queue

General Political Discussion Thread

Posted  Edited by Major_Push
5 hours ago, qDogg said:
  Hide contents

- I never claimed that three million Hillary voters were necessarily illegal immigrants. I just said it is possible. There are roughly eleven million illegal immigrants estimated to be living in the US. I do not know how that eleven million would be broken up in terms of age or other factors, but I believe that there was at least some number of that eleven million that managed to vote, regardless of its overall effect on the election. It is not entirely solid evidence, but you can look at known sanctuary cities for illegal immigrants on a map broken down into individual counties and labeled blue/red based upon who they voted for and see that many of which were blue surrounded by red. They themselves are not the only people capable of voter fraud seen here in Michigan. It is just as likely that a number of people voted twice or more for Hillary to increase her odds of winning. While it is entirely possible for Trump supporters to do the same you may argue, I find it highly unlikely. As I said, we will find out the specifics if Trump follows through with his investigation.

- - I already gave my stance on the wall and how I do not necessarily believe that a physical wall is the most economical decision. Regardless, it will still protect us from illegal immigration to some extent. Wall or not, they will find ways in, but it will be able to keep out a number of them.

- The illegal immigration situation is a legitimate threat, regardless of how small or large it is. Denying that it is a problem is arrogant. While the solution proposed to that problem may not be the best, it is better than people like Obama endorsing illegal immigration and allowing unknown figures just walk into our country. While it hurts relations between the countries, being ignorant of a threat of security is worse off for both countries. If I am not mistaken, Mexico knows this first hand as well because I believe they are witnessing a similar problem with people from Central America. Until they can hold up their own protection of the border, we will step in and deal with it. Whether Mexico is a neighbor and ally or not, it does not mean they can harm us without consequences. Lastly, I did not endorse bullying Mexico. I just said we could do it without direct repercussion. All of the actions I do endorse are simply business and nothing more.

Like I said, if it were a Muslim ban, regions like Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Turkey, and Egypt would be on the ban list as well since they all have +80% Muslim population and +70 million Muslims each. You would think that if they truly wanted the Muslim population of the world kept out of the US, they would not want people from those countries to be able to come in. The countries Obama himself put on the list are known countries that endorse terrorist acts and are a security threat. Regardless of what "it was supposed to be", that is what it turned out to be. The temporary ban is for the better to keep Muslim ISIS sympathizers out. They have already killed more people in this country than anyone would like. 

- I never claimed he was a genius. I do not follow Trump blindly. I understand he has flaws just as every other person on the planet has. For example, he uses the wrong economic school of thought in my opinion (Keynesian rather than Austrian). I simply said that people think he has the intelligence of a buffoon but in reality that is not the case, regardless of the weird conspiracies he may or may not believe in. Since climate change has been a reoccurring topic mentioned, I guess I can give my thoughts about it. I will not deny that climate change is real. I simply believe that we do not have the technology to combat it entirely at the moment. For example, I believe you or someone else mentioned something about our dependence on fossil fuels and all of that. Fossil fuels are cheap and effective regardless of what you may believe. The energy produced by fossil fuels exceed any energy produced by renewable resources (solar, wind, etc.). The technology just is not there at the moment. There is no way we can produce enough energy from other means to keep up with the US's demand. In the next four to eight years, I truly doubt that it will be there either meaning Trump can burn all the fossil fuels he wants in the meantime for all I care. However, I would like Trump to invest money into renewable technology research so we are not relying on fossil fuels for the next thirty years (not replace current plants with solar/wind). Nuclear is a viable option if done correctly and people were not so afraid of it. Overall, complaining about Trump's lack of care about the climate is pointless in my opinion. There are plenty of other actions to complain about that are more "harmful." 

I will add this in too since I like Sargon:

I mean it's also possible that Trump's an alien from mars. But just because something's possible doesn't mean that it's likely. And considering the fact that the number of fraudulent votes cast to make Hillary win over Trump would have to be almost three million, I don't think that it's that likely. But w/e, we can wait until we get some actual numbers from an investigation.

I don't think that the wall is worth the cost. But w/e, that's subjective I guess and I don't feel like arguing over it. If you don't think paying billions to keep some Mexicans out is a stupid idea then there's not much I can say to make you think it's a stupid idea.

Is illegal immigration a problem and potentially dangerous? Yeah. Is it such a large problem that we should spend billions of dollars? No. 

So you don't think that intent matters? The intent is to ban muslims and this is just the way they were able to do it. Not to mention that he didn't ban immigration from Saudi Arabia which is actually a place that terrorists come from who do damage to our country. One would think that Trump would remember 9/11.

