BudRot

BudRot's Graphics Emporium and Warehouse

Hello, my name is Tyler AKA BudRot.

I was contacted by @Azura after my introduction asking about some of my art!

Unfortunately i lost most of my previous work due to a hard drive failure (lesson learned.) But i decided to give a go at a signature for the forums.

Azura sent me over some renders and i decided to go with Sam Fisher.

Let me know what you think, criticism is welcomed.

Criticizing my own work i would say:

I could of spent more time on it.

I need to work on my text a bit.

I should of chose a render that didn't demand such a strong light source.

GFL Sig - WIP.jpg

You don't have to use a light source, you could always twist it around. The light is too bright. I believe there's a better font to use than that. Something like pixels (visitor) is good, Constantia, ....

You can change the direction of the light, it doesn't necessarily have to be in the direction just because your render is like that. You could have make it darker instead and the light is from the face side, so it won't be that might light, mostly darkness. 

I'll give it a good to go, but I'm a bit picky. Since we're mostly a art group, meaning we do other things too, from members to members. I have one small question, if signature the only thing you make? I know this isn't an application or whatnot, but I would like to know what your focus is.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by BudRot - Edit Reason: typo
36 minutes ago, Bae said:

You don't have to use a light source, you could always twist it around. The light is too bright. I believe there's a better font to use than that. Something like pixels (visitor) is good, Constantia, ....

You can change the direction of the light, it doesn't necessarily have to be in the direction just because your render is like that. You could have make it darker instead and the light is from the face side, so it won't be that might light, mostly darkness. 

I'll give it a good to go, but I'm a bit picky. Since we're mostly a art group, meaning we do other things too, from members to members. I have one small question, if signature the only thing you make? I know this isn't an application or whatnot, but I would like to know what your focus is.

First of all, thanks for taking time to critique my artwork!

I agree that the text feels off. Ill check out your suggested font's and give em' a shot.

As for the lighting issue. It is very bright. I played with burning and color dodging but i never quite like how it turned out.

I'm confused on what you mean by I could have had the light coming from the front of his body. His rifle on his back is highlighted, his shoulders, neck and all down his extended arm are very bright. Like i said i tried burning it down but didn't work out well at all for me.

I'd say i'm most comfortable with the signature style art because that's where it all started for me. But that was many years ago, now I've dabbled in Illustrator for Vectors and Logo's. I've also done some UI work for various pet projects, websites and apps.

Thanks again! Much appreciated. 

Fkn0wned - Render #9.png

Edited by BudRot
typo

I love this style of forum sigs, even though @Bae pointed out some minor flaws :P

I'm really interested in other styles of art you can produce, ofcourse, if you feel like doing it.

9 hours ago, BudRot said:

Unfortunately i lost most of my previous work due to a hard drive failure (lesson learned.)

I feel you there.. I've also lost all my work recently :(

If you wish to talk to me, send me a PM but it's easier to reach me on Steam.

vf05UJb.jpg