Nick

Community Representatives - Will it be you?

App Submitted - Good luck to all who apply!

Only thing I can say here is this is a good step in the right direction.

In the old communities that I ran, we had some similar 'tactics' on changes for the community; but never any elected members, or staff to pass on votes for bringing up questions, and concerns from the ground up.
We used to just open 2 threads a month, and allow users/members/staff to bring things up that could use updates, and changes.

Worked pretty well, but was a bit messy. This is definitely an improvement over the way I did it years ago.

Excited to see how this pans out!

tL3Dbs8.png

-motorsteak 2020

Guest SkydivingSquid

I would love to be a Community Representative (CR) for GFL TTT, unfortunately I don't have the time because of commitments. I wish you the best of luck with whomever you pick! 🦑 

3 hours ago, Nick said:

I don't think people who fail to do their duties should be punished per say. I believe the punishment will come on its own. People will hopefully notice (or we'll have some transparency™) that someone has failed to live up to the responsibility before and thus be more hesitant to vote for them again. Council can keep going without the CRs, but it would be a shame to lose the unique perspectives, so I hope people will keep that in mind when they cast their vote.

I'm hoping there is a lot of transparency then, so that a failure to meet expectations can be seen. 

I don't mean to focus on myself, but I can see something like what happened with my resignation from Breach happenng: I admitted everything I had done wrong, and most people focused more on the few things that I'd done right. I think that's mostly because they didn't know the full extent of what went on. All the promises I made to myself, all the plans I had, and my ultimate failure to never do them and just sit around being inactive, doing other things. Maybe it was a case of my friends being kind or me being too harsh on myself, but I still think the lack of transparency made it hard to see the full effect of me being a poor manager, so they weren't harsh on me in any sense of the word. 

But look at the new Breach manager and you see am instant difference: stuff being added and worked on everyday. You can tell that they're effective. But if someone isn't being effective, it's harder to notice without any transparency. What were they supposed to be working on, and is it obvious that they aren't working on it?

Maybe this isn't relevant to the topic of responsible Community Representatives and I'm just rambling. Either way, I just wanted to say the obvious: Transparency is important.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I personally don't think transparency is a problem here.

When you're hearing and seeing nothing...  that's usually what it is.

Fun fact:  Usually doesn't mean always.  Don't get so upset.

V4K4OzA.jpg

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

The restriction disallowing TAs and DLs to apply has been lifted.

Remember that there's less than a week left to apply! (Deadline is September 12 at 8:00 PM Eastern Time.)

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

Posted  Edited by Duck.

Community Representatives - Will it be you?

X1Lm21O.png.0355f60f945362d68646cf88ee77451e.png

Edited by Duck.

Achievements

• Pyros locked and unlocked this topic
  • Pyros locked this topic