Cassie

Duc's 1st Information Analysis - Traps

Posted  Edited by Duc2000

I decided that a day was long enough to get a good amount of responses to the survey I posted yesterday. If you didn't know, the survey asked questions regarding personal opinion of traps and some demographics. There were responses from 48 individuals, 3 of whom were tossed out due to joke responses. You let people enter their own gender, and you get this...

image.thumb.png.5f25b7a30e8e642066bcedee134d0772.png

So, let's get into some fun graphs!

General Demographics

First, just an overview of the demographics of the sample population. The population obviously is not a representative sample of GFL; it's just people who volunteered to take a survey on traps. Figure 1 is a pie chart for the genders of the participants.

image.thumb.png.567e16d9a025be22abdbdb6fe88c4941.png
Figure 1

There were 3 females, 39 males, 2 who answered "prefer not to say", and 1 non-binary individual. This obviously already skews the data, as without a large number of female participants, we can't say for sure if the data accurately represents females within GFL (except for if there is an equal percentage of females within GFL as in the study, in which case... that would make a lot of sense).

Figure 2 is a pie chart of ages.

image.thumb.png.b6c5fbd8ce5c57a183e2cb27874742b5.png
Figure 2

There were 5 participants who were 12-14, 16 who were between 15 and 18 (yes, I do know I technically put 18 twice. get over it), and 24 people who were 18 or older. This is actually a relatively nice spread between the three compared to the gender chart. My reason for using these three age ranges was because they're about the age you are in middle school, high school, and out of primary education, at least in the US. I wondered if the different atmospheres of each of this ages/school settings could be associated with opinion of traps, but we'll get there in a moment.

The final pie chart for general demographics is Figure 3, a chart of sexuality. 

image.thumb.png.0b24665f02bec0fbf06b788a28646698.png
Figure 3

I'm not surprised by these percentages: 27 heterosexual individuals, 13 bisexual or polysexuals, 3 homosexuals, and 2 "Other". I apologize if you were confused by homosexual being there because you believe bisexuality falls under homosexuality. It technically does, but I believe that most people just use homosexual as another term for gay or lesbian.

A quick addition: Figure 3.5 shows the percentage of people in the sample population who like traps.

image.thumb.png.a05a4e3d8b163070840b5c5ff2bb5b00.png
Figure 3.5

Nice to see that slight majority. We love traps.

Anyways, on to the actual analysis:

Analysis
My methodology for analysis was forming segmented bar graphs, as each question asked a qualitative question. These graphs would have a demographic as each bar and the frequency for the 2 non-demographic questions as the segments.

Figure 4 is the first graph, opinion on traps by gender. If you don't know how to read a segmented bar graph, each bar represents 100% of the individuals in that category. For example, the bar for females represents 100% of the 3 females in the study. The bar is then divided based on responses from those individuals: in this case, 33.33% of female participants believe traps were sexually attractive, and 66.66% believe they aren't.

image.thumb.png.cd442235e9b9b9296ce92d0cdb4ef7c8.png
Figure 4

Based on the data in figure 4, males within the sample population are more likely to like traps than females are to like them. To be honest, that's mostly expected. Traps, after all, look feminine, and are designed to cater to a male audience, regardless of their sexuality. However, with only 3 female participants, I'm unsure if this really represents the majority of females in GFL. But As for "prefer not to say" and the Non-Binary individual, I definitely can't say anything about them. The number of people in each group was too small for the data to mean anything.

Figure 5 shows the opinion on traps separated by age group.

image.thumb.png.ff39c9e215e2f256aae13bc6c1fda7d1.png
Figure 5

The graph suggests that there is an association between age and not liking traps: 18+ individuals are less likely to be attracted to traps than those under 18 within the sample population. Obviously this could be because of the sample size and non-randomness, but it's still nice to see trends.

Figure 6 is the opinions on traps separated by sexuality, probably the most important graph.

image.thumb.png.a7e8adf4d12fb7897ceaca9272761e0e.png
Figure 6

Well, these numbers aren't too surprising. Bisexuals and Polysexuals were way more likely to like traps than heterosexuals. I guess a few of you heterosexuals just have good taste. I'm a scientist, can't put bias in the presentation of the data. Anyways, homosexuals... actually weren't likely to be attracted to traps. 0% probability that they would be, in fact. Is that because of the combination of both male and female characteristics? Do they just want 1 or the other? That would make sense, but I can't say for sure. The graphs just show association. Also, there were only 2 homosexual individuals in the survey population, so that data could be heavily skewed. Maybe homosexuals actually all love traps and we just didn't survey the right ones. Again, the non-randomness of the sample comes into play. Also, all individuals who put "Other" for the sexuality liked traps. While there are only two of them, I guess it would have been interesting to know what the sexuality actually was so we could see if that affected it.

