attrition

I genuinely didn't know about something

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

I hate it when I don't know about something.  It's a good thing I'm not arrogant or anything like that and I know everything.  I am the best and everybody loves me.

alright, w/e, you be you, I guess.

Posted  Edited by DragoonMCL

You know, I'm a Member of the Writing Team. One of only two members as of now (It's just me and Trigger, the Team Leader), but I just wanted to say hi.

Hi.

(Note: I don't want to look rude saying that, I just didn't know what to say, but I also wanted to acknowledge that the Writing Team does exist. In my personal opinion, I'd be glad if a lot more people knew about us.)

Edited by DragoonMCL

[Signature]

Achievements

An Info section wouldn’t be to bad 🤔 maybe like once you become a member it’ll take you to an info section that’ll tell you a bunch of things like, what servers we have what community based stuff we have like event team shit like that could be nice. Tbh there probably is something like this but idk

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

9 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

An Info section wouldn’t be to bad 🤔 maybe like once you become a member it’ll take you to an info section that’ll tell you a bunch of things like, what servers we have what community based stuff we have like event team shit like that could be nice. Tbh there probably is something like this but idk

This is a good idea. I believe @Leks mentioned this idea and said we could send this info via a DM when somebody registers on the website. We used to do this back on the old forums (2014 - 2016). It would send them a DM once registered with useful links/info along with ways to help GFL (at the time, we wrote things down like spreading the word, registering and applying for our group/clan on GameTracker, and more).

I think this'll be neat once we get the Social Media platform going for GFL again and then we can share all of this information via a DM.

Edit

Also found this thread on the old forums.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

This is a good idea. I believe @Leks mentioned this idea and said we could send this info via a DM when somebody registers on the website. We used to do this back on the old forums (2014 - 2016). It would send them a DM once registered with useful links/info along with ways to help GFL (at the time, we wrote things down like spreading the word, registering and applying for our group/clan on GameTracker, and more).

I think this'll be neat once we get the Social Media platform going for GFL again and then we can share all of this information via a DM.

Edit

Also found this thread on the old forums.

That’s perfect. That would help a lot of new people out. Can’t wait 

Hey, when I saw it I almost clicked the apply button but then I realized I have too many things going on right now haha

I'll probably actually start telling people about it because I really like the idea of a writing team.

Posted  Edited by VilhjalmrF
19 hours ago, Joshy said:

I can't tell if you know about sarcasm or not :) 

Sarcasm? Oh no now that is definitely just unreal! That doesn't exist! (YES THIS IS SARCASM HOW DO YOU DO)

Edited by VilhjalmrF

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

This is in off-topic so I genuinely thought this thread was a joke.  My apologies if you were offended although I felt like nothing I said was rude.

22 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

I consider this to be one of the bigger problems in the community and the leadership.  It's too detailed and very scattered, and so it causes problems like these.  We "need" new sections and titles for everything, and then we "need" guides on where to find it and how to use it.  Eventually: These guides will be buried under more crap and we'll need guides on how to get to these guides.  The better strategy is to consolidate.  Make things more intuitive.  We already have what you're describing.  I think it use to be on or near the top.  It's still on the front page, but it requires scrolling because now it is near the bottom.  Sadly... even that section has subsections and you'll find a large duplication of efforts.

Knowledge Base: https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/93-knowledge-base/

Zmx8Qke.png

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

3 minutes ago, Joshy said:

This is in off-topic so I genuinely thought this thread was a joke.  My apologies if you were offended although I felt like nothing I said was rude.

I consider this to be one of the bigger problems in the community and the leadership.  It's too detailed and very scattered, and so it causes problems like these.  We "need" new sections and titles for everything, and then we "need" guides on where to find it and how to use it.  Eventually: These guides will be buried under more crap and we'll need guides on how to get to these guides.  The better strategy is to consolidate.  Make things more intuitive.  We already have what you're describing.  I think it use to be on or near the top.  It's still on the front page, but it requires scrolling because now it is near the bottom.  Sadly... even that section has subsections and you'll find a large duplication of efforts.

Knowledge Base: https://gflclan.com/forums/forum/93-knowledge-base/

Zmx8Qke.png

ah ya I guess we do have that, We could make it more poppin/usefull, or like roy said but ya your right

Posted  Edited by DragoonMCL

We've just gotten one new member for the Writing Team. I sort of hope that we can get some more good people in the future. Thanks for noticing us, and for telling other people about us! I really appreciate it.

Maybe... @Trigger and @Bue. MIGHT have something to say, eh? I guess that we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by DragoonMCL

[Signature]

Achievements