im not inactive you are

Dictionary of terms

Basically the title, have someone, may it be the server manager, the admins, the players, etc. make a dictionary of terms. New players like myself into most of these games that don't understand what the term means, and a simple google search is not enough to solve the issue. In TTT for example, very basic terms, used all globally, or very easy to know what it means, in the example I'll use T used for someone who is a Traitor, very easy, very basic right? Let's go into Purge, it's a DarkRP, although the game is old af, there's still some servers which people don't know the terms, for example, first time I committed NLR, I was very confused as to what it was, a dictionary of terms would clear this issue with any new player. A list like this:

NLR: New Life Rule, once you die in a raid/mug/kidnap, you can't kill the person who killed you, and if you died at your base while it's being raided, you can't go back either. 

Something like this, for every server, this way people know what rule they break without being clueless about a certain scenario. Make it look nice, make it attractive to the human eye, not too little color but also not too overwhelming kind of a thing.

I've had this idea for a long time, what really made me write this was I was reading Zombie Survival (US)'s motd before I joined the server, so I could experience a new gamemode, as I want to explore the community, as I finished reading the motd, I clearly understood nothing of it, because the vocabulary it uses does not match the one to someone who is new to the game. A term used a lot in that motd was "cade", and when I googled it, it showed up to be a pet, and I don't think cading in that sense was meant to be as a pet. 

I don't know who to tag, if someone wants to tag Server Managers or whatever they think should make this list, go ahead.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

What?

My comments are going to be really rude because I ... I think this is just stupid.

I mean, if it's TTT, there's already a guide for it. It's F1. That's as simple as it can get. 

You're basically asking the managers to explain every rule, is that it?

Purge already has it where they explain what each rule means. 

I don't understand why we have to do this to help players. It's their responsibility to ask or search up what we're asking of them to follow. Most players break the rules because they think its fun. It's understandable that you want us to be more helpful. But it's not our responsibility to teach them every single word that they don't know. We're not a classroom where we teach people how to read. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

19 hours ago, Bae said:

What?

My comments are going to be really rude because I ... I think this is just stupid.

I mean, if it's TTT, there's already a guide for it. It's F1. That's as simple as it can get. 

You're basically asking the managers to explain every rule, is that it?

Purge already has it where they explain what each rule means. 

I don't understand why we have to do this to help players. It's their responsibility to ask or search up what we're asking of them to follow. Most players break the rules because they think its fun. It's understandable that you want us to be more helpful. But it's not our responsibility to teach them every single word that they don't know. We're not a classroom where we teach people how to read. 

@Bae all feedback is good feedback even if it's a bit rude, but thanks for taking the time to write such a long comment.

No not every rule. If you join a server / game you want new players to follow the rules, at least that's the way that I am, I don't try to break the rules because to me it's not fun to ruin the game for other's. I just wrote this after I read the rules for a GFL server, and didn't understand at all what anything meant because it used vocabulary that is part of the game, but I am new to the gamemode. Or if this is too stupid / hard, if there are words that new people to the server wont know in the MOTD, a little side-note of the word at the bottom or top that would help someone who doesn't know the term, or after a google search – which is what most rule-following new players are willing to give –  doesn't receive an answer. 

If you don't get what I am saying, Butterking did a very good job at doing it in Purge, where he included it in the MOTD for his server. I'm just going to give one of the many rules that he did, and this helps out any new player understand the gamemode, and not break rules, because not everyone that joins a new game is looking to break the rules.

"20. Do not fading door abuse. (FDA) (Ex: Opening a fading door in order to shoot someone and closing it immediately afterward or when running away from someone open it up to make a quick escape)."

He has the term that everyone uses, what it means, and an example of it. If I were a new person, I would totally now understand what not to do, and what isn't allowed on the server because it seems unfair. A server that I had trouble understanding was Zombie Survival (US), I have to give them props, it's very colourful, and I'm not dissing the server, but as a new player reading the rules is going to want to understand them.

• "Breaking other people's cadesThe only time rule can be broken is if some one's 'cade' is made to troll and offers no protection at all. "

When I read this, I said to myself "wtf is a cade", I read the rules 2 more times just incase I missed a definition, or example of what they meant by cade, and there wasn't one.

No, I don't think you get what I'm saying here. PurgeRP is always like that, in any darkrp servers, their rules are always an essay, which I do not mind because the amount of roles and things to add in. And no offense to Butterking, but the motd was copied and pasted for the most part from the old managers but only a few were customized. 

I will be tagging in Xy because most of breach rules will fit into your category that you want them to explain each rule.

@Xy_  You hinted common sense rules will not help at all, so in any case, Xy's rules might fit this scenario.

As for Zombie Survival, if you search up Zombie Cade Gmod on google, it'll direct you to like props, nails, and hammers in between zombies and humans. So the cade itself is the housing protection. I knew the word cade from Minecraft I don't know how and why, but that's how it is for me. I never understood Zombie Survival on gmod because it's completely from CS 1.6 ZS. But I already knew what a Cade was (as said above). But from the rule as you said for an example:

• "Breaking other people's cadesThe only time rule can be broken is if some one's 'cade' is made to troll and offers no protection at all. "

The only way to know what a cade is, to first read the first part or the previous part. So, it says "Breaking", the only thing you can break on that server is the props or the barricade for an example. A troll cade is when, they put a fake barricade just to delay time or trick them in thinking there's someone there. Well there will be someone there and when they get out, they put the barricade back on to trap the zombie. @Z1galord @Kurama will be answering your question if they think they should explain each terms. 

I was mostly directing toward that you want each rule explained like PurgeRP. I don't think the Managers want to explain every term. But that's not on me, I'm just saying in my perspective. If you say people are lazy to search up a word, what makes you think they'll read up on the "definition thread"? Sure, maybe a few regular players who'll follow the rules will. But most people will not care or give a damn about it because they're only here to have fun. And in any case, if you or someone else think that's the reason why people don't follow the rules, then that's far from it. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Seeing it from your perspective, and how detailed you explained it, I've come to the conclusion that you're right.

@Bae Thanks. 

I know you already figured that she is right, however I would also like to point out that you said that you read it before actually joining (thanks for reading it before actually playing; majority don't), the rules are made for you to abide by, not to tell you how to play the game. I think playing around first will help you get accustomed to the rules. Nonetheless, I also see how you're right, I can see how confusing how rules may be to newcomers. I've decided to link a few ZS Tutorials in our MOTD for people to check out. That way we don't have to fully go in detail about each term/rule and newcomers can understand the vocabulary in the MOTD, a win-win I suppose. Thank you for bringing such an idea.