Nick

Community Representatives - Will it be you?

WOW!

:pogchamp:

time to become CR

Edited by Rick
  • Poggers 6
  • Hypers 1

Achievements

Just as a heads up, I'm not sponsoring anyone for a couple of days, so please don't drown my DMs in sponsorship requests.

EDIT: DMs are open again, in case people are wondering.

• Like 2
  • OMEGALUL 1
  • Sad 1

Achievements

Poggers

• Poggers 4
  • Sad 1

I would like to nominate someone for the Community Representatives role, if this person is interested in being considered.

This is someone that is a stellar role model, respectful to others, genuine and kind. They are sensitive and rational, and have always been fair to everyone. They are also open-minded in times of conflict. They have other people's backs when help is needed, and would never back-stab anyone. They are also a trusted member in GFL as a server admin.

For this role, I nominate Peach.

I can't think of a more deserving member here. He's a great guy that would represent GFL very well.

Edited by Knives
  • Like 1

Good luck to whoever applies! I wish you luck and hopefully you'll be able to work alongside with the others and the community itself! 

Achievements

2 hours ago, Knives said:

I would like to nominate someone for the Community Representatives role, if this person is interested in being considered.

This is someone that is a stellar role model, respectful to others, genuine and kind. They are sensitive and rational, and have always been fair to everyone. They are also open-minded in times of conflict. They have other people's backs when help is needed, and would never back-stab anyone. They are also a trusted member in GFL as a server admin.

For this role, I nominate Peach.

I can't think of a more deserving member here. He's a great guy that would represent GFL very well.

Hi @Knives! If possible, could you @ the person you're trying to nominate? I think it's great you've got someone that you trust so much you'd like to get them involved with this. They'd need to put an application in for themselves, as well as get sponsors. 

Good luck to everyone who applies!

You bring up some great points, @Joshy. The idea behind disallowing select groups was that DLs are already getting a few Council spots through Division Representatives. However, one might argue that's unfair to TAs. A minor change could be to only disallow DLs, but then again I think I'd personally prefer just letting anyone apply at that point (as you said) since that's more fair and simple. Definitely something I'll keep in mind for the future.

I don't think people who fail to do their duties should be punished per say. I believe the punishment will come on its own. People will hopefully notice (or we'll have some transparency™) that someone has failed to live up to the responsibility before and thus be more hesitant to vote for them again. Council can keep going without the CRs, but it would be a shame to lose the unique perspectives, so I hope people will keep that in mind when they cast their vote.

I agree that it'd be nice to see more staff playing and interacting with the community. It would definitely make it easier for us to grasp the things we make decisions about. I am trying my best with the time I have to interact as much as possible, and I believe most of staff is. 😄 I also hope that our public Council meetings will help with "declassifying" decisions and allow people to be more engaged in GFL.

App Submitted - Good luck to all who apply!

Only thing I can say here is this is a good step in the right direction.

In the old communities that I ran, we had some similar 'tactics' on changes for the community; but never any elected members, or staff to pass on votes for bringing up questions, and concerns from the ground up.
We used to just open 2 threads a month, and allow users/members/staff to bring things up that could use updates, and changes.

Worked pretty well, but was a bit messy. This is definitely an improvement over the way I did it years ago.

Excited to see how this pans out!

• Like 1

I would love to be a Community Representative (CR) for GFL TTT, unfortunately I don't have the time because of commitments. I wish you the best of luck with whomever you pick! 🦑 

• Like 1