when you call him out as a traitor, it says Nobody is a traitor!. Savvy and i had a problem with this earlier and begged for him to be kicked to have his name changed as it was detrimental to the game. No action taken. Where that case ties in with mine; Barack Obama DEMANDED i change my name after i questioned his authority for the unwarranted slay i had "earned". I declined, citing it wasn't a problem before he slayed me. He repeatedly kicked me 2 more times after i immediately rejoined. Still citing that i will not change my name and that its all a load of bullshit, he bans me for 6 hours. This guy cannot keep his composure, and didn't even use his microphone to address the situation. He used the chatbox that is NOT the best method for so-called "discipline". Im by no means a troll or a minge, i just enjoy TTT and playing on this server. I hope to see some type of action taken from this.

The image on the left is Savvy cussing out Obama for failing to do anything about the player named "Nobody", and taking excessive action over my name which he had NO PROBLEM with before the slay.

Wtf.png

I don't think it was abuse, but a little harsh, are you sure it is a 6h ban? I've played with you today and I think he read your name wrong, and another question, is this a ban appeal or an admin report?

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

By the looks of it, you were asked to change your name and you never did. I feel that the admin was in the right in the situation. I don't know how long the ban was, but if you refused to change your name, and kicks were not working, then you made it a problem more than it needed to be.

And either way, we do not allowed racism in our server, we don't care what other servers allow, so if we feel something is racist, we will warn/gag/kick/ban accordingly.

Posted  Edited by gamrpown

So, from the information I have gathered, you were kicked numerous times and asked to change your name, you refused and came back with the same name every time. Then on top of that, you kept insulting the admin in question and our staff in general. Although I feel that a 360 minute ban may have been just a little too long for the actions, you completely disregarded what an admin had to say, you disrespected us, you branded a racial slur in your name, and you didn't have an ounce of dignity to respect the server its self. I back what our admin chose to do as well as the higher admin who told him to ban you.

Edited by gamrpown

All right, so for his slay.  I wasn't going to even slay, but I went back and looked at the Death Scene which you can clearly see Dig and the guy he killed both walk past the un-ided and dig decides to turn around and shoot the guy because he turned around to see the same un-ided he ran by, so he had no reason to shoot this guy other than wanting to kill people.  It was rdm and when asked to explain I did explain.  I told him I check Death scene and watched it.  Not happy with my choice he attacked me via insults as you can see his friend can be seen calling me
"A fucking Faggot" that was not even close to what was said, so with that I went through about 10-15 minutes of constant insults.  During all that he was asked to change his name.  I gave him plenty of warnings to most of all stop insulting staff.  Secondly his name is inappropriate it's not funny at all as it is meant as way to get away with a racist name.  After being kicked 3 times being asked to change name and him constantly refusing and giving me shit the whole time I was told by Connor to ban him if he didn't comply.  I gave him a 360 minute ban do to the fact that he refused to comply and the amount of insults.

I tend not to use my mic due to it being broken and when I talk on the mic it sounds like static, but I do use it if I have to.  He is just looking to cause a problem and if he cared about this server he wouldn't be such a toxic user.

Also if you're not an idiot and constantly hitting your key binds then the fact that his name is "Nobody" wouldn't matter.  Everyone in the server knows there is a guy name "nobody".  The guy reporting me and his friend would just spam the keybinds and say see how confusing it is.(Making it worse)  I take my job seriously on this server as this is the only server I have actually spent the time to play.   If there is anymore questions feel free to ask me and I will clarify. 

This report is just an attempt to mess with me.  This guy is nothing but a troll and I wish I could've seen this coming or else I'd have the screenshots of the constant insults.

