Kim

10 year of GFL

"What is this place?" the lone traveller blurted, initially only intending for it to be a fleeting thought.

One of the robed men stepped forward—seemingly to answer the question—yet did not break off from that now familiar tune of his comrades. The low hum that reverberated through the halls felt very well-trained... and almost uncharacteristically so. Despite the dismal lighting in the hallway, the grand hallway in which they stood was obviously a testament to religious vanity. Great damascened murals lined the halls, most likely artistic renditions of a civilisation's past. Scented candles seemed to be ubiquitous in this place, as the traveller sightlessly made note of the the crisp smells.

"Ten years."

Not spoken, but understood; the robed man who had previously stepped forward refused to break tune. To do so would be sacrilege.

The traveller exhaled with a mix of shock and confusion. Speculation occupied all corners of his mind. Ten years? What does that mean? Have they been adhering to this sacred duty for a whole decade? Or was this essentially his prison sentence, doomed to be trapped here for his act of trespass?

"Ten years this civilisation has stood, traveller. A strong and mighty civilisation, wrought with every flaw and perfection."

It was then that the traveller realised that the robed man somehow communicated this to him through that same, habitual hum. Perhaps it was telepathy, or that the hum was some kind of mystical language. Despite being a shock to the traveller's mundane sensibilities, he quickly steeled himself against the extraordinary circumstances before him.

"Ten years? That's not long at all. In the grand scheme of things, I mean. This all looks... I dunno, old? Like it'd belong to--"

"Silence."

A sharp sting. The mind of the traveller was forced to falter in that moment, as the robed man sternly conveyed his disapproval of the heresy he was witnessing.

"Child," he continued, "you know nothing. We are before your time, and outside your understanding. Leave this place."

A simple wave of his hand was all that was required, for a flock of birds of all different kinds then forcibly pushed the traveller farther and farther back through the temple. Before he knew it, the traveller was back to where he started. Bemused, the traveller silently cursed his own sense of awareness—surely those birds must have been there from the beginning?

Knowledge. Great, forbidden knowledge. That was what he came here for, under a now false promise he made to himself. Frustration set in, and he kicked a stone and made his preparations to leave.

Turning back to face the so-called "holy grounds" once more, the traveller sighed.

"It doesn't matter. It's all just one big shitpost anyway."

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements