Ben

Religion discussions

What is your religion? Christian / Atheist (I drift in and out of both so guess agnostic)

Does it have any denominations? Baptist

Do you go to church or whatever? Sometimes, but not consistently

Do you use to be in any religion? If so, why did you stop?

Well, as I said, I've drifted in and out of atheism and Christianity.

I am currently being raised in a christian home, but am not pressured into being christian.

I always kinda doubt there being a god and if there is, if I'm devoting to the right one.

I get bombarded with tons and tons of "miracles" and scientific proof.

So I really don't know.

200.gif            Hello from all the animals~

Another question to prevent this thread dying: for those people involved in religion, how often do you read the Bible? 

I read daily. I'm on 111 of 150 Psalms as it's called Psalms a day. 

People with no religion can answer this question too, and to satanist: there is a Satan Bible. I remember being shown by my non-religious friend a few years ago, I'd recommend looking them up. 

People can still answer what I posted in OP. 

76561198043643390.png

10 hours ago, The_Teddy_Bear_Muffin said:

I always kinda doubt there being a god and if there is, if I'm devoting to the right one.

Same, tbh.

original.gif

Achievements

11 minutes ago, Benroyjam said:

Another question to prevent this thread dying: for those people involved in religion, how often do you read the Bible? 

I read daily. I'm on 111 of 150 Psalms as it's called Psalms a day. 

People with no religion can answer this question too, and to satanist: there is a Satan Bible. I remember being shown by my non-religious friend a few years ago, I'd recommend looking them up. 

People can still answer what I posted in OP. 

I need to start reading the Bible more again(perhaps I will do the Psalm a day thing), but for a while I did as much reading as I could, getting through the New Testament (apart from Revelation) in about 2 or more weeks I think(due to being incredibly busy). I also got through Genesis and Exodus, and am technically working on Numbers.

Alongside the Bible, I have been reading the Book of Concord, the Confessions of the Lutheran Church, which are basically a summary and exposition of the Scriptures. Even though you are Baptist, I think you may find it interesting. I would recommend the Small and Large Catechism(not Catholic) first if you do end up checking it out.

Message me if you need the link(it should show up in a Google search). The same extends to everyone else!

11 hours ago, The_Teddy_Bear_Muffin said:

What is your religion? Christian / Atheist (I drift in and out of both so guess agnostic)

Does it have any denominations? Baptist

Do you go to church or whatever? Sometimes, but not consistently

Do you use to be in any religion? If so, why did you stop?

Well, as I said, I've drifted in and out of atheism and Christianity.

I am currently being raised in a christian home, but am not pressured into being christian.

I get bombarded with tons and tons of "miracles" and scientific proof.

So I really don't know.

If you would like, I could direct you to some resources that may help with doubts and such(apologetics websites). Message me or add me on Steam if you want me to give you the links.

I’m a Christian, and I used to go to church. I can’t anymore because there are no churches near where I live. 

Also, I dont read the bible much anymore. 

759110999_GFLSignature.png.5f98a0d75491ad7bc17aaf7a35c1f7bf.png

Thank you @AceOfSpadesMM for the signature! Very much appreciated.

I'm Jewish (and apparently the only Jew on GFL...), but I'm not really the most religious. I'm Jewish by law since my mother is. My philosophy is while I do believe there is a god, I don't really do any sort of practices or anything like that. I do, however, show respect towards others who do.

P.S. I don't get offended at Jew jokes :P

76561198088916523.png

35 minutes ago, Rcool64 said:

I'm Jewish (and apparently the only Jew on GFL...), but I'm not really the most religious. I'm Jewish by law since my mother is. My philosophy is while I do believe there is a god, I don't really do any sort of practices or anything like that. I do, however, show respect towards others who do.

@CheapTactic is a Jew too.

I'd say I'm atheist, since I never went to Church (Except at least twice for Boy Scouts) and I don't think I ever will. I'd prefer to stay away from religion but I'm happy to participate in any church related activities if asked (Unless all I'm going to do is pray or whatever). 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

Posted  Edited by DemonWithAShotgun

I'm absolutely agnostic. I'm a believer only in things FIRMLY  backed by research, evidence, and science. Anything else I find hard to believe.

Now, that's not to say I don't WANT  for there to be a god and heaven and all, I really do -- the fear of nothingness after death terrifies me -- but the way I see it, the existence of such things is variably improbable at best.

I was a Catholic for awhile, back before I could grasp the thoughts of death, god, etc. so I try to keep out of religious talks with my family and begrudgingly participate in prayers for fear of stirring up some argument.

But I'd be more than happy to stir up an argument online

:lenny: 

I obviously won't shit on other peoples' beliefs, I've got the integrity to keep myself from doing that. But if people wanna start talking religion with me, I'm not afraid to get a bit...passionate.

Edited by DemonWithAShotgun

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GM3PM22.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) GFL PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) STEAM PROFILE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) BattleTag: Doctersalt#1734 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1033049.png

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)