Figure 7 is the first graph looking at knowledge of the dick, separated by gender.

image.thumb.png.d944f8d5d56ff3ee04a047cb9f0bc3e7.png
Figure 7

Essentially, this was asking if you thought the trap was more attractive with or without the dick. Figure 7 shows that females were most likely not to care, likely because the females just didn't like the traps in general. For males, none of the options were over 50%, but the appeal decreasing was the highest percent. This goes back to Figure 4: we can see that about the same percentage of males who didn't find traps attractive also said the dick made the appeal decrease. Does this mean that the obvious is true, and that males don't like traps because it has a dick? Why yes Duc, and why did you spend so much effort to reach that conclusion? Because I felt like it. Anyways, based on the raw data alone, males were more likely to not like the trap having the dick than any other gender, including "Prefer not to say" and non-binary, but remember, every gender but male had a low number of individuals, so the data doesn't really mean anything.

Figure 8 is a graph of knowledge of the dick and appeal based on that by age.

image.thumb.png.7110bc4c7960f23baaab495c4184441f.png
Figure 8

The values here were all about the same. There's no association between age and the effect a trap's dick has on your perceived appeal of said trap. Pretty unsurprising.

Figure 9 is the final segmented bar graph, a graph of sexuality and whether the dick affected the appeal or not.

image.thumb.png.95661896a882b98154a46d9091633049.png
Figure 9

So, unsurprisingly, heterosexuals were most likely to not like the trap having a dick. When you consider that statistically, most of them were male, it makes sense. There's almost an equal percent of bisexuals/polysexuals for whom the appeal stayed the same and increased. So about half of them like the trap more because of it, and half don't. Homosexuals were likely to maintain the same view of the trap regardless of the dick, and "other" don't like dicks I guess, even though they liked traps...

Conclusion
Is any of this data useful? Not really. I just felt like collecting it. Overall, we learned things we already guessed: bisexuals like traps and heterosexual (likely males) don't. Older people don't like traps. And when it comes to bisexuals, their opinion on the dick is (based on Figure 9):
The Dick Only Makes It Better | Danganronpa | Know Your Meme
Now, we can't explain these findings with the data gathered. We can only guess at why older people don't like traps (hmmm maybe the data is skewed just a thought though). All the data shows is association, not causation or really even correlation (you need quantitative variables to talk about correlation).

So, thanks to all who participated! I'll try to do another one of these soon, hopefully with a quicker data analysis.
Edited by Duc2000

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

8 minutes ago, Duc2000 said:

I decided that a day was long enough to get a good amount of responses to the survey I posted yesterday. If you didn't know, the survey asked questions regarding personal opinion of traps and some demographics. There were responses from 48 individuals, 3 of whom were tossed out due to joke responses. You let people enter their own gender, and you get this...

image.thumb.png.5f25b7a30e8e642066bcedee134d0772.png

So, let's get into some fun graphs!

General Demographics

First, just an overview of the demographics of the sample population. The population obviously is not a representative sample of GFL; it's just people who volunteered to take a survey on traps. Figure 1 is a pie chart for the genders of the participants.

image.thumb.png.567e16d9a025be22abdbdb6fe88c4941.png
Figure 1

There were 3 females, 39 males, 2 who answered "prefer not to say", and 1 non-binary individual. This obviously already skews the data, as without a large number of female participants, we can't say for sure if the data accurately represents females within GFL (except for if there is an equal percentage of females within GFL as in the study, in which case... that would make a lot of sense).

Figure 2 is a pie chart of ages.

image.thumb.png.b6c5fbd8ce5c57a183e2cb27874742b5.png
Figure 2

There were 5 participants who were 12-14, 16 who were between 15 and 18 (yes, I do know I technically put 18 twice. get over it), and 24 people who were 18 or older. This is actually a relatively nice spread between the three compared to the gender chart. My reason for using these three age ranges was because they're about the age you are in middle school, high school, and out of primary education, at least in the US. I wondered if the different atmospheres of each of this ages/school settings could be associated with opinion of traps, but we'll get there in a moment.

The final pie chart for general demographics is Figure 3, a chart of sexuality. 

image.thumb.png.0b24665f02bec0fbf06b788a28646698.png
Figure 3

I'm not surprised by these percentages: 27 heterosexual individuals, 13 bisexual or polysexuals, 3 homosexuals, and 2 "Other". I apologize if you were confused by homosexual being there because you believe bisexuality falls under homosexuality. It technically does, but I believe that most people just use homosexual as another term for gay or lesbian.

A quick addition: Figure 3.5 shows the percentage of people in the sample population who like traps.

image.thumb.png.a05a4e3d8b163070840b5c5ff2bb5b00.png
Figure 3.5

Nice to see that slight majority. We love traps.

Anyways, on to the actual analysis:

Analysis
My methodology for analysis was forming segmented bar graphs, as each question asked a qualitative question. These graphs would have a demographic as each bar and the frequency for the 2 non-demographic questions as the segments.

