Shurm

New Server

New CSGO NA Server  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to restart the CS:GO NA Deathrun server, and would you help to populate it?

• 1. Yes, I would like it restarted and would like to help populate it.
    • 2. Yes, I would like to restart it but I wouldn't be able to populate it.
    • 3. No I don't think it's worth it.

35 minutes ago, Syrus said:

Indeed dead.

Plz im trying to make it work

36 minutes ago, Banana_King said:

Don't try. It's dead buddy *sniffle* :(

So far its going pretty good

I believe @Dano or @Roy still have the server saved from last time, rebuilding it wouldn't be the problem.  The problem is that there were to many other deathrun servers with autohop and !ws and that's what the people wanted.  We didn't have autohop, nor were we allowed to put !ws command on the server... Which caused the server to die.

eQ5pdML.jpg

Achievements

I'd love to help and revive Deathrun. I know somebody who would convert his CS:S plugin to CS:GO and to make the game completely different than the public plugin, which other servers have. But in some way, as @Syrus said, we didn't have what other servers do.

76561198043643390.png

Despite the general opinion, having autobhop on a deathrun server is almost irrelevant in regards to population. Just as there are people who look for servers with autobhop, others look for deathrun servers without it (Legit mode). However, not having !knife !ws is a problem if all leadership cares about is the population numbers within the server. That being said it would be fairly easy to populate the DR server and I have strategies on how to keep the server populated throughout the week, all we need is 12 dedicated people that will spend at least one hour a week on the server, for the first few weeks.

Some of the servers on GFLclan are averaging 2-3 players (which is horrible) according to gametracker stats. IMO it would be a smart idea to swap out one of those empty servers and slot in a DR Legit server.

If leadership and others among this community are serious about bringing the DR server back then I am without a doubt 100% willing to provide help in any way.

5 minutes ago, UrbanCroat said:

However, not having !knife !ws is a problem

Exactly. But valve disallowed community servers to have the plugin. Any servers having them have greater chance of getting GSLT banned, which removing the server off list. 

We've already gotten banned by having custom knives models, which valve didn't make clear that it wasn't allowed until they updated it. Learned the mistake to not do it again. So, if we plan to bring back Deathrun, we can't have "illegal plugins" on the servers. We'd end up having a risk of getting banned from GSLT which is high. 

76561198043643390.png

On 2/25/2017 at 7:00 PM, Syrus said:

I believe @Dano or @Roy still have the server saved from last time, rebuilding it wouldn't be the problem.  The problem is that there were to many other deathrun servers with autohop and !ws and that's what the people wanted.  We didn't have autohop, nor were we allowed to put !ws command on the server... Which caused the server to die.

Those aside, you're forgetting the real reason it died.

The manager and admins refused to play the serverbecause it was dead. Nevermind the fact that it was dead because they refused to try and actually populate it. When an actual attempt was put into populating it, it would start to get some traction. 

With that being said, I wouldn't expand into a new server without officially killing a dead one. That way we have something tangible limiting our server expansion. Otherwise we'll just keep spreading ourselves thin making new servers that die quickly.

Also, !ws was a pretty major issue as to why the server died. If only Valve would actually do something about it instead of just rewarding those who are intentionally breaking community guidelines.

"Be good people"

16 hours ago, Benroyjam said:

Exactly. But valve disallowed community servers to have the plugin. Any servers having them have greater chance of getting GSLT banned, which removing the server off list. 

We've already gotten banned by having custom knives models, which valve didn't make clear that it wasn't allowed until they updated it. Learned the mistake to not do it again. So, if we plan to bring back Deathrun, we can't have "illegal plugins" on the servers. We'd end up having a risk of getting banned from GSLT which is high. 

I personally think that if the server were to get back up and repopulated that all the people that played it before would come back, even most of the staff, would you come back to play if it was up and running?

On 26/02/2017 at 3:00 AM, Syrus said:

When the server was dead, but still up on the server list, i would bring like 3-5 of my friends with me on there, then in about 10 mins, the server would start to get re-populated, cause no one wants to join a "2-player" gamemode with no one on, i would probably be on just about everyday for a few hours then people will see someone/people there and decide to join.

2 hours ago, Shurm said:

When the server was dead, but still up on the server list, i would bring like 3-5 of my friends with me on there, then in about 10 mins, the server would start to get re-populated, cause no one wants to join a "2-player" gamemode with no one on, i would probably be on just about everyday for a few hours then people will see someone/people there and decide to join.

I agree, all we need is a few dedicated "server fillers" for the first few weeks.

Posted  Edited by Twig

This is one of the big problems with GFL. We ask and ask and ask for servers to come back, and we plead for more servers, but who is going to populate it? We'll get maybe 10 players for a week then it'll be dead again. Happened with CS:GO Deathrun the first time, GMod DarkRP, GMod Deathrun, GMod Jailbreak, and it's gonna happen with Breach as well, as well as other servers that were dead and dying.

Instead of making more servers that will eventually die and spending more really needed donation money, we should invest time into improving the community and forums, and the servers that are already alive and well.

"But Twig, it'll live!"

No it won't. Like i said, it'll last a week then get 0 players. Bound to happen. People want it, but won't do anything to keep it alive, and players on CS:GO and GMod won't be interested in any other servers.

"I'll go on every few days and get a population!"

Good idea, but is it good enough? People are used to their own servers, and usually only go on servers they're used to, and if we just bring a new server into the field of CS:GO Deathrun, it won't get any players that have a server to go to. They'll go to their own community's server. Only new players ENTIRELY to CS:GO Deathrun have a small chance to joining our server out of any, and like @Syrus said, without autohop and !ws, nobody will be interested. It's what they want, and what we can't deliver.

If we truly want to make a new server, we need a fresh idea, and something no other community has. That way, we'll get players interested in new things, instead of trying to create a Frankenstein of our servers that failed.

It just makes no sense to me to make a new server when it'll die. It wasn't doing good, it won't be if it's revived.

Edited by Twig

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $943 ($530 with sales)
  • Games owned: 174
  • Games played: 112 (64%)
  • Hours on record: 5,797.5h

I don't know why the 2nd option is up there. If you want a server back but wont help it grow or repopulate then you might as well leave it dead. 

Did you just disrespect me on this server? You dun fucked up faggot. Ill have you know that I am friends with 9 GFL Admins, 6 community managers, 27 server owners, 420 trial admins and 69 board of directors. You think you can just talk shit to me in game without having any sort of consequences or repercussions? You are sorely mistaken you chap fucking cunt. In just one private message, not only I will get you ban from all GFL servers, but I will get you ban from heaven, hell, purgatory, basically all of existence.  There won't be a cosmic plane alive that will accept your dumb mongoloid soft-serve ice cream bitch made looking ass. Prepare to have your spaghetti sliced up by a machete pal. Enjoy whatever fickle time you have left before an admin comes in and bombastically shitfucks you into oblivion for being an arrogant cum shitting cuck you are.  If you only you had an iota of fucking intelligence you would've known that tangling with someone with connections like mine would lead to your inevitable demise.

I'll see you on the forums kidd0.