There are not that many more harmful actions than the climate change stance he and his team are holding. Climate change will fuck over this planet and if we don't actually plan on exploring other planets then we're fucking over the only home that we have. It's dangerous and ridiculous. And sure, we might not have the tech to completely get off of fossil fuels and onto renewables, but that doesn't mean that you should deny climate change and say that you're going to help keep coal jobs despite the fact that they're on the way out. Hopefully he helps renewables and doesn't try to harm them in favor of fossil fuels. 

Sargon is a smug fuck btw. He's one of the most annoying people on Youtube. Please just tl;dr the video for me. He's an annoying fuck that I'm not giving my time to. I couldn't even get past the 2:05 mark. The funny thing is that I do agree with him that the headline is absurd and honestly is poor journalism. But Sargon is just such an annoying asshole. He does the same shit that a lot of political commentary people do, which is just say some stuff softly AND THEN GET REALLY LOUD TO DRIVE THE POINT HOME AND HAVE NO ONE BEING ABLE TO SAY ANY COUNTERPOINTS SO THEN IT SEEMS LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT. It's annoying when John Oliver does it, it's annoying when Colbert does it, it's annoying when O' Reilly does it. And it's especially annoying when a prick like Sargon does it. So please, tl;dr the video for me. Because while I don't want to listen to him. I'll listen to what he has to say. The insufferable prick.

P.S. I hate Sargon. I think he's a smug fuck who screams loudly to make himself seem right. The dude's cancerous as fuck and acts like he's superior to everyone else. It's annoying as fuck. It's really a damn shame since I do agree with him on a few things from when I get a passing glance at some of his videos. He's just an insufferable prick who I would never like to meet in real life. He'd just be too fucking annoying and too fucking holier than though. So yeah, I hate the guy. His personality is absurd. A fucking smug caricature of a person. And like I said, the problem I have with him isn't even in the content. It's in the personality. So please tl;dw the video because I can't get through it without being annoyed by his presentation. Why he has a following me while being so annoying is beyond me.

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

On 2/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, Shuruia said:

Not surprised. The swaths of the regressive left and regretful Trump voters need to stop crying. Destruction of healthcare plans, agency gag orders, and national/religious vetting were all things that Trump said he'd do. No use crying over them now since this is what Americans apparently want.

I think most people need to stop crying. I've stopped watching and reading the news since most of it is all either fake or just heavily modified so I don't know if people are still 'protesting' or not. But damn this has gone on long enough. 

I'm a person who likes to help out.

Youtube | Anime List | Twitch

12 minutes ago, Scoin0 said:

I think most people need to stop crying. I've stopped watching and reading the news since most of it is all either fake or just heavily modified so I don't know if people are still 'protesting' or not. But damn this has gone on long enough. 

People can protest as long as they want.

The president of the United States spent several years crying over the legitimacy of our last president simply because he was black.

People are 'crying' about this president because he's proven to be an idiot and destructive to the country (Betsy Devos as SoE) since being inaugurated. Not to mention the fact that the majority of voters didn't want him by a 3,000,000 person margin. So yeah, people have a reason to keep complaining about Trump being president.

Back on topic: Can someone please tell me how Betsy Devos being picked as the secretary of education is a smart decision and not just a sign of blatant corruption?

"Be good people"

Posted  Edited by CheapTactic

The protests aren't peaceful anymore by any means, I just wait till those spoiled cowards will walk in the wrong area and will get massacred by the masses, a good riddance that will be.

Trump is much more better than a liberal traitor president like Obama, who caused more chaos in the middle east, and backstabbed Ukraine,Saudi Arabia, and Israel, and those are just the ones I could count.

Trump never went and broke stores, nor did his supporters when a black president was in the house, he complained, and people protested against Obama, which is what expected, but this time its outright silencing and violence against Trump supporters and even calls to assassinate the elect president(which by the way, not his fault, the majority in different large states chose him, while in a few small ones he wasn't chosen, so they can suck it with their sudden disliking of the American Elections).

If all of this was done by the "wrong" side, the media would have a rave on them and portray the entire side as evil,barbaric and anti democrapic, oh wait, they already do that.

Trump is not the best nor the smartest, but he is much better than Hillary. 

One problem I have with his election, its the religious pandering that is involved with him, since he was elected. 

Edited by CheapTactic

02-416x277.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by JerryBomb

*Sigh 

Everyone hates Trump, yet they don't look how bad the country would turn out if we had an old criminal hag in the White House. I don't care about having a 'First Lady" either. She wasn't a lady anyways.

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Major_Push
On 2/24/2017 at 5:30 AM, JerryBomb said:

*Sigh 

Everyone hates Trump, yet they don't look how bad the country would turn out if we had an old criminal hag in the White House. I don't care about having a 'First Lady" either. She wasn't a lady anyways.

I'll respond to you first because it'll be easier.

I'd much rather have Hillary clinton who is quite clearly a corrupt politician over the dumbass that is Trump.

