Serenity

2021 Grammy's

Posted  Edited by Serenity

rsz_4x3_canvas_black.jpg.b7e9bb43fb22581cba00bc6ccdea60e4.jpg

The 2021 Grammy's are approaching and the nomination list has been released. 

Last year, the Grammy's kind of flopped for me. I love so many artists that won, such as Billie Eilish, Lizzo, and Lil Nas X but I was very upset because I felt that Ariana Grande was snubbed.  She had 5 nominations yet didn't win a single one. Because of this, I was very excited to see who would be nominated this year. There are a few artists I saw that I am rooting for to win.  One of them being Doja Cat. I feel like she has had such an amazing year. Song after song was a bop and every single one of her live performances were amazing and topped the last. I do feel like one artist was snubbed this year and that would be The Weeknd. I don't listen to him much, but I loved Blinding Lights and apparently, it broke some pretty big records. It has set a new record for "most weeks in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 and has now spent 40 weeks somewhere in the Top 10, a time that has included 4 non-consecutive weeks in the #1 spot. Right now, it sits at #7." I feel that he should've been put in the record of the year and song of the year category. But the academy has shown time and time again how corrupt they are.

Anyways, my questions I'd like to ask you all... What do you think of the nomination list and who are you rooting for the most this year? Also what do you think about the Grammy's snubbing certain artists?

Nomination List: https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/2021-grammys-complete-nominees-list

Edited by Serenity

Achievements

54 minutes ago, Pachimo said:

It's painful when artists/bands I listen to aren't nominees. :((

I agree, so many other artists that deserve recognition but don't have the fan base or the radio play to be acknowledged :(

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I read on super unreliable Yahoo news that I read anyways, that the Weeknd got snubbed :(  I didn't feel it coming.

A lot of the people on the list I hardly know them if they aren't mainstream like Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish; I think I've heard a few Dua Lipa ones, but my girlfriend really does not like her so I don't listen lol.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

3 minutes ago, Daddy Issues said:

Just shows really how rigged the grammys are, the weeknd deserved a grammy and they didnt give one to him which sucks

I just find it absolutely crazy how he had one of the best albums of the year and most awarded albums of the year but songs like yummy by Justin Bieber can be nominated over his. 

Achievements

The Weeknd got absolutely snubbed. Should've had multiple nominations.

I am not sure how true it is, but apparently I heard the reason he didn't end up getting any nominations is because he picked to perform at the Super Bowl this year instead of performing at the Grammy's, so he lost "any shot of a nomination if he didn't pick them".

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

Yea I kinda have to scratch my head at how they thought not nominating Abel for a single thing was going to fly. I just don't see how his album wouldn't just outright surpass some of the other nominess due to the sheer amount of monthly listeners he has alone. Whatever reason it is the grammys chose not to I really don't care as I don't have that much care about them in the first place but it seems most people are in agreement that this was incredibly stupid. Even looking at some of the nominations for the smaller categories like the two rap categories I just think they could have chosen better. The fact that iann dior wasn't listed for a single thing either blows my mind because he started the year with like an average of a million monthly listeners on spotify and now sits comfortably at 39 million... Seems like that should warrant some type of nomination but who am I to judge. Idk, as I said I've never been that big of a fan of music award shows but after looking into this it just seems like I was right in not caring. I think that if the grammys wants to continue being the most coveted award show they need to get a little hit of reality sooner rather than later. 

Achievements

1 hour ago, EJ. said:

The Weeknd got absolutely snubbed. Should've had multiple nominations.

I am not sure how true it is, but apparently I heard the reason he didn't end up getting any nominations is because he picked to perform at the Super Bowl this year instead of performing at the Grammy's, so he lost "any shot of a nomination if he didn't pick them".

I also heard that, but that shouldn't determine if he is nominated for a Grammy. So stupid to be honest.

3 minutes ago, P i n g u said:

Yea I kinda have to scratch my head at how they thought not nominating Abel for a single thing was going to fly. I just don't see how his album wouldn't just outright surpass some of the other nominess due to the sheer amount of monthly listeners he has alone. Whatever reason it is the grammys chose not to I really don't care as I don't have that much care about them in the first place but it seems most people are in agreement that this was incredibly stupid. Even looking at some of the nominations for the smaller categories like the two rap categories I just think they could have chosen better. The fact that iann dior wasn't listed for a single thing either blows my mind because he started the year with like an average of a million monthly listeners on spotify and now sits comfortably at 39 million... Seems like that should warrant some type of nomination but who am I to judge. Idk, as I said I've never been that big of a fan of music award shows but after looking into this it just seems like I was right in not caring. I think that if the grammys wants to continue being the most coveted award show they need to get a little hit of reality sooner rather than later. 

I feel like with what was said above you, that there was to much behind the scenes politics involved with deciding if he should be nominated or not. They do this every year and at this point I'm starting to believe it's on purpose because maybe it gives them more views or something. Who knows, I just wish it wasn't like this anymore. 

Achievements