Akris

Creating a Social Media Presence

The title explains it.  With the way this world is now everything is done through online. What is the most popular thing to do online? Social Media. Our presence is not heavy at all. We have high potential to use social media to market, and profit within the community. The first thing that SCREAMS at me is YouTube. We have a YouTube channel that is completely abandoned. The last post was around 5 years ago. 5 years! Using our PR team we could somewhat easily manage a YouTube channel.  Using the media team and PR team and our big community I believe we could make a successful YouTube channel. Next we need streamers or a streamer to stream on twitch. If we have a YouTube and a Twitch we will be able to draw in new members and maybe make more money for the community. Our Twitter account is fairly active but not really marketed to get followers. We could make a Instagram account with updates, but isn't necessary. 

~Akris

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

Posted  Edited by BlazingArson

We have an instagram, it's not used but it's there. I try to keep the twitter active but all I can really do is post announcements lol. We do have a few streamers on twitch and even an affiliated streamer role, afaik though we only have one affiliated streamer and the twitch hasnt been used in a bit. Youtube is part of the PR Team already, it just hasn't been used yet. 

I'll ping PR Team leaders since this is their teams stuff: @Salad @flamie Alexis @Infra

Edited by BlazingArson

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

Posted  Edited by Infra - Edit Reason: I gain pleasure from editing several times.

I am heading out as TL very soon, but I figured I'll reply anyway.

I am not going to lie and say our media presence is good enough, I most definitely agree with you. A problem not a lot of people think about is actually getting things moving, because to get these things moving, we need actual content - which, quite honestly, we just don't have yet. We've been trying for quite a while to find talented creators and content in the community, and whatever we have found has been put into the works: good examples of this are our open Affiliated Streamers program, and the CS:GO division's Surf YouTube channel. (Fabulous job by @Dini, by the way.)

When we revived the team, the goal was to first make whatever we had accessible - this meant making sure that our platforms are accessible and ready to be used and grown as opportunities arise. This was far from easy, as a lot of it requires programs, standards, and policies drafted up for it. We have made a lot of progress with that, but we've run into the issue where finding content creators and such to actually create good content of a certain standard is proving to be quite difficult. Of course, anyone is free to toss suggestions/offer their talents or even apply for staff and help with this, we're always looking for opportunities to expand!

Edited by Infra
I gain pleasure from editing several times.

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

2 minutes ago, Infra said:

we need actual content - which, quite honestly, we just don't have.

For a YouTube suggestion centered around content is just focused on our servers. For example (we do need to find content creators I do agree and have a editing team) we can say use our rust server to promote the server. We could make videos like "Funny Rust Moments" and make it into a somewhat comedic video. We could also easily make tutorials for new players for different servers. For example, if a player didn't know how TTT worked you could click a video (have the video linked in the MOTD) of a tutorial explaining and showing how the game-mode works and giving the basics and tips for the new player. My whole idea is centered around using our servers to make videos. We have 100+ ideas we could do with them. Funny moments, tutorials, Easter eggs, CAH with members of GFL, and a lot more.

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

If you see the PR team, a large majority of them do other stuff. They have like 3 or 4 roles and spend all their time doing that. I don't know why that is the case, but whatever. Jaded could probably set something up. 

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

So, there are a few things wrong with your statement, @TheJitFace, and I think that stems from a misunderstanding of how the team currently functions. JadedJade is currently a Member Acceptor, which is not related to the Social Media side of PR at all. Furthermore, as @Infra stated in his reply earlier, Doing all of these things is by no means an easy process that one person could accomplish. Infra and I have reached out to a few Server Managers in relation to content creation, and so far CS:GO Surf has been the only one to truly take us up on that offer, and you can see what they've done here. We began working with the Rust division on this as well, but that has been halted for now. As for the rest of our social media accounts, we are still actively working on behind the scenes. Each of the different platforms require a different medium of content, so it will all take time to establish exactly what we want to push on those platforms, but we are working on it, I promise 😄

Again, to quote Infra one more time, we are still accepting new members to the Social Media side of the team, as we are always looking for more help and new perspectives to help us tackle these things! I hope that helped give a little more insight on this, and let us know if we can expand on any of this!

Director of Divisions and Physion Unturned Division Leader

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

Posted  Edited by Joshy
1 hour ago, Akris said:

For a YouTube suggestion centered around content is just focused on our servers. For example (we do need to find content creators I do agree and have a editing team) we can say use our rust server to promote the server. We could make videos like "Funny Rust Moments" and make it into a somewhat comedic video. We could also easily make tutorials for new players for different servers. For example, if a player didn't know how TTT worked you could click a video (have the video linked in the MOTD) of a tutorial explaining and showing how the game-mode works and giving the basics and tips for the new player. My whole idea is centered around using our servers to make videos. We have 100+ ideas we could do with them. Funny moments, tutorials, Easter eggs, CAH with members of GFL, and a lot more.

This person is literally giving us gold.  I wish I could give you 100 likes.

edit:

If I were a Team Leader I would be getting some bodies on the team and starting on some of these.  It's not a promise that they will be successful, but it sure beats the (current) alternative.  Thank you very much!

