Adversary

Adversary Resign

It is me, Adversary, better known as Adversary on the internet. I am leaving the community, figured it is about time, to be honest.

I have been around a good while and done many positive things for the community but times change and this is not a place I can say I find enjoyment in anymore. So with that being said, I felt like it is time to move on in life and find more things I enjoy without the stress and burdens this place weighs on me. There are far too many issues in the community I find myself knee-deep in just to protect or help others only to be villainized in the end. It has got to a point where I feel like very few people genuinely care or understand. I can only hope and wish for the best as far as what direction the community will go in from here, though truth be told I am very doubtful.

Regardless, even though I will not be coming back I will always be around for those who I still care about because I do enjoy helping others and I still do like all of my children and the smol beans I have met along the way. 
Anyway, thank you, the good times were fun while they lasted.

Take care.

Sincerely,

Jillian

AddArtwork2.png.f1e28dd7db4707522a0617eace324fef.png

Achievements

Adversary, you were a fun person to play TTT with in rotation. And I'm certain your intentions aren't malicious. But this goodbye feels a lot more like a passive aggressive bash against the GFL community than a resignation.

Things may have gone better for you if you tried to reach out and communicate with those who you were having problems with. And if you did, did you keep your cool and try to listen to their side of the story? The root of many problems is misunderstanding. If you are patient with people (regardless of being upset) and listen to what they have to say, then explain your side of the story, misunderstandings should be resolved.

If you do not want to spend your time trying to make amends with the people you have issues with, that's perfectly acceptable. No one here is going to force you to stay. But passive aggressively dissing the entire community is not appreciated and gets everyone nowhere. If anything, it shows you were not willing to put in the effort to make amends.

No one is out to get you. It's like you said, people don't understand you right? Have you even tried to communicate to these people your true intentions, and hear why they see you the way they do? If they don't understand you, *actually try to find out why* instead of getting mad at everyone. Please. I do want to see you be a welcomed member of the community. But getting mad at everyone isn't going to help matters.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

You've done so much for the rot community that it is really sad to see you leave, but if that is your decision that that's that. I'll def miss playing with you with the little amount of time I actually get on the server. Love yah❤️ and have a good one where ever you choose to go from here. Bye bye Adv-chan! 👋

3 hours ago, _Rocket_ said:

Things may have gone better for you if you tried to reach out and communicate with those who you were having problems with. And if you did, did you keep your cool and try to listen to their side of the story?

In defense of adversary Im not speaking on all her arguments with other players but she did reach out and listen. Prime example is when we had a feud we both talked it out, Listened to each others points moved on and became friends. From an outsider looking in I dont think all arguments are on her to settle here and dont blame them for there decision. 

image0.png?width=226&height=375

Achievements

Posted  Edited by _Rocket_

@Lemillion I don't blame her for anything haha. It's like I said, if she wants to resign she has the right to do that. No one can force her to stay.

The only reason why I made the post I did was because of how she wrote this resignation. She gets passive aggressive, she tries to make us look at her as a victim, and unless I misunderstood, she is saying she doubts the community will go well in the future.

If she just simply stated she wants to resign due to problems she's gone through in the community, I'd be okay with that. That's a valid reason to leave the community. It doesn't matter if the problems are justified or not, it's still a perfectly acceptable reason to leave. But she didn't *just* do that. She kept going, dissing on the community, presented herself as a victim, and tried to get sympathy. That's not what a resignation is for. And *that* was my only issue. Everything else I'm okay with.

Edited by _Rocket_

@Beaker I'll repeat what I said to Lemillion. If she has had enough, she has a right to leave.

My only problem, the only reason why I even considered writing a response to her resignation, was her attitude and how she tried to get sympathy.

If you are going to voice your opinion about something, you should be prepared to hear the options of others. Rather than *just* resigning, she voiced her mind and said she felt misunderstood, victimized, and mistreated.

If she feels that way, I don't have a problem with that. I seriously don't. But a resignation is not the place to voice these things. A resignation is a resignation. Not a place to rant. I would've respected her way more if she said these things to the people she had issued with. Not on a public resignation. That is why I said everything I have said so far.

For the time being, any further responses to this topic I'm gonna do through discord or GFL DM's. I don't want this to be 100% public, because that'll only complicate the issue.

Me and Lemillion talked in discord, we resolved things. If anyone else responds to me, I'll reply in a private direct message.

I still wish you the best of luck adversary. I'm happy you're doing what makes you happy. If you want to discuss things further, just reach out and we'll discuss things 😸

Henlo. Let's avoid turning goodbye posts and/or resignations posts into discussions and what not. No sides get anything from turning this into something else.

Just as any regular member we have here, no matter what they did, deserve their chance to say goodbye and/or to let people that care for them to know that they are leaving. 

Please voice any sort of negative feedback on the person, or the post, in their personal massager (be it forums, discord or steam).

1 hour ago, _Rocket_ said:

A resignation is a resignation. Not a place to rant. I would've respected her way more if she said these things to the people she had issued with. Not on a public resignation. That is why I said everything I have said so far.

A lot of people write their resignation posts with a small rant on what made them leave. Especially when they feel like there was any sort of injustice in the middle of it. Be a grown up and move on if you disagree with it or voice your concern in private.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Unfortunate. See ya Ms. Avocado. I do enjoy our lovely meme conversations. Keep in touch will ya? If not then I will proceed to do nothing about it.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

@Pyros Okay. I was not aware that this was a common practice. I will not respond to a resignation with my opinions anymore. I apologise if the things I have said today caused conflict.

I wish you the best of luck Adversary. I still do believe you will be missed in rotation. You were a good admin and I enjoyed the times we played in the server. I apologise for stepping over a line.

Times will change for the better, believe me. Don't jump to conclusions and leave the platform forever, give yourself time to rest and then come back. We will be waiting for you, good luck!

Sad you are leaving. I regret not turning a better leaf sooner and am still in that process. Ill still apologize for how i treated you early on in the past i just wish i coulda made right. Good Luck in your journey beyond. i do hope you stay in contact with some of us. Some of us still care for you. But take care. dont be a stranger~

Spoiler

Posted  Edited by Buzzz

(cries)

Now who is gonna steal the POTG's in overwatch now

Edited by Buzzz

buzz_lightyear.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by JoshOCo12

I never got the opportunity to talk to you, but you seemed like a very nice person who cared for a lot of people.

If you wanna talk at all, i'm always down to talk on Steam.

Have fun, and hopefully we'll see you around again ;-;

Edited by JoshOCo12

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm a bit late but I don't really check in on forums much anymore. I feel partially guilty as to your departure but I think you made the right decision. I think you will find that there is fun to be had outside of gmod and staff teams. I mean no diss towards gmod or anyone here but it is taxing. Doing the gmod thing is fun but after years and years of it, it just becomes somewhat of a chore. I would like to thank you for being the one person who made my days and the one who I could always have fun with. Anyone who actually bothered to get to know you knows you only wanted the best so it is sad to see a good person go. I wish only the best for you.

Achievements