Posted  Edited by gamrpown

Overall, I believe the person behind the report needs to realize that he was in the wrong. If an admin doesn't think someone needs to change their name, they probably won't listen to you after you decide to cuss them out for not doing so. The cussing will just get you noticed as someone we will not be able to take as serious compared to the other more civil players we see everyday. Two, if an admin asks you to change your name, please do so, even if you do not think it's necessary, because you can always come right back in and try and talk about it with said admin. Three, respect goes a long way, meet the admin half way, if you don't feel like your report was handled correctly, again, just talk to them, give them your valid points of argument. If the admin still doesn't change their mind, drop it, because if it's continued and the admin is trying to do other things as well, it will get annoying and just be in the way. Four, RESPECT, I've addressed it already, but that's how important it is. No matter what you think of the admin, no matter what you feel at the time, RESPECT is a must. We will not give people the time of day when they decide to be nothing but rude to us for trying our best to keep the chaos in the server to a minimum. Yes, occasionally after a while of playing admins will tend to get a little more lenient on somethings, some even stop looking at reports for a couple rounds, and that's so we can gather our thoughts, just play, and have fun a few minutes. We are players in the server just as much as the next person is.

Edited by gamrpown

1 hour ago, gamrpown said:

Overall, I believe the person behind the report needs to realize that he was in the wrong. If an admin doesn't think someone needs to change their name, they probably won't listen to you after you decide to cuss them out for not doing so. The cussing will just get you noticed as someone we will not be able to take as serious compared to the other more civil players we see everyday. Two, if an admin asks you to change your name, please do so, even if you do not think it's necessary, because you can always come right back in and try and talk about it with said admin. Three, respect goes a long way, meet the admin half way, if you don't feel like your report was handled correctly, again, just talk to them, give them your valid points of argument. If the admin still doesn't change their mind, drop it, because if it's continued and the admin is trying to do other things as well, it will get annoying and just be in the way. Four, RESPECT, I've addressed it already, but that's how important it is. No matter what you think of the admin, no matter what you feel at the time, RESPECT is a must. We will not give people the time of day when they decide to be nothing but rude to us for trying our best to keep the chaos in the server to a minimum. Yes, occasionally after a while of playing admins will tend to get a little more lenient on somethings, some even stop looking at reports for a couple rounds, and that's so we can gather our thoughts, just play, and have fun a few minutes. We are players in the server just as much as the next person is.

5S4RfCR.png

Achievements

" Do not disrespect other players. " One of the first rules on the motd. What does Savvy go and do? Call him a fucking faggot. He gets muted for it, and now it's abuse?

Your name is Dig Nick Bigger. We all know what you're trying to do so stop being a smart ass. It's like you're ASKING for drama to occur. Just change your name to something more appropriate. Keep in mind, the TTT server is basically a daycare after all.

Retard

TTT Admin

Breach Admin

Ragdoll Combat Manager

76561198116532521.png

QieICm4iRd6R572F6QZmzQ.png

qIbaita.gif

Posted  Edited by myPHART

Funny how you're whining about abuse. I remember banning you for consistent and targetting, and you were a major asshole then. Appears you still are.

10/10, such hypocrisy :klappa:

Edited by myPHART

@Barack_Obama has already answered to the thread and I am seeing enough to put the pieces together.  If anything new comes to light, then you can send me a Private Message and I can reevaluate with other leadership members.

From what I am seeing...  I do agree that in my own personal preference or opinion (not by standard nor rule)...  I prefer lighter bans should they be pursued; however, this is an area where we do give Server Admins some flexibility (it is not practical to make rules for every last detail or gray area) to make their own decisions and Barack_Obama is giving very reasonable answers; we do have a rule against racism and your name clearly skirts around that rule (MOTD).

0yaUP6h.png

It's one thing for him to ask you to change your name... You change it... and complain on the forums.  We can discuss which names are not good or which ones should be allowed (after all, this is the internet, so I'm not terribly bothered by your distasteful name).  I think we generally aim not to do much about it until the names become more pronounced ie. an event or someone starts clearly abusing it; in your case, the event made your name very pronounced and the Server Admin made a decision.

Things change when the Server Admin gives you multiple warnings, kicks you three times, and consults with other Server Admins for help where multiple people agree that you deserve to banned.  In my eyes, it looks like he made every effort to *not* ban you and was seeking alternatives, but you gave him no other choice.  I don't like that you let it get all the way to the ban when there were many chances to save yourself; therefore: I do not plan to intervene.  It's not my most favourite decision, but nobody will agree with each other 100% and I understand that this is swimming in some gray.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152