First of all: Hi, I'm Anna/Princess.
Most of you guys probably dont know me, unless weve met on 1v1 server or via another community.
I make and port maps in my free time, and although ive been busy this year my biggest project yet is just about done:
My remake of TTT_Minecraft_B5:
This has been a long time in the making, and even from the
screenshot above some things have changed / been added.
The point of this post is to get feedback on the changes ive made.
I wanted to update the map, revamp it, remake it - but
without changing the things people loved about it TOO much
That being said, here is a list of features / changes in the map, and some more screenshots
Features / changes:
- (Obviously) redone visuals with prettier textures
- New pathways and areas added
- More entry points to the nether added so its less cluttered and campy
- Weapon chests that equip guns into your hands by pressing E
- Four driveable boats! You press E to hop in, then zoom around on them. Jump to pop out.
- Completely redone nether! Now has (harmless) mobs, soulsand, and more features.
- Added flowers and made the island feel more "lived in" (lol ik its minecraft shut up)
- Added flying hot air baloon that loops the island at a semi-slow pace.
- Added a bouncy mushroom (trampoline) that players can jump on (and T's can snipe at)
- Fish AI. Literally I added fish. If you shoot they try to swim away, and yes you can kill them.
- Added several locations with small gameplay changers like the
occasional healthshot, or a secret hidden gun.
- Totally redid the lighthouse. No longer a clusterfuck mess of ladder and
cramped floors, has multiple ways to get to the top.
- Improved FPS of the entire map. Im not sure how the original
map even ran, it had 0 optimization done to it?
- The original map had an "endgame event" that would give
the innocents the win. I brought it back in a new and different way.
*Some people think this would make it too easy for innocents, but there are 16 hidden ender eyes
the innocents have to find, and T's can also use them for easy kills. Give me your thoughts.
Well yeah thats about all the changes i can think of off the top of my head,
so one last thing before more pics!
* Do you want Traitor Traps or not? *
Currently there is only 1 small trap that is very situational.
I didnt want to change the map too much by adding too many,
but most players seem to like them on my other maps.
The chests that you open with E, then hit E on the
contents to equip the gun with your skin on it.
One of the 4 driveable boats. They are faster than swimming,
you can shoot while steering them, but also be hurt by others while driving them.
(move with WASD, look and shoot with mouse)
This is a feature i wish more maps had.
Back in GMOD there was a flare gun for use on dead bodies,
burning them and hiding a kill a T had just done.
This cauldron in the witches cave hides any bodies you
throw down it, in a similar fashion as the flare gun.
This was something I added but wasnt sure if people would think was fun or would hate.
Whenever someone hits E on the book, it will spin and flip its pages upwards, launching anyone inside the space up in the air. Currently, they can die when they land.
Directly above the book and invisible, is a healthshot floating in the air pretty high up.
Should I make fall damage from the book's "magic" sending
people up in the air be fatal or do 0 damage?
I think thats about it. I'll enjoy reading your feedback before i finalize and release the map.