Ben

What Did You Learn During COVID-19 Quarantine/Lockdowns?

Second thread of a daily threads. I've noticed that a lot of people learn a new stuff when they have to stay inside and be quarantined/under lockdown. During the lockdown (or if it's still in process to you Europeans), what have you learned? Lobby, social studies, anything else?

Additionally, if you haven't learned anything (which is fine - you do you), what else did you do during the quarantine/lockdown? 

For me, personally, I've learned a little bit further details on Docker and Linux in general. I now run some of the personal discord bots on a dedicated machine, and I managed to make a dockerfile. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I've been stretching everyday.  I still cannot do the splits :( I am super inflexible.

Before the lockdown I watched very few shows.  Now I've been sucked into watching the Vampire Diaries.  I'm honestly game for Damon to hook up with Elena.  My girlfriend also got me to watch Twilight and I'm on Team Jacob, but she's Team Edward.

Some things I want to pick up again is I use to play the piano a lot.  I don't have one in my apartment.  My twin spilled it to me that I might be getting one for Christmas so that I can play again (I posted a video once of me playing The Dragster Wave its the end credits in the movie Taken..)  I'm not going to sell myself as a talented player I only knew a few basic songs.

Things like Neowise comet wants me to get a telescope and start stargazing.

I work a lot in my spare time too.  One of the projects I was working on uses a lot of LISP programming.  It's a super old language!  I can explain its reference I mostly work with chip design and Cadence is a company that makes the software that does all of that stuff.  Cadence calls it "SKILL Programming" which has it's own similar syntax, but you can use LISP too.  A lot of times you buy a software you get what you get and if the feature doesn't exist you have to do a request or find a work around.  With this programming language you can literally create your own feature and automation.  You don't like something?  Make it.  I think that's really cool so I'm super into it.

edit:

For anyone interested in learning programming I can't help but advertised that I wrote a series of guides that are meant to practically hold your hand in C programming :) the syntax is so similar to a lot of languages, that I think you could really run off with it and try anything else later

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

2 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Honestly what I learned most is how much easier school is now, it's crazy how easy most of the tasks are. Most of the times the only reason I even use brain power is cause all of my work is in Spanish now.

YES lol, school is honestly just a walk in the park for me now, personally.

I have pretty much just been playing video games, applying to colleges, and hanging out with my my closest friends when I can. 

I may start trying to learn how to code soon. 

Achievements

I learnt 1 thing, that school is 10x harder and i cannot be bothered to wake up at 7am to only look at a screen for 6hrs

Token             

-Former Nerd-

Posted  Edited by reme leader 049

I learned that I don’t like source games 

Edited by reme leader 049

I learned that our current US president is an idiot. Was a very sad day.

I write programs and stuff.

If you need to contact me, here is my discord tag: Dustin#6688

I am a busy person. So responses may be delayed.

1840045955_Thicco(1).thumb.png.87c04f05633286f3b45b381b4acc4602.png

I learned that some people are insane. The fact that people don't wear masks and think 5G will do mind control really show the bad parts of the United States. It's upsetting to see because a majority of us are being intelligent about this, but that small percentage ruin everything. I also learned that TikTok "celebrities", (if you can even call them that), are the most selfish fucking people ever. That one guy Bryce Hall is a retard. 

jitticus

1 hour ago, TheJitFace said:

5G will do mind control

Bro wdym it does mind control us! Also mask are government control, now let’s go raid a random store!

• 3 weeks later...