Snowy

[CS:GO ZE] Community Event Suggestions

Posted  Edited by Vauff

MapSuggestions8.thumb.png.457450d3043e8be302a9fa94af081b94.png

With lower CS:GO server population since the release of CS2, it has become more beneficial than ever to coordinate play sessions in the community.

So we have decided to launch a new community events system. Community members can now suggest and host their own events, taking a leadership position (whether leading themselves, or delegating), and ideally helping to advertise it.

For your event to be played, an admin must choose to sponsor and run it, suggestions with more community support will be more likely to be picked. All server admins now have the ability to run events (not limited to T3).

If you would like to host your own community event, please follow the template below.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Template:

Event Title: A header title for your event

Map(s): You can nominate either a single map or a group of maps.

Example:

Event Title: Polar Basics

Map(s): ze_icecap_escape_v5_p, ze_arctic_escape_p2

Original event suggestions post (no longer being used until CS2):

Spoiler

If you would like to contribute an idea for an event, please follow the template below.

Template:

Event Title: A header title for your event

Map(s): You can nominate either a single map or a group of maps.

• If nominating multiple maps, there should be some understandable reason as to why you're putting them together

Restrictions/Limitations: You may come up with certain limitations for the map(s).

• Restrictions/Limitations can mean stuff like, pistols only, ThirdPerson only, no nades, etc...
  • Be considerate, make sure it's within server compatibility
  • Make it challenging, yet don't go overboard.
  • You can leave this area blank.

Others: Extra info/details you would like to add, can be left blank.

Example:

Event Title: Polar Basics

Map(s): ze_icecap_escape_v5_p, ze_arctic_escape_p2

Restrictions/Limitations: No grenades, pistols only

Others: A fun twist on some classic maps

As many of you know, we’ve been holding an event every month.

It is usually held on Saturdays at 5 PM central.

Due to the high amount of suggestions we get regarding various different events, we’ve decided to start an Event Suggestion thread so that you all will be able to nominate the maps you wish to see played during the event! The reason for this post is because we may run out of maps/ideas to host an interesting event, so we value your input on what you may come up with and will gladly take it into consideration. Depending on the situation, the event coordinators, may come up with ideas for the event ourselves.

Rewards will be decided by the Event Coordinators

Any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Event Coordinators: @xSnowyAngel and @Vauff

Edited by Vauff

• Snowy featured and pinned this topic

Map(s): ze_UT2004_Convoy_p2

Restrictions/Limitations: Hell Nah

Event Time preferred: Late Night/Morning(Anytime is okay.)

Others: If we beat convoy like easy ( 4-0 / 4-2 etc etc). I think we can try AESTHETIC.:lenny:

Map(s): Naraka's maps (similar to how we did with Luffaren).

Restrictions/Limitations: Crazy escape->Pistols only (up until boss where people can use anything they want, since boss is very far away so we actually need regular weapons to kill it), if this can't be done (allowing different weapons on different parts of the map), than we could do riffles only (they should have the reach to kill the last boss)and unless this proves incredibly weak against the last boss I suggest removing this but for s3 only (other stages should be fine with this limitation).

Project alcaria->This one would be heavy only (or whatever you call the shotgun class in game), so only negevs m249 and shotguns, the last boss demands a lot of mobility so this should be a fun limitation. I'm not adding a harder limitation since the boss has a time limit.

Event Time preferred: Nothing preferred.

Others: I pointed these out since most ppl only know naraka for crazy escape and she has other maps that are quite good in the old school ze style and are very fun and chill. Also I pointed these maps since they are the most famous but if you would like to add any feel free to add.

Now I wanted to just point something that I think we could do and originally was @xZephire 's idea which was play maps that are higher than 150 MB , this would be done during Main Event and we could have maps like portal story v3 ,sit caelum, tyranny ,etc (I just copied some maps from his post I really think this is the perfect spot to do it if he does want to get this idea forward).

In addition we could always have an event to beat unbeaten maps (I won't suggest any since I'm not in a very try hard mood right now as off the writing of this post but it could obviously be done.

10 hours ago, Potti said:

Others: If we beat convoy like easy ( 4-0 / 4-2 etc etc). I think we can try AESTHETIC.:lenny:

+1

Convoy for me.

12 hours ago, Potti said:

If we have the cfg uploaded on the main server, I would go for a try.

