Firestorm

Garry's Mod Ground Control Tournament?

Ground Control Tournament?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

I was thinking of having an tournament in Garry's Mod that requires like teamwork.

I might see that Ground Control have good fit since it have some teamwork, timing, and ton of stuff to use, such like CS:GO does.

I wonder if we can have one (Don't worry, Ground Control will be only temp for Tournament unless GMOD division leaders see that it could actually stay on which I most likely won't see).

143068bf65422d15.gif.a4fec75c1555410601df14ff72e91bb9.gif

4 minutes ago, PB-n-J said:

A tournament sounds like a great idea.

Any demos, though, to see how it works?

It pretty much like TDM with some teamwork and somewhat decent weapons.

What I know of: it requires an ton of practice to get used of these guns as they have ton recoil. It also that some of the features that might make you to rage quit

Press the spoiler tag if you want to read the whole thing.

What is this?
Ground Control is a gamemode that focuses heavily on teamwork and lethality of combat.
In this gamemode communication between you and your team mates is crucial in order to succeed.

What does it play like?
Imagine the weapon lethality of ARMA 3 or Insurgency, gunplay similar to Battlefield 3 and tension of Counter-Strike in one package - in other words - it's a blast.

How many people should I play this with?
The gamemode plays best with 8 players on each team (any more and it's a meatgrind), however you're free to bump the player limit all the way up to 32 players (or even higher, if you're feeling lucky), since it should be more fun with more people.
The gamemode is well-optimized, and during playtests I had no trouble running the server at a tickrate of 128 with 20 people on the server, on the same computer that I also played it on. (i5 4670, 8gb of ram)

What maps can I play this on?
By default CS:S maps are supported, however you can easily add support for various other maps.

What are the features?
- Uses my Customizable Weaponry 2.0 base, which went through a lot of bug-fixes and improvements specifically due to development of this gamemode
- Section-based armor system - an armor vest only protects your torso
- 4 game types
- Stamina & movement affectors
- Weight system
- Suppression
- Configurable loadouts - no classes, the gear you pick determines what your 'class' is
- Custom footstep sound system
- Bleeding
- Radio system with multiple voice-overs
- Cash and Experience progression
- Disarming via dealing damage to arms
- Traits (aka Perks), these have been designed to not have a direct effect on gameplay (ie. no perks of 'increase damage dealt', 'decrease damage taken', 'increase health', etc. types)
- Minimal health regeneration
- On-screen hint system for new players, so that they can get into the gamemode quick
- Supports Prone Mod

Game types
Rush:
- Attackers VS Defenders style
- No respawns
- Win conditions: capture one of all available objective points or kill the enemy team

Urban Warfare:
- Both teams try to capture one point.
- Teams respawn in waves when the point is captured in the wave, the timer runs out or one of the teams is killed; players that stayed alive during the wave do not respawn.
- Win conditions: drain enemy tickets down to 0

Assault:
- Attackers VS Defenders style
- No respawns
- Defenders need to protect both points from the attackers, and they cannot stray too far from their starting area.
- Win conditions: capture one of all available objective points or kill the enemy team

Ghetto Drug Bust:
- Attackers VS Defenders + Capture the Flag style
- No respawns
- The Ghetto (Defenders) team has more people than the Attackers team, but they can't select what weapon they spawn with, and the weapons they get are one of the following: a pistol of some kind, Super Shorty, MAC-11, AK-74
- Win conditions: capture one of all available drug packages or kill the enemy team
- Features a unique voice over for the Ghetto team

Stamina & movement affectors
Actions like running and jumping use up your stamina, which in turn will make you run slower.
Your maximum stamina is also determined by your health - if you're low on health, you'll also be low on stamina.
Sprinting sideways or backwards will be slower than sprinting forward.

Weight system
Equipping a lot of gear will make you run out of stamina very quickly and movement will make more noise.
This makes players prioritize whether they want to go for heavy armor and heavy weapons to be safe, or pick a lighter loadout which would let them run quickly for a longer period of time.

Configurable loadouts
Players are able to pick what their primary and secondary weapons are, how many bandages, spare magazines they wish to carry, and what armor vest they want to wear.
The weight from all those objects adds up and affects the player as mentioned before.

Custom footstep sound system
The sound of your footsteps is affected by both your movement speed and the amount of gear you are wearing.
The higher the weight of your loadout, the noisier you will be.

Radio system
A total of 18 radio commands means that players will be able to respond to most situations without having to use voice chat or type into chat.
A total of 3 voiceovers means that there is enough variety to avoid repetitiveness.
Why use voice chat when you can just mark the position of an enemy with a radio command?

Suppression
Whenever a bullet lands close, you get shot or begin bleeding - your adrenaline levels will begin increasing.
The higher your adrenaline level is, the more difficult it will be to fire precisely when aiming down the sights.
On the flip side of the coin, a high adrenaline level will allow you to run faster than usual and make hip fire more accurate.

Disarming
Whenever a player has their primary weapon equipped and takes a lot of damage to their arms, they will drop their primary weapon and be unable to pick them back up.

Cash and Experience
You receive cash and experience for multiple actions. Cash is used to unlock new weapon attachments and perks, while experience passively unlocks you additional attachment slots.
Actions that are more teamwork oriented get you more experience, while actions that involve less input from your team mates award you more cash.
Be careful not to shoot your team mates though, as you lose a lot of money and experience for doing so.

Traits (aka Perks)
Traits were made specifically to not affect the gameplay directly.
Instead you have traits that modify your suppression tolerance and other factors. Their boost is also minimal, they won't provide 50% boosts to a specific aspect.

Minimal health regeneration
Health does not regenerate, unless you were hit in a protected part of your body, in which case you only regenerate the amount of damage that the armor negated, which is minimal in most cases, due to blunt trauma.

Ground Control Download

6 hours ago, Twig said:

we could, you know, just have a CS:GO tournament

All right, for reals:

You realize that CS:GO does tournaments every SINGLE time and you know that we haven't gotten an Garry's Mod Tournament.

Plus, CS:GO is like no-brainer because half of GFL don't even play CS:GO.

Posted  Edited by Bae
17 hours ago, Twig said:

we could, you know, just have a CS:GO tournament

He wants to be unique, you cuck.

@Firestorm Where exactly did you get the information of half of GFL don't play csgo? Literally more than half is from CS:GO section, it's just that they also play gmod.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements