Faex

Android - Should I root my phone?

I've heard that rooting your phone can allow you to install thousands of apps that can do stuff regular apps can't do, however you run the risk of damaging your phone and nullifying your warranty and even getting g your carrier service denied. 

I have an HTC 10 and I'm thinking about rooting my phone specifically for apps, should I do that? 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

I have rooted my iPhone many of times. There is always a risk. But I have never heard of losing your service, I have never lost mine. Rooting your phones gives you more access to areas of your phone that you normally do not have. You can install apps that are not on the play store, you can installed hacked/cracked apps that allows you to do things that other apps are not "allowed" to allow you to do. Research before attempting to root your phone. Make sure to back up anything on your phone before attempting rooting. And this world is not a nice place, so be vigilant in what apps and where you install them from.

happy rooting!

On 3/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, upin said:

I have rooted my iPhone many of times. There is always a risk. But I have never heard of losing your service, I have never lost mine. Rooting your phones gives you more access to areas of your phone that you normally do not have. You can install apps that are not on the play store, you can installed hacked/cracked apps that allows you to do things that other apps are not "allowed" to allow you to do. Research before attempting to root your phone. Make sure to back up anything on your phone before attempting rooting. And this world is not a nice place, so be vigilant in what apps and where you install them from.

happy rooting!

You don't root iPhones, you jailbreak them.  Rooting is different.  The reason that it is called rooting is because Android is based off of linux.  And since linux has the super user called "root", thats where the term came from.  Once rooting, you (without surprise) get access to the root account.  Anyways, I did it, and i'm happy that I did.

wEEZhpy.jpg.54370668acb451a1bac8a5011679ce7b.jpg 

(Made by @Rose, thx :D)

[Former]- Breach Admin, OLD Purge SR. Admin, HnS admin, GMOD Murder admin, GMOD JB Admin, TTT Admin, Forum Moderator, Discord Moderator, Public Relations Team Member, Media Team Member

I'm out

Posted  Edited by upin
9 hours ago, Nap14hockey said:

You don't root iPhones, you jailbreak them.  Rooting is different.  The reason that it is called rooting is because Android is based off of linux.  And since linux has the super user called "root", thats where the term came from.  Once rooting, you (without surprise) get access to the root account.  Anyways, I did it, and i'm happy that I did.

Rooting meaning gaining assess to a level that allow more control over that device. It is not limited to Linux kernel. So yes, I have rooted my phone to gain administrative access to my iPhone. Jailbreak is a term used to unlocking your phone in order to use with other service. Not really the same thing. You can "jailbreak" your phone without getting administrative access to your phone.

Edited by upin

Posted  Edited by upin

BTW, I have had android os on my windows 10 laptop, "rooted". Then got rid of it when I got board with Pokémon Go.

Edited by upin