mathew2281

Is GFL Clan Dead or Dying?

Well at least now that i have gotten lots of evidence that GFL I guess is not dying, I guess thats a good thing, I just didnt know the populations on those servers were high and that you guys were getting new members every day. Well then I guess I abstain from my previous opinion and thank you all for taking the time to let me know. 

Also what happened to TTT on csgo?

Cheers guys

Just now, mathew2281 said:

This is a thing?

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

4 minutes ago, mathew2281 said:

Ya its a thing ( or it was)

Got closed down sadly, would have been something I would have checked out.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

30 minutes ago, mathew2281 said:

It was closed down relating to breaking then population was just dying because lack of updates. It was a pretty fun server though.

swegbuster1.png

Posted  Edited by Mistyful

It truly sucks to see some great servers with a lot of potential close down on gmod.

But the answer is neither, I believe some servers may not be looking too hot, but I still see people coming on 4-5 times a week just to have fun and screw around. Also have been seeing a lot of new people.

Edited by Mistyful

Rip, I usually played on GFL TTT rotation, but that was long gone, so i find myself not playing gmod as much i usually do, since most of my friends I have are from the server and they  moved on, and I don't feel motivated as much to try different gmod servers. (I'm being so stuck on the past like an idiot)

We are always dying. To ask the question or to infer it as a current circumstance is tantamount to redundancy. The key thing to remember is that some aspects of the community die faster than others, which leaves us with the pieces to construct something new. Such courses of development have been commonplace within GFL since its inception in 2011.

I suppose even embers from ashes are more than enough to birth fires.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

I kind of agree with some of you but in my scenario, I completely agree with Major's post. We used to be the best of the best, I mean sure we're still are, but they don't really last that long. To me, honestly, it felt like ever since CS:S side went downhill, everything pretty much either deflated (I hope that's the correct term). But honestly, to new players/staff, you guys will obviously think that it's not dying, but older players/staff will think it's somewhat dying. So it's a matter of different time of how long you've been in the community. 

Like Major's post said about servers ranking, let me put it simply like this for those who are new:

Gmod

TTT is the same, always popular - 24/7.

Purge used to be populated like TTT 24/7 - packed with about 50 players even during late hours (US times)

Murder used to be 4 but is now 2 and they use to be very populated as well.

Deathrun, Jailbreak, Bhop, PH, Melonbomber, DayZ... etc they were all good population

It's not just gmod, but other games server were always populated and that was the good ole days. But I think that's what the person is referring is the lack of players nowadays. Some servers, you have to force itself to be populated, not like how it used to be where players would just come on for the heck of it.

GFL restarted last summer, like others said, it's trying it's best to recover. But if you felt like it's dying, then that's your opinion. I'm with you, but honestly, it's not really a bad thing because it could mean that you can try bringing more option to bring it back up. 

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I think the main reason you get differing opinions on this question is since "dying" is relative to whenever a player joined GFL.

If you joined at our peak a few years ago then it's dying since we're a lot lower than we used to be. If you joined during all the CSS drama and shit like that then you might think that we're doing better since we went from being almost broke to having $3000 in funds and a lot of servers making an alright comeback. 

It's all relative to when you joined.

"Be good people"

Like major said, it's all relative. GFL is not at it's peak but we are doing a whole lot better than we were last year. Lets hope we can get back up there soon.

Lots of new servers and additions coming so we have a good chance.

Posted  Edited by Korowa

In my opinion, GFL is doing relatively fine in comparison to a couple other communities. Very few of the servers have a low population, and it can improve with the managers' attention. We have greatly populated servers, such as ZE, TTT, very recently Breach, and a couple more. We still have a lerge ammount of members and playerbase.

GFL is recovering from past events, and is doing a lot better.

I would also like to mention that most of the members in GFL have school and/or jobs to attend to, which consumes a lot of their time. So there isn't much time to be on GFL due to it. People get busy with life.

Edited by Korowa

original.gif

Achievements

Lets get this straight.....GFL will never die. Sure servers may close...people may go, but there arr people on here who have lost almost everything but GFL helps. I may not play much anymore...some know why...some dont. But as long as I am still in existence GFL will always be in my mind heart and soul. And many others may feel the same way...but gfl will absolutely live on in the mind of others....you may just be having people stop talking or leaving your server....but everyone has complications at one point so they may not be able to get on. But that dosnt mean its dying. GFL Iis life......in my opinion.

Posted  Edited by Black

Certainly in a decline. But not really dying imo. TBH I still blame the faggoty hackers that held this website hostage last summer. They did some pretty damn irreversibly damage to this site and community.

Edited by Black

Did you just disrespect me on this server? You dun fucked up faggot. Ill have you know that I am friends with 9 GFL Admins, 6 community managers, 27 server owners, 420 trial admins and 69 board of directors. You think you can just talk shit to me in game without having any sort of consequences or repercussions? You are sorely mistaken you chap fucking cunt. In just one private message, not only I will get you ban from all GFL servers, but I will get you ban from heaven, hell, purgatory, basically all of existence.  There won't be a cosmic plane alive that will accept your dumb mongoloid soft-serve ice cream bitch made looking ass. Prepare to have your spaghetti sliced up by a machete pal. Enjoy whatever fickle time you have left before an admin comes in and bombastically shitfucks you into oblivion for being an arrogant cum shitting cuck you are.  If you only you had an iota of fucking intelligence you would've known that tangling with someone with connections like mine would lead to your inevitable demise.

I'll see you on the forums kidd0.

22 hours ago, denros said:

Like major said, it's all relative. GFL is not at it's peak but we are doing a whole lot better than we were last year. Lets hope we can get back up there soon.

Lots of new servers and additions coming so we have a good chance.

Roy 2.0 noticed me.

wewlad

"Be good people"

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2017 at 0:57 AM, Darkling said:

We just opened up a new GMod server which hit max population within hours of it opening!

We are gaining members by the truckload at the moment as well!

Yes there are things that need fixing and some of that is on us. (It would be easier if Valve fixed there game though:lenny:)

GFL is no where near dying. We just need to evolve with the growth. 

Some servers will die, it is inevitable but as long as we keep trying new ideas and striving forward we will keep growing!

Worst servers to die where the prop hunt servers RiP

Posted  Edited by Joshy

The symptoms continue to roll out and grow, but again, I don't think it's necessarily "death" compared to something more like a sitting duck.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152