phoenix_

Another Suggestion Thread

Hi,

You're probably sick of me at this point, but I have a couple more suggestions to bring to you.

1) Remove the sound of jumping (and probably shooting) from !hide

- While removing the bodies hopping around you can help visual clutter go away, I'd like to argue that only hearing hops around you is even more distracting when you're trying to focus on a run. It would be a big QOL improvement if the sounds of jumping shooting, knives going, etc. of other players were removed when you do !hide

2) Fix the small "bug" with !stopmusic

- When you do !stopmusic, it will enable the map music the first time you do it instead of disabling it. Not sure if that's intentional for whatever reason, but it just doesn't make much sense to me why that happens.

3) Add tiers to nomination and map vote

- So, I spoke to brandiddly last night (I think that's his name, sorry if I mispelled) and he said that the map tiers were removed from the nomination list and map voting because easier maps would always get voted in even if some players would want to do a harder map. I personally disagree with that decision, but if that's the direction you wish for you server to go in, I think it would be beneficial to add back tiers to nomination list so people know what maps they are nominating, and it's easier for organization. I think it would also be very nice to see what tiers the maps are when it's just the list of maps so everyone knows what they are voting for. I know may "defeat" the purpose of getting rid of voting for a tier of map, but it seems that pretty often maps get voted in without us knowing what it is, and the map ends up getting RTVed because it's too hard, no one wants it, etc. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2020 at 6:57 AM, phoenix_ said:

1) Remove the sound of jumping (and probably shooting) from !hide

- While removing the bodies hopping around you can help visual clutter go away, I'd like to argue that only hearing hops around you is even more distracting when you're trying to focus on a run. It would be a big QOL improvement if the sounds of jumping shooting, knives going, etc. of other players were removed when you do !hide

This is available in more recent versions on the timer we use (shavit) but we have be unsuccessful in getting the updated versions to work properly on our test server.

2) Fix the small "bug" with !stopmusic

- When you do !stopmusic, it will enable the map music the first time you do it instead of disabling it. Not sure if that's intentional for whatever reason, but it just doesn't make much sense to me why that happens.

This normally happens when you join the server and music plays before your !stopmusic status loads in the plugin and it doesn't automatically update to stop any music currently running.

3) Add tiers to nomination and map vote

- So, I spoke to brandiddly last night (I think that's his name, sorry if I mispelled) and he said that the map tiers were removed from the nomination list and map voting because easier maps would always get voted in even if some players would want to do a harder map. I personally disagree with that decision, but if that's the direction you wish for you server to go in, I think it would be beneficial to add back tiers to nomination list so people know what maps they are nominating, and it's easier for organization. I think it would also be very nice to see what tiers the maps are when it's just the list of maps so everyone knows what they are voting for. I know may "defeat" the purpose of getting rid of voting for a tier of map, but it seems that pretty often maps get voted in without us knowing what it is, and the map ends up getting RTVed because it's too hard, no one wants it, etc. 

I'm all for the nomination having the tiers on it but I'm not sure if it is connected directly to the map vote or not. I know that it's annoying when people vote for a hard map that no one wants to play but if there were tiers showing on the map vote higher tier maps would be played much less.