Serenity

Add Deathrun Server?

I searched this title and didn’t find anything but I was wondering if GFL would ever want to implement a Deathrun server. I heard there was a few in the past, maybe we could bring them back again? There isn’t a lot of big Deathrun servers to complete with so I don’t see the cons. Sorry if this suggestion was posted already.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by VilhjalmrF

If this is for Garry's Mod Division this has been tried two or three times already. I believe all were shut down due to inactivity. I don't know if trying again would be worth the effort seeing how it got shut down in the past.

But we shall see what the staff have to say. Maybe they're interested, maybe they're not.

Edited by VilhjalmrF

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Yea we used to have one. I think the server could be successful with the right staff members. If the server gets like 4 good admins and a manager who does events, the server could be successful. The admins will need to idle on the server sometimes if population decreases. I don't remember idling on the old server when I was staff. 

jitticus

I don't think it'd work out in GMod because GMod's server browser sorts by game mode popularity and I don't believe GMod's DR game mode is popular at all sadly, but CS:GO and TF2 may have a chance. We had the #1 CS:S Deathrun server in the past, but CS:S is dead now :(

2 hours ago, Roy said:

We had the #1 CS:S Deathrun server in the past, but CS:S is dead now

I've always longed for CS:S Deathrun ngl. Unfortunate.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

8 hours ago, Roy said:

I don't think it'd work out in GMod because GMod's server browser sorts by game mode popularity and I don't believe GMod's DR game mode is popular at all sadly, but CS:GO and TF2 may have a chance. We had the #1 CS:S Deathrun server in the past, but CS:S is dead now :(

I can understand that I guess. Even though it’s not the most popular gamemode there are a lot of dedicated players who commit to it and look for new servers to join every day. I feel like a lot of people in this community would also like to stop by to switch it up from their main servers that play from time to time. I don’t know maybe I’m being optimistic but I feel like a Deathrun server in GFL would be cool and worth a shot. 

Achievements

10 hours ago, Seren said:

I can understand that I guess. Even though it’s not the most popular gamemode there are a lot of dedicated players who commit to it and look for new servers to join every day. I feel like a lot of people in this community would also like to stop by to switch it up from their main servers that play from time to time. I don’t know maybe I’m being optimistic but I feel like a Deathrun server in GFL would be cool and worth a shot. 

Yea I would try to help with that server if I can. Tbh its worth a shot

jitticus

On 10/21/2020 at 10:09 PM, Seren said:

I searched this title and didn’t find anything but I was wondering if GFL would ever want to implement a Deathrun server. I heard there was a few in the past, maybe we could bring them back again? There isn’t a lot of big Deathrun servers to complete with so I don’t see the cons. Sorry if this suggestion was posted already.

CAN I JUST SAY THAT I REALLY LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!?!?!?!?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ★*IJC*★ said:

I know this is a month old but I would love see a GFL dr server. I would play it and try to help with it.

It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. Mostly because the DR population on GMod is very low and apparently we have had past DR server that didn’t work out. It sucks though, would’ve been nice.

Achievements