He's legal, that's all that matters.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Although I have known, I had previously thought he was older.  This goes to show that your maturity doesn't have to match or infer your age, and Roy has made a great example of this!  I hope it may inspire a few of our younger members to explore our leadership opportunities, and for our current leadership members to overlook someone's age in our many decisions and applications if someone is showing promise.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

3 hours ago, Joshy said:

Although I have known, I had previously thought he was older.  This goes to show that your maturity doesn't have to match or infer your age, and Roy has made a great example of this!  I hope it may inspire a few of our younger members to explore our leadership opportunities, and for our current leadership members to overlook someone's age in our many decisions and applications if someone is showing promise.

Well said Joshy!

I am also surprised at how young some of the people I know on GFL are. It makes me a bit proud. As someone on the younger side of GFL, it brings me a sense of pride knowing that young people can make a big impact on GFL as a whole, as Roy has clearly done again and again. It's also awesome to see those older members respect the younger members, and not have their judgements and feelings be based on age, although there may be a few who do.

All in all, Roy is young and that is cool, because with youth comes innovation! (Not to say older people can't be innovative xP)

Posted  Edited by MrManslayerX

Figure I'll throw in my 2-cents here...

Age truly is only a number, especially in the way of what people are capable of in the way of maturity and overall ability. I feel it's okay if I make a list of experience from myself here, since these communities are now gone.
About... 7-8 years ago, when I was 12/13, (I'm 20 and a half, for reference) I was co-owner of a gaming community called Gamer's Insanity on CS 1.6. We were a very successful community that had activity on par with GFL's servers, we had several servers, and I was well liked by most players, and was an effective admin our servers, even despite me being a squeaker :P
5-6ish years ago, I was a senior officer in the clan Army of Death. This was a CS:S clan, and we were vastly popular, one of our servers even reached #1 on CS:S's server boards. People could always look to me for server advice, ideas, help, any of the above.

Somewhere just after AoD died, I was a senior admin on WC3 Tech game community, which panned out pretty similarly to AoD.

I was a part of GFL for... If I had to guess, roughly 5 years now, but only a member for about 2-3 years. I became an admin for the server that I now manage roughly... 1-2 years ago? Somewhere in there.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that it doesn't matter how young you are, all people are capable of great things. There are very nice people in GFL here that are younger than myself and are in server management, and we have a lot of respectable and capable younger server admins too.

That said, I didn't realize exactly how young you were, Roy, and you have much respect from me for pulling off a massive ordeal like founding and running GFL. This only goes to prove my point even further.

Edited by MrManslayerX