annoying furry

[Announcement] Community Representative Elections for April 2021 - Voting

Posted  Edited by Dragoon
7 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

At that point, I didn't even bother to ask anyone else.

I apologize. It was meant to be a lighthearted joke in the moment in order to stray away from the semi-serious discussion that was occurring beforehand.

Edited by Dragoon

[Signature]

Achievements

30 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I apologize. It was meant to be a lighthearted joke in the moment in order to stray away from the semi-serious discussion that was occurring beforehand.

Nah bro you good, I'm not some salty loser lol.

I was just upset by that situation because how are you going to encourage someone to apply and then refuse to sponsor them, you know? 

jitticus

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Maybe the voting hasn't progress far enough, that we can ask @Pyros or @FrenZy if maybe a very special one time exception can be made for a late addition??  It would be a really good gesture in my opinion, but I'm not sure how far along voting is and certainly their statements here aren't a promise to sponsor just anyone who asks.  If you're still interested I think it's worth a shot sending them a PM especially after it looks like a few candidates have withdrawn.  (edit) I don't know if they can make the exception or if they're willing to do that (I wouldn't want to suggest anything false or not possible).  I'm trying to be creative, but maybe we have some lessons learned for the next round.

Maybe they can use Staff feedback thread in the future to privately enter their name in as an interested candidate for CR, then the Council will have access to a pool of candidate they can signoff on as sponsors (much like looking at applications or appeals elsewhere).  I could totally see how DMing 4-5 people might be discouraging after the first one is less responsive, and I feel like for some people who have been around for a really long time I remember something odd at one point like we couldn't even DM division leaders and above (or something odd like that happened to me once or twice).

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

11 hours ago, Joshy said:

a very special one time exception can be made for a late addition??

This is tricky. Creating exceptions for one person would be negative in the long run (imo). Other people in other elections might also ask for exceptions, what justification can be used that would allow us to create a special one time exception now that won't create room for people to also ask for exceptions to future Council members?

but I'm not sure how far along voting is and certainly their statements here aren't a promise to sponsor just anyone who asks

Seeing as CRs have a major say in how GFL is ran, sponsoring anyone just for the sake of sponsoring is bad. The same way as how Admins won't sponsor everyone that ask for sponsors.

I remember something odd at one point like we couldn't even DM division leaders and above (or something odd like that happened to me once or twice).

Some roles had some odd settings. In some roles for example old Member Acceptor, you couldn't be blocked.

Maybe they can use Staff feedback thread in the future to privately enter their name in as an interested candidate for CR, then the Council will have access to a pool of candidate they can signoff on as sponsors

Anyone that is SM+ can see Staff feedback sub-forum, this would kinda of defeat the idea to privately enter.

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Might be too late.  Was just trying to be creative since one person is saying they tried to enter and had some barriers.  I suppose saying no to everything also works, but we can keep in mind for future maybe 🙂 

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Sheesh that’s a fucking statement, ladies, gentlemen and everyone else, prepare for round 1 of heated internal discussions about bias, CR elections and other things. Live from the studio here at GFL!

607704345_LachSig2.png.da1092f8afdddd17e6220848a572495f.png

Signature done by @AceOfSpadesMM 

22 hours ago, Akris said:

This shit over yet?

I believe they count votes on the 8th. (3 days lol)