Nick

[Announcement] Community Representative Election

The Community Representative Election phase has begun!

Click here to see an overview of the candidates and to vote.

As you may recall, we are looking to expand the Council with two Community Representatives. These will get a vote in major decisions in GFL, so make sure to take your time to consider the candidates and vote accordingly.

Who are the candidates?
You can see the candidates on the voting page which can be found here. Remember to click the “Read more about…” links to see what the candidate’s have to tell about themselves, and feel free to ask them questions on their pages.

How will voting work?
To be able to vote you must be a Member+, and your forum account must be at least 2 months old. Two positions are open, so you will be able to vote twice, but you cannot vote for the same person. Voting will be open for two weeks which means until October 11 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time, so take your time and get to know the candidates. Be aware, that you cannot undo your votes.

To summarize:

• You vote here.
  • You must be a Member+.
  • Your account must be older than 2 months.
  • You have two votes in total.
  • You cannot vote for the same person twice.
  • Voting will close October 11 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time.

When the voting phase is over, the two winners will be announced with the amount of votes they received. Moreover, the total amount of votes will be made publicly available. The vote count of the remaining candidates will not be made publicly available.

If you have any issues with voting, questions or concerns, then please reach out to me or another Council member!

View full article

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

This is a cool thing. Nobody's commented on this, so I'm just going to say GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THAT APPLIED! I mean, there are less people than I thought there'd be, but it's still nice to see some familiar AND good people try to go to a high position in the community. Through election methods, of course, but still. It's cool. I like it.

[Signature]

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Is it possible to randomize the order of their names on that page?  I'd encourage people to read about everyone and try to make a fair vote; I think we've all participated in some type of vote and there is a natural advantage to having your name show up first in a list even if it's no guarantee.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

10 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

#SaladAndWailordForCR

I agree

.eJwVzEEOhCAMAMC_8ABaC0L0NwQJkogltJ42-_ddM_f5mGdeZjen6pAd4GiSeR5WlGeqxVbmepU0mtjMHZJqymcvtwrQhs6vHqMPjrYXOES3hCWsRIjR-UjQ-r8RO-5qvj_gJCIu.t46Loz1YH4dqwtzyP7UxuKymbe4Capture.PNG.4c9bc5dbf21f8a1679c5bd711f1f064e.PNG

Former Manager On Hide and Seek

Former Admin  on prop hunt

Former trail admin on breach 

23 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

#SaladAndWailordForCR

They both would serve lovely and at the best of their ability-

We couldn’t go wrong with anyone that wins. Everyone on that list means well and all have a variety of strong capabilities. 

3 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I thought they were voting for Community Representatives not Director Representatives.  Whoops!

No,

this election is on Community Representatives.

The post that mentioned this has been hidden by the author, but I would like to note that the Council as a whole decided on which applications got to proceed; not just the Directors.

I do get the notion that it feels odd that the higher-ups gets a say in something supposedly "democratic". It's important to note that this is not a truly democratic process. I have always played with the idea of GFL utilizing a lot more democratic practices, but I am not sure how well that works in an online setting. It works quite well in "IRL" organizations, but I think meeting face-to-face and being more personal is big factor in that.

This CR election is not truly democratic and that's no secret. It's rather my "pet project" for experimenting with democratic tools to gauge how well it can be used in GFL.

I hope this clears some things up.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

14 hours ago, JGuary55 said:

Don’t lie everyone on that list sucks and should resign let’s be honest 

Common wailord and salad pretty cool people :)

.eJwVzEEOhCAMAMC_8ABaC0L0NwQJkogltJ42-_ddM_f5mGdeZjen6pAd4GiSeR5WlGeqxVbmepU0mtjMHZJqymcvtwrQhs6vHqMPjrYXOES3hCWsRIjR-UjQ-r8RO-5qvj_gJCIu.t46Loz1YH4dqwtzyP7UxuKymbe4Capture.PNG.4c9bc5dbf21f8a1679c5bd711f1f064e.PNG

Former Manager On Hide and Seek

Former Admin  on prop hunt

Former trail admin on breach 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by SpaZBoT - Edit Reason: typo

Agreed this is a very cool thing.....and GFL is a way cool Group with even cooler no cheating flaming BotZ.....:)))

Edited by SpaZBoT
typo

Hey, everyone.

As some of you may have seen Leks has sadly decided to resign from all ranks in GFL; this includes Community Representative if he would win. Since votes would have gone to waste, it has been decided that votes for Leks will be removed so those who voted for Leks can recast their votes on other candidates. You will have 2 days to (re)cast your votes. Therefore, the new deadline is October 13 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time.

We apologize for the delay, and we are looking forward to working with the new CRs soon. 😄