BestKevin

BestKevin's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Kevin#6682

Why were you banned?: Supposedly circumventing rules, quote blow.

Why should you be unbanned?

"Infra: When restrictions are placed on a channel by the mod team, let alone a Director, I think its pretty much common sense that trying to circumvent it is not the smartest idea. Additionally, encouraging people to do stuff like that and offering to facilitate this is a pretty obvious no-no, I don't think anyone disagrees when I say that the outcome of this is obvious.

I'll unban you, but keep you muted for 2 weeks."

There was no circumventing, like I said stickers were allowed and custom stickers are a thing, if there was a want/need to prevent all posting of images/gifs then stickers should have been explicitly blocked or people should be told not to use them.

I was not there for any of the blocking of GIFs, I was not even home. I came back and stickers were still working, I had no warnings to stop, no one talked to me at all, I was just randomly banned after suggesting making custom stickers.

Thanks,
Best Kevin.

I suppose I will add on to clarify further, if stickers were allowed (people using them, staff using them) why would custom stickers not be allowed?

When restrictions are placed on a channel by the mod team, let alone a Director, I think its pretty much common sense that trying to circumvent it is not the smartest idea. Additionally, encouraging people to do stuff like that and offering to facilitate this is a pretty obvious no-no, I don't think anyone disagrees when I say that the outcome of this is obvious.

1 hour ago, BestKevin said:

Supposedly circumventing rules

image.png.b483f442f97a82b16deb4a1815c44a86.png

There was no circumventing

I was just randomly banned after suggesting making custom stickers.

kevinsaidwhatnow.png.6ef8199f724b0c4fb84d7a98803fcd05.png

Well, I dunno fam. I think a 2 week mute is fair, but if @Ben disagrees, he can undo it. Thanks for the appeal!

:infra:

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

Posted  Edited by BestKevin - Edit Reason: Clarification image before going to bed

So you are saying that stickers are banned but that was never stated?  Why would a custom sticker be banned if other server's stickers are not banned?  Me saying the word loophole doesn't make it one.  The stickers were never expressed to be banned by a director, or by you, or by Ben, or any other staff.

Next time I will slap a /s or a winking face on there to show it's a joke since it seems that was necessary in this situation.  Unfortunate I was not even asked about this situation and instantly got perma'd and now a 2 week mute (pretty much a 2 week ban) is shown as mercy.

EDIT: I don't think quoting the word loophole answered anything in my appeal in terms of stickers being banned, they are much smaller than GIFs as well, maybe if I actually made one and it was against a rule of some sort I would understand this better.  Stickers are still enabled as I type this appeal so I am assuming they would be fine to be used.

Screenshot_20210718-041523_Discord.jpg

Adding this in, not really to show public opinion but because good points were brought up, and it's an example of stickers still being used.

Edited by BestKevin
Clarification image before going to bed

I think it’s very clear in the evidence that you did something wrong.  A moderator (the director) disabled gifs in the channel and you purposefully interfere with the moderation by offering a loophole.

There are lots of things that are not literally spelled out in the rules, but we can read in between the lines.  Say for example if we had a rule that the word Joshy is not allowed and someone uses something like J0shee in the same context, then we’re going to figure out what’s going on even if J0shee is otherwise okay in another context.  It’s obvious.  This was obvious too, but in your case it was between gifs and stickers.

Your use of the word loophole is self-incriminating, which is why Infra is pointing it out.

Now that it’s clear that you did something wrong I think the only thing that remains is the punishment.  I do agree a permanent ban is excessive if you have a relatively clean history, but something temporary like a 2 week mute or ban seems reasonable to me.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

• Ben locked this topic