Trump's Steve Bannon's puppet right now which is frightening considering the fact that Steve Bannon is an extreme alt-right asshole. Not to mention the fact that Trump may or may not be a Russian puppet who is being black mailed by Russia.

Not even mentioning the fact that the secretary of education is somehow one of the most unqualified people possible. The woman is so unfit for the job that it's not even laughable and is quite frightening at this point.

In addition to that, you have all of these scandals going on in his administration due to all of the Russian ties. (Michael Flynn for one)

Then you have the fact that they've straight up started making their own "alternative facts" like the attacks in Bowling Green and in Sweden. Then you have them pretty much trying to make the media their enemy in addition to convincing their voters that the media is their enemy. It's frightening how people are willing to completely ignore facts as long as Trump says something else. 

Trump's administration is already shaping up to be one of the most blatantly corrupt and scandolous administrations in American history.

Not to mention the fact that congress doesn't have a back bone and is just allowing Trump to do whatever the fuck he wants like making Betsy Devos our god damn secretary of education. 

In other words, Hillary would be much better. Sure, she's corrupt and is a horrible person who only cares about power. But at least she's not a complete idiot like Trump. She wouldn't put people into positions where they're actively trying to destroy the department they're in charge of. We need our government to be able to at least try and function properly.

The fact that you can't see that Hillary would have been a much better president is pretty funny. 4 years of gridlock is far superior to having 4 years of either political party having their way. 

It'd also help if he stopped tweeting at people he dislikes. He's the president of the united states. He should act like it. 

If you can't see how Trump's behavior is incredibly destructive then you should consider taking your head out of your ass. He should be held responsible for his actions and not excused because "what about Hillary!". At this point, we have Trump and we have to deal with the shit that he does. Hillary Clinton is completely irrelevant. You can't hide behind her emails, benghazi, or any of the other Clinton scandals.

What you have now is Trump and only Trump. Don't excuse him when he does stupid shit. It's not a "liberals vs conservatives" issue. He's the president of the united states of america. His actions affect ALL of us. Don't defend him just because he's your party's candidate. And don't defend him using whataboutisms. Hillary doesn't matter anymore. What Trump does is all him. The least we can do is hold him responsible when he does stupid things. His actions in his first month of office have been incredibly worrying. I hope that he straightens up but I'm not too hopeful. 

So tl;dr: Who gives a flying fuck about Hillary? Trump's the president and we should hold him accountable for what he does. There's no hiding behind "Killary" anymore. No hiding behind emails, benghazi, etc. etc. You should be holding Trump accountable not as your party's player but as the president of all Americans. Don't excuse him when he does stupid shit just because of Hillary.

Edited by Major_Push

"Be good people"

Okay listen buddy. I'm not even going to respond, because

1. You're a complete idiot.

2. No matter what I say you'll disagree. I agree with a few words you said, but I highly disagree with most of the stuff you've just said. Let's leave it at that. 

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

What are your thoughts on Trump revoking the transgender bathroom federal guidelines?

I personally am happy with the decision. Transgender people are special snowflakes but them involved only accounts for a very small portion of why I am happy with the decision. I mostly am glad that the states have the power to decide on that law or guideline themselves. The federal government should not have jurisdiction when it comes to this topic and forcing the guideline onto the states is just an overextension of power on their part. The guideline itself is dumb since transgender people for the most part are already able to go into whatever bathroom unless their state already has a law against it. It mostly opens up a greater opportunity for creeps to go in the other bathroom (already could do it before and has not necessarily happened since it was put in place, but it is more of a liability issue in the case that it does happen).

That's my thoughts on the matter. Happy with a majority of what Trump is doing right now and I hope he keeps up the good work.

5 hours ago, qDogg said:

What are your thoughts on Trump revoking the transgender bathroom federal guidelines?

I personally am happy with the decision. Transgender people are special snowflakes but them involved only accounts for a very small portion of why I am happy with the decision. I mostly am glad that the states have the power to decide on that law or guideline themselves. The federal government should not have jurisdiction when it comes to this topic and forcing the guideline onto the states is just an overextension of power on their part. The guideline itself is dumb since transgender people for the most part are already able to go into whatever bathroom unless their state already has a law against it. It mostly opens up a greater opportunity for creeps to go in the other bathroom (already could do it before and has not necessarily happened since it was put in place, but it is more of a liability issue in the case that it does happen).

That's my thoughts on the matter. Happy with a majority of what Trump is doing right now and I hope he keeps up the good work.

I'm not going to argue about states rights vs federal rights because that's a very heavy topic that has a lot of arguments going both ways.

However, I do think that the whole "it allows creeps..." reasoning is kind of flawed. If someone goes into an opposite sex bathroom and starts looking at other people's private parts then it's still a crime. Like you said, they could do it before so it honestly doesn't change all that much. If someone was going into the bathroom to be a pervert and commit a crime then I'm not entirely sure that this small change is going to stop them.

