Effective date: July 07, 2019
GFLClan ("us", "we", or "our") runs a gaming community which operates three main services: game services, communication services and web services. In this document, these three main services and their subsidiaries are referred to as “Service”. While running the Service we process personal data about our users to improve their gaming and user experience.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and take this responsibility very seriously, as to why we have safeguarding in place for it. This notice outlines what data we collect, how we may use it, how we protect your data and your rights, and how you can exercise those rights.
We regularly check this notice to ensure we provide you with the most up-to-date information regarding our data processing activities. We strongly advise you to read it from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes that might be made.
We do not process any money ourselves, nor do we offer any jobs.
We collect several different types of personal data for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include, but is not limited to information such as:
- Your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address)
- Your browser type and browser version
- The parts of our Service that you visit
- The time and date of your visit
- The time spent on our Service
- Unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data
We collect data on your account once you sign up to our Service, this data may include but is not limited to:
- Your username
- Your e-mail address
- Your hashed password
- Other information provided to our Service by you via forms, conversations, etc.
This is data you may provide to our Service after creating an account. This data includes but includes but is not limited to:
- Your birthdate
- Your “about me” section
- Your sex
- Other information provided to our Service by you via forms, conversations, etc.
We may collect data on your posts, messages and content published to our Service. This includes any type of data you provide to the Service or as a part of communication with others.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service for example:
- For us to recognise you.
Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies for several reasons, including:
- To remember your notification preferences.
- To remember your integrated account preferences.
- For you to decide how you want to use several aspects of our Service.
Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes, including:
- Keeping your information away from unauthorised sources.
GFLClan uses the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We store your data for as long as needed for our Services or as long as applicable laws require. You may edit your own profile data, and, you have rights (listed in the Rights section of this document) related to data retention.
GFLClan may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of GFLClan
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Staff at all levels in GFL have access to varying levels of data. They all only have the bare minimum required to fulfil their respective role(s) in Services.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
We need a lawful basis to collect and use your personal data under the data protection law. The law allows for six ways, of which we do four.
1. With a person’s consent. (for example, consent to have your Account Data processed is given once you sign up to our Service)
2. Under a contractual relationship (for example, to provide you with goods or services if you purchase anything from us)
3. If it is required by law (for example, if we must process your information without consent for legal bodies)
4. For our legitimate interests (for example, for responding to inquires)
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
You have many rights under data protection legislation, which include:
You have the right to know what information we hold about you and to ask to see your records that we hold. We will supply any information that you ask for that we hold about you as soon as possible once requested, to request this, contact us via some means in the “Contact Us” section below. This may take up to 30 days. You will be asked for proof of identity and perhaps other proof that the information is yours, via e-mail confirmation for example.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time from us processing your personal data in certain ways, such as sending you emails. To do this, please get in touch with us using the details in the “Contact us” section.
You have the right to be informed of how your personal data will be used. This policy along with any information/notice that is provided to you via the Service is intended to fulfil this
In some cases, you have the right to be forgotten (i.e to have your personal data removed from our database). We will keep your preferences in relation to opting out of emails and such from our Service, however.
If you believe our records are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records concerning you to be updated. In most cases, you may update them yourself via our Service. To update your records, please get in touch with us using the details in the “Contact us” section.
You have the right for your personal data to be transferred upon request.
In certain situations, you have the right to ask for the processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage
You have the right to object to us processing personal data where we're relying on it for direct marketing.