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Akris
12 minutes ago, Joshy said:

This person is literally giving us gold.  I wish I could give you 100 likes.

Making me blush

I also believe you guys aren't looking at your resources. We could easily have members around GFL record on their own of them playing and send it to the media team to be edited. (I could do this with some of the GMOD servers.)

Edited by Akris

Even though I'm leaving, unsure why everyone seems to have just openly ignored what I have said. If you can find these "bodies" and "content" that these fantastic ideas need, please feel free to get them here so we can do something about it.

2 hours ago, Infra said:

We have made a lot of progress with that, but we've run into the issue where finding content creators and such to actually create good content of a certain standard is proving to be quite difficult.

Blindly claiming that nothing is being done and that we are failing to magically make content appear out of thin air is, quite frankly, insulting. We are aware that it is slow, we quite obviously just said what the issues are, whatever content (of a certain standard) we do get from our community is accepted - the two examples provided above is proof of this. If it really was as easy as it seems, it wouldn't be in this state, and there are several factors that influence these things that I am no longer interested in discussing in this thread purely because, clearly, people are willingly not going to read it and instead claim that "anything is better than the current alternative", haha. 😄

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

Posted  Edited by Akris
4 minutes ago, Infra said:

Blindly claiming that nothing is being done

I did not mean to be insulting or anything if I came off that way.

Edited by Akris

Yes, no offense intended.

I do hope that it's not taken as a personal criticism when I say I feel like our recruiting efforts into teams is not very strong and sometimes it can even have the appearance of being exclusive.  When I say appearance I mean just as it looks and not meaning that it's anything intended or caused by a person such as yourself.

When I say get bodies onto the team... I'm thinking we might need to make an actual effort to get people in and to interest them into doing these things.  It looks to me we're a little bit more passive waiting for the "right persons" to apply and join.  I can admit, that it's very possible there are things behind the scenes that I'm not seeing some manipulation or chatting to try and get people involved, but the public stuff is definitely on the very low side.

1 minute ago, Joshy said:

interest them into doing these things

Only problem is there isn't a grand reward. For example, a editor doesn't want to slave over a video for hours just to not get compensation. 

Posted  Edited by Salad

The main issues with getting people onto the team is that of reward, like Akris is hinting at. Sure, we could send out announcements and pings all day long in all of our discord servers, but if all we can provide to these people is monthly VIP, most will not agree to these terms as there will be little reward for their effort. As previously mentioned, We have reached out to the Rust Division back when Bue was the DL, and we had discussed server specific rewards for the players, and we are discussing continuing to pursue that with the new DL, Creed, however that will also take a substantial amount of time.

Similarly, we have spoken to a few select Twitch Streamers within GFL, and have gotten one of them affiliated with GFL as well (You can check out our current list of affiliates at https://gflclan.com/affiliates/). The issue with them using our Twitch account to stream is yet again, what do they gain? If they want to be successful on Twitch, they will not get that by streaming for us. This is why we established the Affiliated Streamer program, that will benefit GFL as a whole, as well as let the streamer grow their own channel. Like we've done in the past, we plan to continue using the main GFL Twitch account to stream events held by the events team, as well as server based events and competitions (We did this with the 5v5 CS:GO Tournament not long ago, with pretty great results.)

Edited by Salad

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

Just now, Salad said:

but if all we can provide to these people is monthly VIP

Do we already do this?  I feel like that would be a pretty good perk 🙂   I think an announcement every once a while might not be a bad idea too.

Posted  Edited by Salad
2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Do we already do this?  I feel like that would be a pretty good perk 🙂 

Edited by Salad

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

1 minute ago, Joshy said:

I think an announcement every once a while might not be a bad idea too.

I believe anytime a video would be released or a streamer is streaming there should be a @everyone ik some people don't like being pinged but alerting 2500+ people would be great for viewers.

Posted  Edited by Salad

@everyone pings are simply not plausible for a discord server of our size with how frequent that would be with our affiliates. We have a dedicated role, similar to the one for event pings in the Main GFL Discord, and we have plans to expand upon it with the CS:GO Surf Channel as well. 

Edited by Salad

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22

1 minute ago, Salad said:

@everyone pings are simply not plausible for a discord server of our size with how frequent that would be with our affiliates. We have a dedicated role, similar to the one for event pings in the Main GFL Discord, and we have plans to expand upon it with the CS:GO Surf Channel as well. 

Youtubers do it in there discord this way we draw more attention because most people wont give themselves a role to be pinged

Posted  Edited by Salad
23 minutes ago, Akris said:

Youtubers do it in there discord this way we draw more attention because most people wont give themselves a role to be pinged

Yes, but due to the size of our Discord server, and the nature of it, It would drive far more people away from our Discord if they are receiving an @everyone ping every time a streamer goes live. Imagine all of the GMOD Players who join our Discord server getting pinged every day for something they don't care in the slightest bit about (That being Benow, the affiliated Surf streamer we have), most of them would leave rather than get pinged numerous times about something they have no relation to. It's simply a bad decision. It's the same reason we rarely even ping @everyone or @Player unless something is on fire in the community.

also gonna move this to social media suggestions uwu

Edited by Salad

amongus_AdobeExpress.gif

xQc on GFL Surf 7/16/22