With that being said, I have no idea how I feel about the whole bathroom issue. I'd say that I lack any perspective necessary to judge transgender people for wanting this.

I do disagree with Trump doing good work though. Things like Betsy DeVos worry me greatly. But overall I'll say that Trump hasn't colossally fucked up yet which is good but things like Bowling Green and Sweden don't give me much hope. Either Trump and his administration are ignorant about the events going on in the world or they're blatantly making up false information to try and manipulate the public. I'd say that so far that's what's worrying me the most. Also their insistence that the media is the enemy of the nation. The government should not be trying to manipulate the media to fit their narrative.

6 hours ago, JerryBomb said:

Okay listen buddy. I'm not even going to respond, because

1. You're a complete idiot.

2. No matter what I say you'll disagree. I agree with a few words you said, but I highly disagree with most of the stuff you've just said. Let's leave it at that. 

I'd really like you to explain your stances.

That other thread wasn't the right place to have a political argument but this is an appropriate thread to do so so please elaborate.

"Be good people"

4 hours ago, Major_Push said:

I'm not going to argue about states rights vs federal rights because that's a very heavy topic that has a lot of arguments going both ways.

However, I do think that the whole "it allows creeps..." reasoning is kind of flawed. If someone goes into an opposite sex bathroom and starts looking at other people's private parts then it's still a crime. Like you said, they could do it before so it honestly doesn't change all that much. If someone was going into the bathroom to be a pervert and commit a crime then I'm not entirely sure that this small change is going to stop them.

With that being said, I have no idea how I feel about the whole bathroom issue. I'd say that I lack any perspective necessary to judge transgender people for wanting this.

I do disagree with Trump doing good work though. Things like Betsy DeVos worry me greatly. But overall I'll say that Trump hasn't colossally fucked up yet which is good but things like Bowling Green and Sweden don't give me much hope. Either Trump and his administration are ignorant about the events going on in the world or they're blatantly making up false information to try and manipulate the public. I'd say that so far that's what's worrying me the most. Also their insistence that the media is the enemy of the nation. The government should not be trying to manipulate the media to fit their narrative.

I'd really like you to explain your stances.

That other thread wasn't the right place to have a political argument but this is an appropriate thread to do so so please elaborate.

Okay then. I'm not going to talk about everything you said because I don't feel like typing that long of a paragraph. 

I disagree on rather having a criminal than a "dumbass". A criminal doesn't even care about our country. She'd lead it to total disaster. I don't care how much of an idiot you think Trump is, I'd rather have an "idiot" than a criminal. I don't see how you think it's funny that I think Trump would be better than hillary. I don't see your logic. Hillary completely hates this country, it's obvious.  I put quotations around "idiot" because I don't think Trump is an idiot. Not a major one, anyways.

Your quote is *"In other words, Hillary would be much better. Sure, she's corrupt and is a horrible person who only cares about power. But at least she's not a complete idiot like Trump."* .... Do you realize how much of an idiot YOU sound? Are you that stupid? She is, indeed, a corrupt and horrible person that only cares about power. That's painfully obvious. "But at least she's not an idiot like Trump"... Oh. Okay, yeah she's just a power hungry criminal who obviously hates america, but come on guys, at least she's not an IDIOT, amiright?    

My god.

I do, however, agree with you on not hiding behind Hillary's emails and benghazi. Trump is, of course, 100% responsible for his actions. There's no denying that. That goes for any and all presidents. As far as Trump tweets, he can tweet anything he wants. He's the president. Just unfollow him if you think he's annoying. 

Continuing: Give me examples. What people have Trump hired that are destroying their departments? Give me facts. Give me news.

As far as the news media, that's one of Trump's best accomplishments. He has exposed the media for reporting FALSE reports.

I'm also curious how you think Trump's presidency is a "scandal". 

Eh, I wrote a long paragraph. Oh well.

Edited by JerryBomb

That's it.

Achievements

13 minutes ago, JerryBomb said:

A criminal doesn't even care about our country. She'd lead it to total disaster. I don't care how much of an idiot you think Trump is, I'd rather have an "idiot" than a criminal.

Might I remind you that Trump was also criminal. While Hillary had hers and was investigated for "E-mail leaks", he was also investigated for Trump University and few others scandal.

9 hours ago, qDogg said:

My thought is that it should be allowed. I've carefully thought about this. Because of what @Major_Push said to the point, about "creeps" reason. It's flaw and is illegal. In some way: Create a bathroom used for unisex - any genders, including transgender. (which at the point I think that was family bathroom.)

76561198043643390.png

• 4 weeks later...
On February 5, 2017 at 1:24 AM, Eugene said:

I am too young to vote, but I am glad that Donald Trump is the president.

He does seem to have a nice plan on how he's going to run things for now, the only thing I am mad about is the LGBT+ things he has done so far (that is, if anything have been passed).

