Ben

COVID-19 Discussion Thread

Figured since there isn't any threads about this in general.... I'll start this one.

In the U.S., infection is increasing (one expert estimated that we'd reach 1 million cases a week), many people are not wearing masks, and among other things. On bright side, we're getting vaccines that are 92 to 97% effective, and earlier today, UK had announced that they will be offering the shot in coming days.

South Carolina is still at 1,200+ daily cases with about 7-20 deaths daily. I wish that my governor orders mandate lockdown, or at least order to start wearing masks in public. So to sum up - what do you think? How is the news coming in your U.S. states or other countries? How do you feel wearing masks? Anything else related to this thread. 

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by JGuary55

Cmon you think us Idot Americans can follow such an easy task? NO cuz were idots LOL case closed, this will go on forever with us unless they make it a law and  start throwing us in jail.

Edited by JGuary55

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

How do you feel wearing masks?

DUDE, they make the bottom-half of my face break out. I can't fuckin breathe in them TOO(just uncomfy). But I still wear them :) ... just not over my nose sometimes 0.0

In the US it's looking like they are doing different rounds of administering the vaccine. First comes high risk people, like first line responders, nursing homes, then older people or people with underlying conditions, then the general public. Something like that (correct me if I'm wrong). I personally am very much ready to be able to go out and continue the things I loved to do before this pandemic happened. I especially hope COVID is calmed down by the time I go to college, so I can have the whole freshman experience. We will see though, but regarding masks I always wear them and have no problem with them, except sometimes the strap hurts my ears. It's all worth it thought to stay safe and protect others. 

Achievements

My area has been extremely bad.  Just today when I went to go pick up Chipotle that normally let 2 customers into the store now lock the doors...  the person takes your order at the door... goes to the food lineup and orders it from the coworker for you...  then comes back and takes your card... pays with your card... then comes back.  I ordered something and they had forgotten it so they had to do it again.  I thought it was a very odd process, but I'm okay with sacrifice to minimize risks.

I live in a very expensive area.  One of the streets it's just an entire lengthy street of homeless people living in tents, and there is a lot of garbage and junk all over the side of the road.  I see police officers visiting it almost everyday and about a month or two ago someone must have been killed there because they were asking if people could speak up if they witnessed anything (not sure if murder or hit and run).  I live in one of the cheaper apartments it's $3000 USD/mo at the cost of living a little bit further away... the people in the apartments right along that street full of homeless people the rent was easily about $3600-4000 USD/mo when we were first looking at the beginning of the pandemic although it has dropped a little bit.  I'll see if I can take a picture of it later tonight.

6PjzrMp.png

The state is often more liberal, but we do still have a lot of people who think the virus is exaggerated or a hoax; a lot more people even if they do believe it they don't wear their masks properly and are not considerate of social distancing.  If there's a line... right behind you less than an inch away with their COVID breath tornado-ing around you is where they should be about to do mouth to mouth CPR on me if I don't ask them to give me some space.  I've noticed the most vulnerable and feeble people hobble even closer towards you and don't get a clue when I start coughing aggressively to scare them.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by jarm323
1 hour ago, Alexis said:

Not wearing it over the nose is basically not wearing the mask...

Shake my head...

^^^^

The virus ain't gonna be like, "oh they have a mask on...... even though their nose is uncovered, I can't infect them" :lenny:

Edited by jarm323

1654039214_lennyfacesignaturejarm2_webp.png.77166eade8f7320848ec595e26aa1230.png

8 hours ago, Ben said:

How do you feel wearing masks? Anything else related to this thread. 

I don’t understand the fuss around masks. Just get an all natural mask and you’re good to go.

I personally don’t mind wearing masks, because it doesn’t bother me.  I’m just doing what I’m told, i really don’t get the fuss around it either. Just wear it, I have Asthma too, and I’m not complaining 

Three former presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama volunteer to get coronavirus vaccine publicly to prove that it's safe. 

I sure hope that it will change people's mind on not taking the vaccines in 2021, so there's another good news, at least. 

76561198043643390.png

I don't wear a mask when I go out. I go grocery shopping at Walmart nearing close times (10pm), so there is already like no one there, and I use self-checkout. COVID has been researched & shown that it doesn't stick to surfaces for long, so I just sanitize my hands after shopping.

The reason I don't wear a mask is because it restricts my breathing, if I'm required to wear a mask, I'll have to be taking it off often, and at that point any bacteria/virus caught in the fibers of the mask would just be all over my hands. 

by "if I'm required" I mean, if I'm going to a more public place, like Universal Studios, or a place with lots of people.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

17 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

The reason I don't wear a mask is because it restricts my breathing, if I'm required to wear a mask, I'll have to be taking it off often, and at that point any bacteria/virus caught in the fibers of the mask would just be all over my hands

You should find a better mask

7 minutes ago, reme leader 049 said:

You should find a better mask

I've tried 6 different styled masks, too much of a hassle, I'd rather not leave my house

11 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

I've tried 6 different styled masks, too much of a hassle, I'd rather not leave my house

What about PPE Masks? They're a lot cheaper for the box (~50 as a pack iirc) on Amazon now. 

76561198043643390.png

1 hour ago, Ben said:

What about PPE Masks? They're a lot cheaper for the box (~50 as a pack iirc) on Amazon now. 

the blue ones? yeah those were the first i tried

I've got a cousin who distributes masks, so whenever he gets a new style i try it out, if it works, i'll buy a box or two from him; haven't found one that doesnt have me out of breath from walking yet

I can see wearing masks being annoyance - but it is absolutely necessary. The only con part that annoy me with the mask is the fog on my glasses, but I don't mind having to wear the mask - especially when I am in high-risk category, so I rarely go out in town. That being said, it varies from everyone, but I don't see mask causing any trouble for me to breathe. 

Be safe, make sure to social distance once you're going out in town.

76561198043643390.png