CobalshMcGee

Minecraft_B5 in the Long-Term

I'm not convinced it's the best idea for the server. I also don't know if this is the exact right place to voice that, but I figure it's got to go somewhere. Having multiple maps was one of the big draws of this server, it gave the some refreshing individuality from all of the other 24/7 B5 servers. I just think this'll probably hurt the server in the long run and I'm curious how much the community was involved in this decision.

once in a lifetime.gif

I don't think the server will have a huge increase in player base initially and will probably see lots of people who play complain as they are not used to it but there's legit no way to see how things will turn out without giving it time which for some reason people don't understand. The server was 24/7 b5 for years and did fine it thrived last year with it and at the end of the day its been like half a day since change. Give this test run a chance, its ludicrous if anyone thinks this would kill the server.

48 minutes ago, CobalshMcGee said:

Having multiple maps was one of the big draws of this server

I definitely disagree
This server was around for a long time as 24/7 MC b5 and had great population, honestly going to rotating maps it seemed that it hit max population less often, just from an outsider POV since I don't play mc anymore. Hell, anarchy was doing better than it for like a week. I can't be sure if this was the map choice or just too many competitor servers or internal issues or anything, but it definitely seemed not to be doing as well as it was before the change to map rotation, still doing alright, just not the best it had been.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

Just gotta give it time to see if it works. The player count will speak for itself and prove whether 24/7 B5 is the right choice for the server. People will always react in hostility towards changes as it's in their nature but we've just gotta test it out. If what people say about B5 is true, then the playercount will reflect that and if not, it'll only vindicate them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for bringing the rotation back I was so bored out of my mind playing on the seriousTTT server. While I don't want to go off topic this server needs alot more mods. In a fully packed server today their was no mods on other then flyingassassin.