I do hope he does well, and I am kinda mad that people are still mad about him winning, and the #NotMyPresident thing is getting really old. If you don't want him to be your president, leave America. There are 194 other countries you can go live in.

lololololol.jpg

#notmypresident was started during the initial presidency of Obama and was continued to be used over his 8 year term and while i agree it is getting old, i believe it was old long before its recent revival in usage. 

Separately from the response above:

As for Trump as our President, I did not vote for him. I thought he would make a horrible president in all manners except possibly economic. 

Being of Native American heritage I absolutely detest Him comparing himself to Andrew Jackson and yet at the same time he may be our time periods equivalent at least towards the ways he treats minority groups and the rights to their lands ( as such with the DAPL pipeline protests that were handled in an excruciatingly horrible way ( not only did the State of North Dakota break internationally recognized treaty but so did our Federal Government( and in fact the breaking of the treaty means that in technicality Native American Lands have their own power to government back and are treated as separate countries entirely apart from the Union's control according to the Sioux Treaty of 1851))) 

Actively within the first Two weeks of being president he signed the most Executive orders ever to be signed in United States History by the same person (twice as many as Obama Signed in 8 years). I don't honestly believe executive order is the way to go.

Currently the Affordable care act which gave health coverage plans to about 24 million so far ( estimates according to our National web site) is in the process of being repealed which if were to be done millions of Americans would no longer have access to Health care, be eligible for new health care based on pre-existing conditions (such as myself), nor would the Federal government help enough to subsidize the difference under the American Health Care act. (in fact it would make many of the previous insurance holders unable to afford it).

And if the argument put forward by GOP of "instead of Buying Iphones buy health insurance" comes to mind then please reconsider the fact that approximately $600 will not pay for any coverage in and of itself. And the argument of "well then save your money" doesn't work either as the majority of Families and citizens who cannot currently afford Health Insurance live on a Paycheck to Paycheck basis and the idea of putting money aside that is not there to begin with is purely ludicrous. 

On the topic of Foreign wars, the "30 day plan to defeat ISIS( or ISIL)" did not come to fruition and honestly the fact that no thought or reasonable debate has been put into it yet is appalling considering we are fighting a war that we created against radical militants that where created in large part by the USA's involvement in the Middle East.

This also brings into play the "Muslim ban" as many people are calling it (which honestly i don't agree with but if you are going to argue the case at least use the correct terminology ( I prefer "travel/ Immigration suspension").

First off the Ban excludes Countries that of which have strong business ties with the USA which is nothing less than commercial discrimination. Suspending from one area should mean suspending from all areas, especially considering that less than 0.0002% of Americans Killed since 9/11 were killed by Muslims. In fact one third of one percent of the Muslim population in the States have been involved or have been suspected of being involved in terror attacks which is surprising considering that more than 90% of Terror attacks on US soil has been conducted by Non-Muslims according to studies done by the FBI. So the idea that the second largest Threat to the Union (second to "nuclear") is blamed on Radical Islamic Extremists is based on false pretense. 

Secondly, The majority of terror attacks in the USA are conducted my Muslims that immigrate or travel here from other countries such as England(and subsequently the UK), France, Turkey, and other mostly European countries yet there have been very little measures (in comparison) to step up processing or security from those countries. Honestly if they come up with such radical ideas as trying to hide highly reactive materials in undergarments in order to carry out some of these attacks, one would think from a strategic stand point from their point of view, flying from a middle eastern country would be stupid as  they would undergo much more US security and it would be a hard way to enter.

Now as for this so called "wall" that Mexico is paying supposedly paying for: 

Mexico is paying for the wall under current ideals by "paying more import taxes". which has no affect on the Mexican government because Import taxes are usually paid by the company having the goods imported, the most of which are US based companies; therefore,  ultimately the ones paying for the wall are US citizens.

On the topic of who will build the wall:

In all likely-hood the builders of the wall would not be of Mexican or Latino decent as Central and South America's views on the idea of the wall is less than joyous. The labour for the construction of the wall would most likely come from a majority of Union citizens working long hard hours for little or unsubstantial pay.

On the topic of "Mexicans stealing our jobs":

The majority of undocumented Mexican or Latin American Immigrants work on farms, ranches or partake in other hard labour jobs. In doing so they are paid criminally low wages, get no benefits, often work twelve hour or longer days (especially in case of farm field work where most produce collection workers are paid by the basket such is the case for most apple pickers in which case the average price for one ten gallon basket is about 20 cents). the reason they get jobs and Union Citizens do not is because Union Citizens do not have the nerve to work these types of jobs in near slave like conditions. The majority of part-time, corporate or small business jobs require you to show proof of citizenship or a work visa as required by federal law to be allowed to work them ( such is the case with McDonalds where you need to have a SSN or Work Visa number in order to take the job). Furthermore, approximately 85% of undocumented Immigrants working in the US still pay income and SSN taxes. Where as the percentage of US citizens in 2016 number only  45.3% which is up 5 points since 2013. Which means more undocumented immigrants pay taxes than the residential citizens of the USA (according to a recent IRS study). SO what we learned is they work harder jobs get paid much less but comparatively contribute the most to our government in terms of monetary duties. We should work harder to expedite the Citizenship and work visa processes as well as enforce much stricter labour laws, in order to "bring the jobs back to US Citizens". 

