im not inactive you are

Poll: Bring back emotes on forums

Bring back forums emotes  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think GFL should bring back forums emotes?

• Yes, bring them back
    • No, they're toxic

2 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

What about hypers and poggers and omegalul, those were the best

What started the issue was, "Omegalul" but, those other two you suggested should also come back. But even then, my time here, I never really saw Omegalul used in a toxic sense. So i'm okay with it if anyone else is.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Regardless of the poll, we will NOT bring them back. They were removed for rightful reasons.

I do recall in the post Liloz saying something about re-adding reactions.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

12 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

I do recall in the post Liloz saying something about re-adding reactions.

From the thread @Ben linked: "Please do suggest reactions and we can rebuild from the ground up as stated. Restrictions will be far harsher on what is accepted, therefore, it's very unlikely we'll ever budge from just the like button."

TL:DR; We will add reactions back individually if a good argument is given as to why.

This poll implies:

• Yes; all reactions should be brought back.
  • No; they were all rightfully removed for being "toxic". (who is going to vote this for the "thanks" or "winner" reaction, of course, those weren't toxic... just redundant)

Clearly, this is made in bad faith, and you should feel bad. Try harder next time, I'm gonna reject this "suggestion".

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

• Liloz01 locked and unlocked this topic
Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
13 minutes ago, Liloz01 said:

From the thread @Ben linked: "Please do suggest reactions and we can rebuild from the ground up as stated. Restrictions will be far harsher on what is accepted, therefore, it's very unlikely we'll ever budge from just the like button."

TL:DR; We will add reactions back individually if a good argument is given as to why.

This poll implies:

• Yes; all reactions should be brought back.
  • No; they were all rightfully removed for being "toxic". (who is going to vote this for the "thanks" or "winner" reaction, of course, those weren't toxic... just redundant)

Clearly, this is made in bad faith, and you should feel bad. Try harder next time, I'm gonna reject this "suggestion".

Take it back a notch to when it was "Sad, Confused, Thanks, Winner, Like", this is my suggestion, others have suggested bringing back Poggers or Hyppers.

This wasn't made in bad faith, I'd love to have something to react other than "Like". If I find a post laughable, Poggers. If I find a post helpful, Thanks/Winner/Like. If I find a post that I don't understand, Confused. Sure, you can use reactions to shit on people, same goes with posts. Why leave a comment saying "confused" when you can leave the confused reaction 

Or we could have an array of different emotes:
Helpful

Not Helpful

Funny 😂

Sad 😢

16/22 people want emotes back.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

This thread has already been rejected, please make a new thread to suggest emotes. The purpose of this thread was to make a deceptive, uninformed argument, rallying people up. (spoke to you in Discord further about this, and that's all I can say as a conclusion)

P.S. the ones you have just suggested would be rejected as they are redudant/toxic.

"Helpful" is the same as liking the post and is not very clear as to why. (clarity and redundancy)

"Not Helpful" is the same as not liking the post and is not very clear as to why. (clarity and redundancy)

"Confused" is literally the same as the last confused, which was removed. (toxic/clarity)

"Funny" literally just going to replace omegalul/haha. (toxic/clarity)

"Sad" is unclear. (clarity) (though, honestly, I'm not too against adding this for specific subforums, e.g. the resignations forum, perhaps announcements? at that point it just doesn't seem worth it, though).

I would MUCH prefer a Forum where users instead respond with their more complicated feelings. As many YouTubers say: If your feelings are more complicated than the like button, please leave a comment down below.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: