Leks

[27/12] Carrie Fisher dies at 60

She had a heart attack and went quite a bit longer than 20 minutes without any medical assistance. She was bound to bite it sooner or later given the MASSIVE amount of Coke she did as a young woman. 

4 minutes ago, Cypher said:

She had a heart attack and went quite a bit longer than 20 minutes without any medical assistance. She was bound to bite it sooner or later given the MASSIVE amount of Coke she did as a young woman. 

Yeah.

Sometimes there's just too much damage for your body to recover from. 

Remember, don't do drugs kids.

"Be good people"

The only "good" news of this is that she died rather than survived. There are fates worse than death. On the plane it is said she had no oxygen circulating for 10 mins. Therefore no oxygen to the head. You are basically coming out of that with some sort of brain death at that point. Permanent paralysis to impaired cognitive abilities to name a few.  =/ Hopefully Disney doesn't do something retarded in Star Wars due to the recent turn of events.

True about drugs too. George Michael @ 53 as well is too young to die in this day and age. You may feel good after kicking the habit but the damage is done.

This year was the shittest year for everyone and on a personal level. On black Friday I had to comfort my cousins' family after my aunt died on the older one's birthday. Then there was the layoffs at work in October due to events that started back in March. The days leading to during and after the election was filled with bitter autism I could only hope America would find it in itself to bury. I knew it was gonna be a bad year in general when I lost out on life changing opportunity in January. Also 2015 was the best year I had to date. Nowhere but down to go. There is hope though. With such a low year, hopefully 2017 won't be bad. I do good on odd years vs even ones it seems (2014 sucked hard for me).

To a galaxy far far away.....

Rest in Peace Carrie

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

6 hours ago, JerryHatTrick said:

Now her mom has died.

Can 2016 end already?!?

"The stress of losing her daughter was partly responsible". - Todd Fisher

Sad and ya I agree end this year already. I'm down with a sinus infection due to the xmas party I attended.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

"GAH 2016 STOP TAKING AWAY SO MANY PEOPLE!!!!>:((((" – everyone, 2016 [colourised]

Seriously, we get it. She died. You'll forget about it in a week so stop being dramatic about it, even if she was an actor in a series of well-known films. Rest in peace either way, as is respectful.

Aufstand

1 minute ago, jer said:

"GAH 2016 STOP TAKING AWAY SO MANY PEOPLE!!!!>:((((" – everyone, 2016 [colourised]

Seriously, we get it. She died. You'll forget about it in a week so stop being dramatic about it, even if she was an actor in a series of well-known films. Rest in peace either way, as is respectful.

It's just been a headache of a year.

People just want it to end so they can have a symbolic new start (2017). People are being a little overdramatic but that's human nature.

Also, considering that we have a bunch of new star wars films coming out in the next few years, I don't think that people will just "forget about it in a week". And some people might have just liked her as a person and are saddened to see her die. Personally, I still remember the day that David Bowie died despite it having happened several months ago. So while others will forget in a week, there are still those that won't. Anyway, no need to be such a negative nancy.

"Be good people"

1 minute ago, Major_Push said:

It's just been a headache of a year.

People just want it to end so they can have a symbolic new start (2017). People are being a little overdramatic but that's human nature.

Also, considering that we have a bunch of new star wars films coming out in the next few years, I don't think that people will just "forget about it in a week". And some people might have just liked her as a person and are saddened to see her die. Personally, I still remember the day that David Bowie died despite it having happened several months ago. So while others will forget in a week, there are still those that won't. Anyway, no need to be such a negative nancy.

Guess I never really liked Star Wars. :^)

Aufstand