The use of the ideals of a Thousand+ mile wall is scapegoat tactics in my own opinion.

On terms of environmental issues so far:

The money being used to increase military spending by about 54 billion would be coming from places that use as little as 0.0015 percent of the overall Budget of the United States government such as Veteran Benefits, the EPA, and National Park Services. Again taking money out of no where to put towards a War that thus far is not backed by any plan to end it.

For those who argue if you don't like the president to just leave. It is not as simple as that. and if you are saying this and are one of the people that has a problem with president Obama, please reconsider what you say.

Despite all of these Issues I have with Trump, his choice for Cabinet, and his proposed future endeavors,i hope with all my being that he becomes a good president and helps this country. Thus far I don't see it happening. But to be a US citizen and to hope he fails is the same as Saying one hopes to see our country fail and honestly with all its problems, we are a lot better off than most places in the world.

On March 3, 2017 at 9:41 PM, masonkiksbut said:

@qDogg  Couldn't have said it better my self ,think of the Pervs  they could just peek on anyone they please. My "friends" at school all HATE him and anything he does(The're  descendants of illegal immigration) i try to reason with them but all they say is "hes racist to Mexicans he wants to build a wall yada yada he hates immigration" First of all he hates illegals  and second of all the wall idea is kind of meh a tighter security maybe but most illegal immigration is via overstaying a visa but whatever 

Just letting ya'll know this but... Pervs peek anyways.... Rapist, rape anyways... and Criminals will be criminals anyways regardless of laws or nor laws. 

What regard does a criminal have for the law if the intent is to go through with the action whether it is legal or illegal?

On February 25, 2017 at 9:43 PM, JerryBomb said:

Okay then. I'm not going to talk about everything you said because I don't feel like typing that long of a paragraph. 

I disagree on rather having a criminal than a "dumbass". A criminal doesn't even care about our country. She'd lead it to total disaster. I don't care how much of an idiot you think Trump is, I'd rather have an "idiot" than a criminal. I don't see how you think it's funny that I think Trump would be better than hillary. I don't see your logic. Hillary completely hates this country, it's obvious.  I put quotations around "idiot" because I don't think Trump is an idiot. Not a major one, anyways.

Your quote is *"In other words, Hillary would be much better. Sure, she's corrupt and is a horrible person who only cares about power. But at least she's not a complete idiot like Trump."* .... Do you realize how much of an idiot YOU sound? Are you that stupid? She is, indeed, a corrupt and horrible person that only cares about power. That's painfully obvious. "But at least she's not an idiot like Trump"... Oh. Okay, yeah she's just a power hungry criminal who obviously hates america, but come on guys, at least she's not an IDIOT, amiright?    

My god.

I do, however, agree with you on not hiding behind Hillary's emails and benghazi. Trump is, of course, 100% responsible for his actions. There's no denying that. That goes for any and all presidents. As far as Trump tweets, he can tweet anything he wants. He's the president. Just unfollow him if you think he's annoying. 

Continuing: Give me examples. What people have Trump hired that are destroying their departments? Give me facts. Give me news.

As far as the news media, that's one of Trump's best accomplishments. He has exposed the media for reporting FALSE reports.

I'm also curious how you think Trump's presidency is a "scandal". 

Eh, I wrote a long paragraph. Oh well.

honestly the only part about this I have yet to discuss is the "false reports" of the media which for the most part is untrue. in fact the majority of false or most objectified media reports are from stations and providers that of which he supports and promotes. Many of which have (even before Trump starting to run) put out false news and reports consciously. https://www.infowars.com/

On February 5, 2017 at 4:11 AM, qDogg said:

Neither the US or Mexico has done anything to hurt the other directly. Due to NAFTA and the fact that it is cheaper to have basic labor done in second world countries compared to first world countries, corporations have moved to Mexico hence why they are "stealing our jobs." Illegal immigrants cross the border (criminal and "lawful") and take refuge in sanctuary cities where they are able to get jobs and such. Depending on the circumstances, they can even vote in elections (primarily democrat voters which is why democrats oppose actually enforcing immigration laws. Hopefully, this will also be proven in the investigation he plans on conducting on this previous election, but I digress. Trump is simply protecting our country and its people. Mexico does nothing to help the situation so they will reap what they have sown. The wall should most likely be a metaphoric wall (stronger border control, extra surveillance, etc.) but a physical wall will suffice. On a last note, a cold war will never happen with Mexico and the US. The US is and will alway be ahead of Mexico in practically all ways you can imagine, meaning that Mexico would not be able to do anything. We can bully them all we want with no fear of direct repercussions. 

