Dale Gribble.

toxic community

note: this is not a complain!

so there is some toxic around the community and i want to explain something from what i'm seeing.

first of all: all of the toxic is caused because new users don't feel welcome or don't know how to play the game and when they break a rule they didn't know the staff what i've seen use warns or bans the raids are on the discord the users are angry because they didn't know what rule they break.

Second of all: you have to be reminded its the internet and it is toxic at all platforms since the early age of media. the more people who argue the more people who want to create trouble.

third of all: even though you want a non toxic free community, toxic free community's are more targeted to the trouble makers.

finally: no matter how you want this to be a free toxic community. 1. its the internet 2. users dont feel welcome and are clueless and mostly others dont help the new users. and 3. the non toxic community gets more trouble makers to divide the server up to make it toxic.

7 hours ago, Dale Gribble. said:

third of all: even though you want a non toxic free community, toxic free community's are more targeted to the trouble makers.

It's counter-intuitive, but I've definitely seen that.  Great observation.  It's a difficult balance between wanting to enforce some reasonable rules, but not being so harsh as to attract the trouble makers who are highly amused by any response (mutes, bans, and especially nothing when no admin is present to do anything).

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Bue.

Babe, no community is perfect as you may know. We truly try to minister our platforms the best we can... and of course we are aware of the viewpoints that you have shared but .. quite frankly.. there isn't a lot we can do about it. Everyone eventually moderates differently to the point where it can get messy... even when trained to modest a certain way.

We as a huge staff group, don't operate from the same conscious, yk? There's not much we can do about a lot of complaints such as the few you've given. 

Not sure if this makes sense or does anything in anyway lol :clown:

Edited by Bue.

Posted  Edited by JGuary551

I agree we are some toxic gamers xD

but in all seriousness back then like from the start of GFL to like 2016-2017 everyone was chill and laid back Af, I joined late 2016  so I got to experience then and now and back then was lowkey better then now, obviously as time goes on everything will change for the good and the worse but most definitely back then was the chilliest/ most laid back staff/community. Now it’s getting more toxic lol just how the internet is 🤷🏽‍♂️ Everyone has there opinion, we can stop it to an extent. We definitely are trying to make it a better place yk to help new comers and to welcome all people but it’s hard. 

Edited by JGuary551

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

7 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

I agree we are some toxic gamers xD

but in all seriousness back then like from the start of GFL to like 2016-2017 everyone was chill and laid back Af, I joined late 2016  so I got to experience then and now and back then was lowkey better then now, obviously as time goes on everything will change for the good and the worse but most definitely back then was the chilliest/ most laid back staff/community. Now it’s getting more toxic lol just how the internet is 🤷🏽‍♂️ Everyone has there opinion, we can stop it to an extent. We definitely are trying to make it a better place yk to help new comers and to welcome all people but it’s hard. 

i know you are trying hard to do that but the problem here now is that all of these new players come and really dont get alot of help on how to play even if they bought gmod today.

13 hours ago, Bue. said:

Babe, no community is perfect as you may know. We truly try to minister our platforms the best we can... and of course we are aware of the viewpoints that you have shared but .. quite frankly.. there isn't a lot we can do about it. Everyone eventually moderates differently to the point where it can get messy... even when trained to modest a certain way.

We as a huge staff group, don't operate from the same conscious, yk? There's not much we can do about a lot of complaints such as the few you've given. 

There is toxicity in every community of course, but there are some ways to fix it. I don't think you have been here that long to see the all the toxicity. This community isn't really toxic, but there is some. If you stay for a while, you will see it.

jitticus

16 hours ago, Bue. said:

you need to read what i just said i didn't say their were no complains as from the note that i put from all above. though its true that everyone moderates differently. but my point of view from what i've seen is that if a user breaks a rule they meet with a month or long ban for just breaking one. One rule.

2 hours ago, Dale Gribble. said:

you need to read what i just said i didn't say their were no complains as from the note that i put from all above. though its true that everyone moderates differently. but my point of view from what i've seen is that if a user breaks a rule they meet with a month or long ban for just breaking one. One rule.

I can agree we definitely like I said on my last post. We definitely changed from laid back to hella strict, which I don’t like tbh but we also have to ig to keep things from getting out of hand but me personally I don’t like it. Like the great @motorsteak once said follow the spirit of the rules and not Moderate to the very last letter

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Atleast some of the admins know what they are doing. the others admins dont which i dont think they use ulx before or have not been trained like a showcase. there should be a showcase or a trainer for new fresh admins who have no experience of ulx or other things. a quote that i learned alot said those who do not learn from history are doom to repeat it. meaning if the admin system is not FIXED. then the new players will be banned for a long month or years without a good reason. 

1 hour ago, Dale Gribble. said:

Atleast some of the admins know what they are doing. the others admins dont which i dont think they use ulx before or have not been trained like a showcase. there should be a showcase or a trainer for new fresh admins who have no experience of ulx or other things. a quote that i learned alot said those who do not learn from history are doom to repeat it. meaning if the admin system is not FIXED. then the new players will be banned for a long month or years without a good reason. 

I have an idea for that. Make certain admins into trainers and make them train these new ones coming in. The training would take 5 minutes if its just ULX on GMOD. For other servers, I am not sure how administrating works, but they can still have trainers. 

jitticus

2 hours ago, Dale Gribble. said:

That’s why most GFL servers give admins admin guidelines. Although, I will say that the admin guidelines could go more in depth on some servers.

22 hours ago, reme leader 049 said:

That’s why most GFL servers give admins admin guidelines. Although, I will say that the admin guidelines could go more in depth on some servers.

exactly tbh when i see admins that dont have any experience with the ulx system they usually get called out by other players or more trouble makers appear and continue to wreak havoc on the server. back then it was chill and nobody had a problem but now its not chill and its strict as hell.  the only thing that makes me furious is that these admins are not trained for these problems and the trial admins have no experience in ulx. another thing is that the playerbase is growing nonstop, more players means more staff but if staff dont have no idea what ulx is or how it works they should not be staff at all or trained with other admins. i know they make mistakes but like i said earlier the more players that apply for staff and dont have experience with ulx the more toxic the community will get.

exactly tbh when i see admins that dont have any experience with the ulx system they usually get called out by other players or more trouble makers appear and continue to wreak havoc on the server. back then it was chill and nobody had a problem but now its not chill and its strict as hell.  the only thing that makes me furious is that these admins are not trained for these problems and the trial admins have no experience in ulx. another thing is that the playerbase is growing nonstop, more players means more staff but if staff dont have no idea what ulx is or how it works they should not be staff at all or trained with other admins. i know they make mistakes but like i said earlier the more players that apply for staff and dont have experience with ulx the more toxic the community will get.

Usually a lack of understanding with ULX would be the individual’s fault, and not the guidelines. I learned everything I had to know about ULX with the admin guidelines here.

19 minutes ago, reme leader 049 said:

Usually a lack of understanding with ULX would be the individual’s fault, and not the guidelines. I learned everything I had to know about ULX with the admin guidelines here.

He's not wrong, the guidelines give enough information on what does what, easy to follow with very descriptive information on everything that should be done/followed as a staff member. I haven't staffed before I became a staff here since 2013, and it was very easy to get back into it.