Figure 4 is the first graph, opinion on traps by gender. If you don't know how to read a segmented bar graph, each bar represents 100% of the individuals in that category. For example, the bar for females represents 100% of the 3 females in the study. The bar is then divided based on responses from those individuals: in this case, 33.33% of female participants believe traps were sexually attractive, and 66.66% believe they aren't.

image.thumb.png.cd442235e9b9b9296ce92d0cdb4ef7c8.png
Figure 4

Based on the data in figure 4, males within the sample population are more likely to like traps than females are to like them. To be honest, that's mostly expected. Traps, after all, look feminine, and are designed to cater to a male audience, regardless of their sexuality. However, with only 3 female participants, I'm unsure if this really represents the majority of females in GFL. But As for "prefer not to say" and the Non-Binary individual, I definitely can't say anything about them. The number of people in each group was too small for the data to mean anything.

Figure 5 shows the opinion on traps separated by age group.

image.thumb.png.ff39c9e215e2f256aae13bc6c1fda7d1.png
Figure 5

The graph suggests that there is an association between age and not liking traps: 18+ individuals are less likely to be attracted to traps than those under 18 within the sample population. Obviously this could be because of the sample size and non-randomness, but it's still nice to see trends.

Figure 6 is the opinions on traps separated by sexuality, probably the most important graph.

image.thumb.png.a7e8adf4d12fb7897ceaca9272761e0e.png
Figure 6

Well, these numbers aren't too surprising. Bisexuals and Polysexuals were way more likely to like traps than heterosexuals. I guess a few of you heterosexuals just have good taste. I'm a scientist, can't put bias in the presentation of the data. Anyways, homosexuals... actually weren't likely to be attracted to traps. 0% probability that they would be, in fact. Is that because of the combination of both male and female characteristics? Do they just want 1 or the other? That would make sense, but I can't say for sure. The graphs just show association. Also, there were only 2 homosexual individuals in the survey population, so that data could be heavily skewed. Maybe homosexuals actually all love traps and we just didn't survey the right ones. Again, the non-randomness of the sample comes into play. Also, all individuals who put "Other" for the sexuality liked traps. While there are only two of them, I guess it would have been interesting to know what the sexuality actually was so we could see if that affected it.

Figure 7 is the first graph looking at knowledge of the dick, separated by gender.

image.thumb.png.d944f8d5d56ff3ee04a047cb9f0bc3e7.png
Figure 7

Essentially, this was asking if you thought the trap was more attractive with or without the dick. Figure 7 shows that females were most likely not to care, likely because the females just didn't like the traps in general. For males, none of the options were over 50%, but the appeal decreasing was the highest percent. This goes back to Figure 4: we can see that about the same percentage of males who didn't find traps attractive also said the dick made the appeal decrease. Does this mean that the obvious is true, and that males don't like traps because it has a dick? Why yes Duc, and why did you spend so much effort to reach that conclusion? Because I felt like it. Anyways, based on the raw data alone, males were more likely to not like the trap having the dick than any other gender, including "Prefer not to say" and non-binary, but remember, every gender but male had a low number of individuals, so the data doesn't really mean anything.

Figure 8 is a graph of knowledge of the dick and appeal based on that by age.

image.thumb.png.7110bc4c7960f23baaab495c4184441f.png
Figure 8

The values here were all about the same. There's no association between age and the effect a trap's dick has on your perceived appeal of said trap. Pretty unsurprising.

Figure 9 is the final segmented bar graph, a graph of sexuality and whether the dick affected the appeal or not.

image.thumb.png.95661896a882b98154a46d9091633049.png
Figure 9

So, unsurprisingly, heterosexuals were most likely to not like the trap having a dick. When you consider that statistically, most of them were male, so it makes sense. There's almost an equal percent of bisexuals/polysexuals for whom the appeal stayed the same and increased. So about half of them like the trap more because of it, and half don't. Homosexuals were likely to maintain the same view of the trap regardless of the dick, and "other" don't like dicks I guess, even though they liked traps...

Conclusion
Is any of this data useful? Not really. I just felt like collecting it. Overall, we learned things we already guessed: bisexuals like traps and heterosexual (likely males) don't. Older people don't like traps. And when it comes to bisexuals, their opinion on the dick is (based on Figure 9):
The Dick Only Makes It Better | Danganronpa | Know Your Meme
Now, we can't explain these findings with the data gathered. We can only guess at why older people don't like traps (hmmm maybe the data is skewed just a thought though). All the data shows is association, not causation or really even correlation (you need quantitative variables to talk about correlation).

So, thanks to all who participated! I'll try to do one of these soon, hopefully with a quicker data analysis.

YOOOOOO lmao 

img

Thanks to @Auralanity for the amazing signature

Posted  Edited by Alexis

I hope your College University likes this collection of information (you probably aren't in college anywas), hopefully the traps in the college find out that you collected information on them and jump your bones with lust in their eyes.

Edited by Alexis

27 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

So inconclusion, girls are gay. 

Something i can agree on.

unknown.png.3804adb81bcedc6c6c564f1dc9fcbf01.png

Achievements