I will begin by saying the "Muslim ban" is not a "Muslim ban." It is ban of Islamic states on a list created by the Obama administration specifying terrorist threats. The ban does not even include the top five countries having the highest number of Muslim citizens. Obama himself did the same thing several times (sometimes worse conditions) with no major backlash. Trump does it and the world throws a temper tantrum. As @Benroyjam said, it has been temporarily ended by a judge. The ban is entirely justified since Obama has done it in the past and since it is only temporary to get a proper vetting system in place for people who are actually in need of coming to the US otherwise known as poor, non-ISIS sympathizers. On a personal level, I have no issue with Muslims. I only have an issue with Islam since it is the worst mainstream religion the world has to offer in terms of its roots and ideologies. Therefore, I support the ban to prevent those who utilize the worst of Islam from coming to the US. 

Trump is smarter than most people make him out to be. Give it some time and hopefully you will understand what I mean. 

The part here that i disagree with is that the US is and always be ahead of Mexico in almost everything considering for a long time we were at war with mexico and for a long time, they were beating us. (the Mexican-American War) Remember the Alamo? 

On February 12, 2017 at 10:01 AM, CheapTactic said:

The protests aren't peaceful anymore by any means, I just wait till those spoiled cowards will walk in the wrong area and will get massacred by the masses, a good riddance that will be.

Trump is much more better than a liberal traitor president like Obama, who caused more chaos in the middle east, and backstabbed Ukraine,Saudi Arabia, and Israel, and those are just the ones I could count.

Trump never went and broke stores, nor did his supporters when a black president was in the house, he complained, and people protested against Obama, which is what expected, but this time its outright silencing and violence against Trump supporters and even calls to assassinate the elect president(which by the way, not his fault, the majority in different large states chose him, while in a few small ones he wasn't chosen, so they can suck it with their sudden disliking of the American Elections).

If all of this was done by the "wrong" side, the media would have a rave on them and portray the entire side as evil,barbaric and anti democrapic, oh wait, they already do that.

Trump is not the best nor the smartest, but he is much better than Hillary. 

One problem I have with his election, its the religious pandering that is involved with him, since he was elected. 

The only thing I have to reply to the statements about the protests against trump and people calling for him to be assassinated... here is an hour long video of people burning dolls of Obama and Biden after his election.. tell me please how this is any different?

How about this riot with violence on a college campus?

41Cx8mY2UNL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I really recommend reading this book if not watching the film.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and Girls of all ages and sexes in between. This book and its associated film's message has never been made more relevant than ever before in regards to today's big name media (CNN and Fox), youtube restriction mode (enacted about a day or so from this post), and "snowflakeism" also know as political correctness (as seen on our college campuses and beyond). Just replace the conservative need to conform of the 1950s with the liberal need to be politically correct in the 2000s and you get the exact same themes presented in this scary true work of art.

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

• 8 months later...

I am bringing this back with a new topic (I got permission from the council to necro this).

I guess give your opinion on Net Neutrality or anything else political related that is going on right now. To anyone who has already talked about your feelings on Trump, what are your opinions now after nearly a year of this thread being dead?

I would give my opinion but I already did a 3 hour "debate" in shoutbox and everyone got triggered over it.

My opinion on Trump is completely neutral, but appointing Pai to be a chairman of FCC is a bad move, to be honest.

As for Net Neutrality, I have no word to say but to place what Jeff Duncan (SC Representative from my district) replied to me when I sent email in July 2017.

July 12, 2017

Dear Mr. Roy,

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on net neutrality. As your U.S. representative, I appreciate hearing from you.

There has been uproar and much misconception following the Federal Communications Commission’s  (FCC) vote on May 18, 2017 to formally begin the process to peel back President Obama’s net neutrality regulations. The term coined in 2003, net neutrality, is the basic principle of a free and open internet. The debate surrounding net neutrality today can be traced back two years ago, to 2015 under the Obama administration, when the FCC acted to greatly expand its own power. The FCC abated the effectiveness of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) privacy approach by voting on net neutrality rules to reclassify internet service providers (ISPs) as common carriers, thereby making them subject to Title II of the Communications Act of 1934.

Title II regulations weigh down investment in broadband and have had negative unintended consequences. Essentially, these regulations treat ISPs like “presumptive monopolists”, and according to the current FCC Chairman Ajit Pai the market failure the regulations were enacted to protect was simply non-existent. Market-oriented policies have delivered far more value to both the market as well as the consumer, fostering economic growth. Market-oriented policies, not pre-emptive regulations, are the reason our internet economy is the envy of the world. During the Clinton and Bush Administrations and prior to the last two years of the Obama Administration when the FCC imposed net neutrality rules, the internet flourished under a “light-touch” regulatory approach. In 2015, the FCC under the Obama Administration unnecessarily inserted the government into the Internet economy, thereby stifling growth.