Posted  Edited by rip - Edit Reason: cuz the berd is the derp
17 hours ago, Potti said:

CONVOY said it for years this map is underated. i remember when the map was new and on contest time nobody could beat it in source. but with a good team in csgo should be easy job so +1

Edited by rip
cuz the berd is the derp

89pY3zr.gif

56 minutes ago, rip said:

CONVOY said it for years this map is underated. i remember when the map was new and on contest time nobody could beat it in source. but with a good team in csgo should be easy job so +1

I have beaten it so :)

Posted  Edited by rip
10 minutes ago, Shiki said:

I have beaten it so :)

i think everyone did, but not on the contest otherwise there would be names on the wall of the map.:)

Edited by rip

89pY3zr.gif

Posted  Edited by kikofly

Naraka special is in my list, but its probably not gunna be happend anytime soon yet.

>150mb map event is still a little iffy for me  but it will be put into consideration.

thinking if i should do random and convoy together in one event, figured random would be too underwhelming to play by itself, despite the fact we havent beaten it.

Edited by kikofly

1 hour ago, kikofly said:

Naraka special is in my list, but its probably not gunna be happend anytime soon yet.

>150mb map event is still a little iffy for me  but it will be put into consideration.

thinking if i should do random and convoy together in one event, figured random would be too underwhelming to play by itself, despite the fact we havent beaten it.

convoy / random gogo :thumbsup:

Don't really know which maps to pick

But I am gonna vouch for anything that is pistol only, alongside that maybe increase the limit of buy-able grenades from zmarket or somehow slightly increase the knockback of certain pistols.

==============================

dailypractice94-2banner2.png.610aed37d04a508c1823292d1f28e79d.png

Achievements

Map(s): ze_shroomforest2_p6
Restrictions/Limitations: No SMGs, no Negev
Event Time preferred: Any

Others: If this becomes too easy, consider banning M249s as well.

We know quite a bit of people can get far into shroomforest2...but can you do it without access to the best ze weapons?

I'm backk.

Map(s):  (Mario maps event). ze_luigimansion_p2 , ze_mario_tower_v4_p2

Restrictions/Limitations:  ONLY xm1014.

Event Time preferred:  Doesnt matter. But not bad will be 3pm Central Time (CDT) / 10pm Central European Summer Time :^_^:

Others:  If we will beat this event event we can try to play more difficult maps with some restrictions. :lenny:

Posted  Edited by mikasa

Ummm I have some suggenstions about it:

Map(s): ze_gris / ze_tilex_ultimate (latest version)
Restrictions/Limitations: LMGs only (Negev/M249)
Event Time preferred: Anytime, but I prefer 5-7pm GMT

Others: If we can't beat this map, let's try easier map with boss (like frozentemple, shroomforest, aesthetic, etc) with no nades

Map(s): ze_santassination
Restrictions/Limitations: No item (except heal), No herder at truth lv

Others: If herder is really needed, it's okay as long as we not using any item beside heal and herder

Map(s): ze_otakuroom
Restrictions/Limitations: Assault Rifles only

Others: If we beat this map, we can try another harder map with same restriction

Map(s): ze_rtcw_omnious_rumors
Restrictions/Limitations: Pistols / Shotgun only

Others: If we can't beat this map, let's try another easier map

Edited by mikasa

93896602_p0.jpg

Posted  Edited by CubicSquares

Map(s): ze_Pirates_Port_Royal_v5_6

Restrictions/Limitations: No Medallion (except of course for last medal on lvl5)

Event Time preferred: Anytime

Others: Maybe add a weapon restriction if you think this is too easy

Map(s):  Final Fantasy no instalkill (ze_FFVII_Mako_Reactor, ze_FFXII_Westersand, ze_FFXIV_Wanderers_Palace)

Restrictions/Limitations: No Ultima, Limit Break, or Holy magic

Others: If we can't beat one map we can skip to the next one

Map(s): ze_Lila_panic_v2

Restrictions/Limitations: No LMG

Others: Maybe add another weapon restriction like rifles only if this is also too easy

Edited by CubicSquares

Map(s): ze_santassination extreme mode (because we already beat normal mode many times)
Restrictions/Limitations: Nope

Others:  if to hard maybe we can play convoy

• Vauff changed the title to [CS:GO ZE] Community Event Suggestions
  • reduct unfeatured this topic