Did you catch COVID-19?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever catch COVID-19?

• Yes, I tested positive.
    • No, I never tested positive.
    • I think so, but I don't know.
    • I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
    • I still don't believe in the virus.

Since the virus is so widespread I'm curious to know if some of you may have caught it.  I didn't, but my grandparents did and it looked very bad for one of them although they managed to pull through.  I took the tests often and never tested positive so I think I never caught it.  Did any of you?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I am pretty sure I had it before they realized what it was. We got shipping containers direct from china out of a port city less than 30 miles from Wuhan. Everyone that unloaded the containers, including me, came down with what they thought was just really bad bronchitis. We later learned (once covid came out into the news media) matched the covid symptoms almost exactly in both severity of symptoms and length of illness. I wanted to get the antibody test to see if I had been positive in the past. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I was unable to get an antibody test before I was able to get the vaccine I wasn't going to delay getting the vaccine and possibly miss my vaccine window just to see if I had it in the first place.

My wife and I caught it because one of her coworkers lied about being sick, we literally got positive test results on Christmas day.

Don't get me wrong, it sucked like shit, but we just had to stay home and in bed for a week. Missing Christmas sucked ass for a lot of reasons, but we didn't have to be hospitalized. Thankfully the buck stopped with us and we didn't spread it.

Lately though we've been feeling the effects of it as we're getting more active, we are still having a hard time breathing if we exert slightly too hard.

My Grandparents were a breakthrough case though after they got vaccinated, and they were angrier that they were under government surveillance than they were sick. No issues there though.

Also government surveillance meant that they got phone calls every morning and night from the health department

2 hours ago, motorsteak said:

I am pretty sure I had it before they realized what it was. We got shipping containers direct from china out of a port city less than 30 miles from Wuhan. Everyone that unloaded the containers, including me, came down with what they thought was just really bad bronchitis. We later learned (once covid came out into the news media) matched the covid symptoms almost exactly in both severity of symptoms and length of illness. I wanted to get the antibody test to see if I had been positive in the past. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts I was unable to get an antibody test before I was able to get the vaccine I wasn't going to delay getting the vaccine and possibly miss my vaccine window just to see if I had it in the first place.

The week my work sent us home it seemed like everyone was sick, but this was during a typical sick season in March so it was very hard to tell.  A lot of people were coughing aggressively.  I'm sick almost every year in March and even lose my voice without any other symptoms.  It was interesting over the video chats though seeing how many people were sick.

I was just in lockdown and stuff due to 2 Major areas that I go to had people with Covid, Thankfully no one got it. Its getting to a point where someone in a hotel who had covid broke out and ran away.

Former CWRP Admin -  / Currently CWRP - Main - Gmod - Rust Discord Mod

ozkody.gif.49c68b9495253cbfc2dbd45da4caa13c.gif

Got diagnosed with it yesterday mate. Not gonna lie, I woke up with a high fever and was fucking dying. I'm now on paracetamol 24/7, take in lots of fluids and eat lots of carbs and calories to suffice my body's needs for energy.

If you want further fun story stuff, message me on discord. It honestly feels like a regular cold personally. I theorize that the vaccine while it does protect, there are still reports of people getting COVID. While research still needs to come out for the most part people should still stay safe around others.

Delta variant is hitting my area and they say they aren’t sure if the vaccine will hold up.  88% is the number I read somewhere, but if everything is opening up (it is here) and they don’t strictly require people to prove they have the vaccine…. that seems like high risk to me. I’ve been especially concerned because even before COVID people are cautious of it when they have a newborn, but now they’re practically acting like things were better than before and I should take risks.  I don’t agree.  I still mask up and limit my interactions with others; maintain distance and treat them like radiation.

7 hours ago, Joshy said:

Delta variant is hitting my area and they say they aren’t sure if the vaccine will hold up.  88% is the number I read somewhere, but if everything is opening up (it is here) and they don’t strictly require people to prove they have the vaccine…. that seems like high risk to me. I’ve been especially concerned because even before COVID people are cautious of it when they have a newborn, but now they’re practically acting like things were better than before and I should take risks.  I don’t agree.  I still mask up and limit my interactions with others; maintain distance and treat them like radiation.

As you should mate. I could have not taken the test and still taken a plane to go see my parents but since I got diagnosed, for at least 14 days I ain't leaving the house for the greater good. Especially for a newborn with a weak immune system it might be even more dangerous.

I most likely got the Delta variant but until I do an antibody test I ain't sure. Last thing to add is that this shit will continue happening over and over again. Cases fall, restrictions are lifted, people go outside, one individual spreads it among us and we all end up having it, cases rise up, restrictions are put in place, cases fall and there's the endless cycle.

Posted  Edited by Jamesistaken - Edit Reason: Just for a sake of edit we we're getting called LOL

I caught it before, when it was near April vacation for me, My mom tested positive, we had too quarantine for 14 days or 7, my brother was the next one, he got it after my mother, he had it also nearly worse like my mom, she had it the worst of everyone.

My younger sister got it too, she was kinda sick and had a bad temp, then my step father had it, he got tested in the same day he had a positive, but he was asymptomatic, lastly was me, I was asymptomatic and tested too for positive, then I was back on track. But here's the thing, everyone had it in my family (Both except my biological dad's side) had it, except my young sister who's a twin of my other sister. Strange huh?

Edit: Also we my mom was getting called by MASS Gov for the status of covid, was annoying.)

Edited by Jamesistaken
Just for a sake of edit we we're getting called LOL

Heavy