Late last year, just ten days before the 2016 presidential election, the FCC adopted, on a party-line 3-2 vote, overly prescriptive online privacy regulations. I voted in favor of the joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval of the Federal Communication Commission’s (FCC) 2016 broadband privacy rule (H.J. Res 86/S.J. Res 34). Congress was right to rescind the Title II broadband privacy order passed by the FCC in October. The FCC’s overreach is a dangerous deviation from successful regulations and common sense practices implemented by the FTC to protect consumer privacy while still maintaining the capability of the internet to flourish and foster innovation. The internet has thrived under the technology-neutral privacy regulations developed by the FTC, the entity best equipped in implementing internet privacy regulations. I support the goal of ensuring the online privacy of consumers, and am optimistic that with the guidance of Chairman Pai, this goal will be accomplished well still maintaining a competitive internet market place.

Once again, thank you for contacting my office. I welcome input from you and all my constituents as your Representative in Congress. Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

(related to the topic of NN, I'd like to see your opinion on what he just wrote to me).

I have hope on the house of representatives to shot this down and have the supreme court to overturn the decision FCC just made.

76561198043643390.png

@-q- I hope you saved the shoutbox. I wish I were there at the time. In regards to Trump. I have no regrets. To this day I believe that quite frankly we all deserve him tbh and I'm thankful that happened. That especially includes the people who don't like him. On that day I did this given our insane choice. "Flipped a penny and let honest abe decide for me." In retrospect I'm glad the T side came up vs the H side. Its not because hes qualified or the greatest person to ever live. Its because we need someone like him. I'm talking about someone outside of career politics. If a better person with that criteria came up then I would have voted for them. Sadly this did not happen. We voted in a flawed president regardless of whether they have a D or an R attached to their name. So expect flawed outcomes at times. Honestly today's Ds and Rs are trash. Rs for 2 useless wars and Ds for useless whining and spending. Not to mention that the leadership is old and out of touch. Both parasites need to just disappear from our country and never come back. 3rd party when? Younger leadership when?

@Benroy I agree but let me add something to this. Trump, like Obama and even Bush are just one person. It doesn't help to know that if you nominate someone the political elite in Congress doesn't like then they'll just turn down their confirmation.

Other things I need to dig up since I missed them. I like that hes trying to prevent terror attacks from occurring but there might be a price to that I wouldn't like (discrimination and disregarding the constitution). I like that he recently announced that NASA should focus more on outer space. I have to go back and see the exact wording for this but if true I am fucking glad. For far too long the space shuttle was nothing but a money hole. We could have done the same with Saturn rockets, improved more on those designs and return to the moon sooner which is important if we want to go to mars or beyond. I might make a post about this tangent. Also NASA should not do NOAA's job either. For a while some elements in NASA have been posting weather and climate data. The data itself is wonderful but overall this is NOAA's job not NASA's. The economy has been doing well but I need at least one term to see if its because of him or the previous administration. Overall hes doing or trying to do exactly what he campaigned he would do. Honesty or trying to be honest in politics these days gets a thumbs up from me. I do have some strong disagreements though. Like what Obama did, I don't like that hes continuing the "overreach of executive orders" and hes campaigning for his party's candidates. (like the special elections recently). I didn't like it when Obama was heavily campaigning for Hillary either. (and using taxpayer money in doing so).

We all start out as idealists only to slowly but surely become realists one day, the likes of which we'd never imagine we would become. Meanwhile we stare back at new idealists and see a reflection of what we once were.

Facing reality to get through life.

:cockatiel: I drink birds alive and whole while petting them :cockatiel:

devolver_future_future_gif_by_digi_matri

10 hours ago, CNe7532294 said:

@-q- I hope you saved the shoutbox. I wish I were there at the time.

I sadly did not. I can give a brief summary though.

Basically, people in the shoutbox were popping blood vessels over the FCC's decision (much like a majority of americans are right now). I chimed in saying people are over-reacting and that it will not make a big difference, which triggered people, specifically FX and Violator. We went back and forth about if it should have been repealed or not. Then, it branched off into a debate on how our economy should function. It ended with Violator saying I support terrorism (I do not). In the end, I feel I won the debate especially with how it ended. Half of it was me trying to teach them what a free market is and how it is generally better for consumers. I personally would rather have the FTC handle the internet and ISPs than the FCC, which is why the repeal is not as people make it out to be. On top of all that, there is the whole argument that "net neutrality is not neutral, the patriot act is not patriotic, etc." which is fairly accurate.

@Major_Push I want your opinion since I like debating with you.