mungasi2000

New Moderation application

What is your Discord ID? Monke#1171

Which platforms are you applying for?

Discord

How would you describe your activity there?

Extremely active in the CWRP discord, which is what i would like to apply for

Why are you interested in becoming a Moderator?

I personally think that the moderation team, from my point of view is inactive, save the ones who are actually part of the community. So, instead of consistently whining about it, I have decided to apply for one. I have been known as a loose but responsible admin in the past, i am experienced with dealing with mingy people on the server, so I'm sure it wont take long for me to adapt here either.

How would you typically go about handling a conflict between two users?

If it is a healthy conflict that is not going anywhere within the area of bullying, i would let them be, save perhaps asking them to discuss their personal issues in DMs. However, if it does go within the realm of bullying or harassment, i would intervene and ask the aggressor to stop, or ask them both to calm down and ask both sides their point of view. From there, i would see to it that the argument goes back to a healthy conflict, thereby asking them to chat in DMs. However, if either or both of them continue a negative attitude of harassment, i would then use my powers as a discord moderator to further intervene.

Have you ever been warned or muted? If so, explain what happened.

Yes, because i posted a meme in general. That's it.

image.thumb.png.66a7dcdfa5b8ac84adbb3b3e292bc832.png

Moderators, please +1 or -1 this application with an explanation for your vote.

Edited by mungasi2000
  • Like 1
  • OMEGALUL 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JGuary551 said:

Neutral  tbh I wouldnt say we are inactive we do have a lot of discords but inactive idk bout that.  and also cmon bro you really pinged us  for no reason... Now what would you do if you were mod and someone randomly pinged us just cuz? I am giving you a Neutral bc you have 12k messages and I really dont think you act like this on the daily, but literally 2 seconds after your post you ping us for no reason that doesnt look good..

fair enough, it probably doesn't look good, and i know you have a lot of discords to monitor, which is why i believe its best there should be more CWRP-based Discord moderators, even if its not me. I'll also obviously pick up my game while on duty, like i did with my past admin role.

Edited by mungasi2000
  • Like 1

Neutral leaning to +1 Lots of good things like experience activity but there is also the thing jguary mentioned that you do ping us randomly , other than that good luck 

Edited by Karma_Neon

I will stay as Neutral to this as yes you may think we are inactive there are still things we have to do as well I myself have a busy life and I know a lot of the moderators do as well, but talking down about moderators in the CWRP discord is a no no from me. Me personally I do not mind but it would be better to just keep it to yourself as it does make it look bad on yourself.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:51 PM, mungasi2000 said:

I personally think that the moderation team, from my point of view is inactive, save the ones who are actually part of the community. So, instead of consistently whining about it, I have decided to apply for one. I have been known as a loose but responsible admin in the past, i am experienced with dealing with mingy people on the server, so I'm sure it wont take long for me to adapt here either.

Sending this to all applicants, if you are basically applying for 1 discord I Won’t Be giving you my vote. I do not like this whole splitting up/ choosing 1 discord to mod in thing. So if you want my vote join ALL discord’s be active in ALL discord’s and not just mainly 1 thank you. I will be checking your activity in all discord’s.

9 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

Sending this to all applicants, if you are basically applying for 1 discord I Won’t Be giving you my vote. I do not like this whole splitting up/ choosing 1 discord to mod in thing. So if you want my vote join ALL discord’s be active in ALL discord’s and not just mainly 1 thank you. I will be checking your activity in all discord’s.

i dont really plan on joining/moderating discords in communities i have no experience with. sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1