Ch3TaH

Nomination System

As I was writing my physics exam today I thought somehow about the Nomination System.

I think the nomination system as it workes now is bad since most of the time all nomination are gone after 1st round of the map, where most of the new ppl have to dl the map first, so they can not nominate anything. Furthermore, there are only about 10 ppl nominating only their favorite maps. Therefore the game experience decreases because there is actually a set of around 20maps which are played and many which arent or only once a month or so. Im not playing everyday and not for very long but those are the things I found disturbing about the nomination system.

Maybe a simple option at each vote for a random map (not ze_random) might help this. What do you guys think about this? And is the nomination system as it is now so implemented that you guys see it as perfect?

On 2/3/2017 at 3:48 AM, Ch3TaH said:

As I was writing my physics exam today I thought somehow about the Nomination System.

I think the nomination system as it workes now is bad since most of the time all nomination are gone after 1st round of the map, where most of the new ppl have to dl the map first, so they can not nominate anything. Furthermore, there are only about 10 ppl nominating only their favorite maps. Therefore the game experience decreases because there is actually a set of around 20maps which are played and many which arent or only once a month or so. Im not playing everyday and not for very long but those are the things I found disturbing about the nomination system.

Maybe a simple option at each vote for a random map (not ze_random) might help this. What do you guys think about this? And is the nomination system as it is now so implemented that you guys see it as perfect?

The system is not perfect, but either way players will always try to get their maps in so any attempt to remove that power or change it would most likely be futile, the most we could do would be a nomination list plugins which shows what maps have been nominated.

Achievements

We can have a compromise between having random maps and nominated maps. Have the first 2 maps be a randomly assigned map by the server, and the last 3 maps be nominated maps. The order of the maps during the voting phase is important too. Since newer players that are unfamiliar with maps would normally vote for the lower numbers (it's easier to press). For example: 

1. No vote

2-3. Random maps

4-6. Nominated maps

7. Extend current map

We should definitely test this out for a week, and if the response is good then :happytree:

2 hours ago, mjong99 said:

We can have a compromise between having random maps and nominated maps. Have the first 2 maps be a randomly assigned map by the server, and the last 3 maps be nominated maps. The order of the maps during the voting phase is important too. Since newer players that are unfamiliar with maps would normally vote for the lower numbers (it's easier to press). For example: 

1. No vote

2-3. Random maps

4-6. Nominated maps

7. Extend current map

We should definitely test this out for a week, and if the response is good then :happytree:

So instead of the first 5 people in the server big congrats to the first 3 on your nominations.

2 hours ago, DUSTY said:

So instead of the first 5 people in the server big congrats to the first 3 on your nominations.

I did mention that it's a compromise, surely it's better than what we have currently. Furthermore, fixing nominated maps to the bottom of the vote list will reduce chances of it getting picked.

I'm not against the idea of totally removing nominations, but doing so will be a drastic change. Why not try something like what I suggested and see how it goes? 

Dusty's zero nomination day surely would be nice right now. I see pidaras/pirates/wanderers/random/icecap and who knows how many other overplayed maps get nominated each game. Of course I myself have a list of my favorite maps to my binds ( mako, crazy escape, alcaria, gris ) but I also nominate a few underrated maps like exorath/interception/chemical depot/hidden temple and so on ... to keep things interesting. It's time to move away from overplayed map and actually play like over 40 maps that is rarely played ever

1 hour ago, Shiki said:

Dusty's zero nomination day surely would be nice right now. I see pidaras/pirates/wanderers/random/icecap and who knows how many other overplayed maps get nominated each game. Of course I myself have a list of my favorite maps to my binds ( mako, crazy escape, alcaria, gris ) but I also nominate a few underrated maps like exorath/interception/chemical depot/hidden temple and so on ... to keep things interesting. It's time to move away from overplayed map and actually play like over 40 maps that is rarely played ever

Zero nominations day has been decided, and it'll come soon