party dog

party dog's TTT MC 24/7 Mute/Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by party dog

Steam Name(s): party dog

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:65883840

Admin that banned you: HowIRageotic

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): week ban

Why should you be unbanned?

The event that led to my ban (I believe) was when I killed 4 T's as the last inno to win. I contested that they all passed an unid'd body and the staff member said I didn't give enough time, then aslayed me once and I thought it was done. The staff member didn't attempt to communicate to me why I was being banned and I wasn't trying to be malicious, because in my mind, none of what I did was RDM. I want to take every advantage the rules allow me, and that's what I feel I did. On top of that, even if my reasoning with the unid'd body wasn't legit and even if that doesn't make me deserving of forgiveness because I did not intend to RDM, at least 2 of the T's I killed during that round were KOS'd anyways. If you'll look at the rules, mass RDM constituting a week ban is defined as:

• 1 week for attempted mass RDM - 2 RDMs with the intent to kill a 3rd.
  • 1 week for Mass RDM - 3 or more RDMs in 1 round.

Given that 2 of the kills were covered by KOS and I did not intend to kill anyone other than the 4 who I did kill, as the round ended, that makes it literally impossible that my actions constituted mass RDM. Rather, for:

• 1 slay for 1-2 RDMs in the following round. (Player must stay until they are slain the following round).

Which is the worst I can possibly be accused of here, which I already served 1 slay for before being banned (disrespectful imo), but I also disagree with, because the rules simply state "walking by an unid'd body" and don't say anything about an allotment of time. If you believe, in spirit, that anything I did was RDM, then you should advocate an amendment to the rules rather than engaging in judicial activism by penalizing me for following the rules. But again, even if you disagree, as I already said, 2 of the players were KOS'd. A week ban is absurd.

Edited by party dog

I edited a sentence I left half-finished without a period for some reason. " I want to take every advantage the rules allow me, and that's what I feel I did." is the only sentence I edited, for clarification.

Good afternoon party dog,

Attached below is a video of the logs and death scenes of the people you Mass RDM'd. To start, I would like to point out that this was not your only transgression of the night. You were slain for RDM'd maybe three or fours times prior to this for killing other innocents unnecessarily. One time I can recall is you killing another innocent for "body blocking" you after you fell into the lava, but he moved out of the way and you could've gone around. Unfortunately, I did not record that because it only resulted in one slay.

First of all, there is no rule about giving people time to ID bodies. HOWEVER, you had an unid'd body right in front of the nether portal, and soon as they came in, you shot them for "passing unid'd bodies". They had just teleported over the body, and from my point of view, it looked like you were using that unid'd body as an excuse to RDM. In one of the death scenes it shows you passing the body, which you very well could've ID'd yourself. If you were concerned about them passing the unid'd body and instantly killing them before they even saw it, you should've ID'd the body yourself.

I do not have any footage of the round the RDM occurred itself nor any footage of who was KOS'd because I was dealing with other reports and did not realize it was Mass RDM until I checked the two reports and damage logs a round later.

Ultimately, party dog manipulated the rules to constitute RDM (once for 1x RDM and the second time for Mass) in such a short time span. Because of that and the Mass RDM, I believe that ban was necessary. I did speak to you about the previous RDM's after you disagreed that you shouldn't be slain, and I did talk about the Mass RDM briefly, but I apologize if you did not hear me. I am not trying to be malicious either. Thank you. 

Posted  Edited by party dog - Edit Reason: "unid'd to shoot people for walking past is used against me, considered RDM and "manipulating the rules" in itself, even aside from the issue of time to id a body."

"Manipulated"

Also admits to not paying attention to the KOS's, but I guess presumption of guilt is a thing and I'm just going to deal with being banned for something I didn't do. Wonder why only 2 of the people I "RDMed" reported me. I don't remember the other RDMs outside of the blocking incident, but I don't know why they'd be relevant for "mass RDM." You don't call it a mass killing when someone kills one person every couple days or weeks or months or years, you call it a serial killing. It's a gross perversion of the English language to count that against me in a mass RDM case. It's also mind numbing to see that, in spite of no rules referring to such an instance, intentionally leaving a body unid'd to shoot people for walking past is used against me, considered RDM and "manipulating the rules" in itself, even aside from the issue of time to id a body. Someone please tell me where this server is physically located so I can remove the side panel and CPU fan, then directly vomit on its motherboard.

Edited by party dog
"unid'd to shoot people for walking past is used against me, considered RDM and "manipulating the rules" in itself, even aside from the issue of time to id a body."

• Ben locked this topic