Bae

[VOTING] Art of the Month: January

AOTM Voting  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who's artwork was the best in your opinion?

• rapperdan
    • CatieSai
    • Bae
    • OGB4LIFE
    • Faex
    • Finnick

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted  Edited by Bae

ART OF THE MONTH: JANUARY

Brought to you by the GFL GFX Team

Welcome to the first Art of the Month (AOTM) contest. If you need to read over the rules and guidelines, refer to this thread:

The theme of this month is LANDSCAPE.  Below will be the images submitted along with the person's name and description:

299b992affc2e6a991031621483df834.jpg

Name: @rapperdan

Description: I call it my backyard rock.

john_3_16_by_catie_sai-date2yi.jpg

Name: @CatieSai

Description: I mainly did this at a friend's request, but I use this as my computer's background. I love it.  (...I hope biblical verses are allowed.)

Tools of the Trade: Usual Wacom tablet and Manga Studio. Nothing out of the ordinary

06.PNG

Name: @Bae

Description:  I took this picture on my phone with Noah Camera Google App. It has cool filters. I took this last summer, I believe with my family. We went to the botanic garden in Colorado*. We... We uh went to this place while we were drunk and high from weed candy and beer from the night before xD. 

AOTM%20JAN.png

Name: @OGB4LIFE

Description:  I took this with my old Xperia Z3 back in 2015 during my High Adventure Trip with my Boy Scout troop. It's a picture of the lower falls at the Yellowstone National Park, on the overlook where you have to climb a shit ton of stairs to get to.

DSC_0036.JPG

Name: @Faex

Description:  I took this with my old Xperia Z3 back in 2015 during my High Adventure Trip with my Boy Scout troop. It's a picture of the lower falls at the Yellowstone National Park, on the overlook where you have to climb a shit ton of stairs to get to.

eedfdb49384f140cc593d174266b72d9.png

Name: @Finnick

Description:  Nigga I love space, and so should you :pogchamp:

This poll will lock on Feb. 7. and the winner will be announced the following day. Good luck to the few that entered!

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

@upin I'm sorry, if you can't read this is a voting thread & your art does not fit our theme. Sorry, but the submission for art of January is over. You can submit for February if your art fits the theme, which is currently being discussed.

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by upin
2 minutes ago, Bae said:

@upin I'm sorry, if you can't read this is a voting thread & your art does not fit our theme. 

What is the theme?

Plus I seen others posting so I posted as well.

Edited by upin

Posted  Edited by Faex
7 minutes ago, upin said:

Does mine count????

IMG_1818 (2).JPG

That's a very nice drawing but please refer to these topics

You're free to create your own thread for your art, like many others. 

Edited by Faex

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

I'm not sure if we are allowed to vote on our own or for other people, so I'll wait until I get a response out of that. Regardless, I'll try and critique everyone's submission. Please know I'm just some 16-year-old kid on the internet who has taken the same art class since 7th grade, and I have little to no experience with photography, only painting and drawing.

@rapperdan It's alright I guess, you've got nice composition and all that. Not much I can really say.

@CatieSai I feel like it's way too simple for me, there's not much form, cast shadows, or any of that kind of jazz, and the watermark kind of throws me off a bit. Other than that, I feel like it's a good beginners start towards drawing on a tablet or any other form of computer drawing you do.

@Bae That shit is looking fine, like goddamn. I really appreciate how clear and focused it is on the center piece. The only thing is that it's a bit bright, but that's really a minor issue.

@OGB4LIFE That's also looking pretty good, really digging the depth of field you don't really see the people.

@Faex Oh jeez wow that is the best photograph I have ever seen just wow I think that one should win :lenny:

@Finnick I really, really like that background you got there, how it all blends and shit. The only thing I see as a negative is how simple the planets are, but other than that, it's looking pretty good. It reminds me of a small comic creator called Chez, you should check out his iFunny account.

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

@Faex It would be nice if you don't vote on yourself. As for my artwork, we went there early in the morning, so that is why it's bright. If I were to take it without the filter, it'll be even more brighter, so I chose a filter that was a bit darker. But thank you for your compliment.

I voted ogb4life. I didn't know who to choose between ogb and rapperdan. But I had a strong feeling rapperdan had more votes xD

Edited by Bae

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Finnick

I voted for @Bae

The landscape was really nice and the natural colours blended so nice in the bright sky.

Personal Critiques on the others:

@rapperdan - Your piece was okay, I feel as if it was quite bland but I won't say it was garbage. Nature is beautiful...(sometimes)

@CatieSai - I have to say, It wasn't really "big" on landscape, it was just a tiny bit of a grasspatch with a tree. Now, you'd probably compare mine because mine had a dead tree with a piece of our destroyed earth floating aimlessly in space, but my piece had space. It had planets, and stars and different effects on certain things. It wasn't terrible. I do think you should try and experiment because mistakes are non-existent. Like Bob Ross says: "We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents"

@OGB4LIFE - a bit of the same as Catie. It didn't really have LAND scape. It had a building, sure it looked nice In my opinion. But I don't believe it didn't really fit too well for the theme of it just being a building. (sure if you want to add the blue sky as "landscape" go right for it.

@Faex - I have never been places that are as beautiful as a waterfall. I really do like the rough terrain and enjoy how peaceful it looks.

@Finnick - you are absolutely fucking handsome but your artwork was fucking trash kill yourself before it's too late.

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

I'm voting for Finnick. I love space therefore it's dope.

my hobo banner.png 

(Credits go to me ^)

my banner by mary.png

(Credits go to @Mary)

5985565e42cd3_Hobobanner.thumb.png.1b7ad0f167fef63fc942ee13765c35e3.png

(Credits go to me ^)

Maybe I should've gone with this one insteadDSC_0029.thumb.JPG.7333cc8dbd7a6ac7fad12ed8d8f51354.JPG

Oh well, guess it's too late to anything about it. 

2014 - 2020

Former Global Admin

Achievements

• queue unpinned and locked this topic