Darkling

Mini Division Update Post

Just now, rapperdan said:

Yo @Xy_ we need to add a mini Division for minecraft voice.

no

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

The RuneScape team needs to have some entry level and free to play (F2P) activities available.  I also suggested making guides to help redirect some of the traffic to a place like GFL.  RuneScape has a lot of activities, skills and quests.  I could not find any GFL related content on the RuneScape Official Forums (RSOF).  This is a big mistake.

MjTuNCb.png

People are literally looking for clans and RSOF is a very limited forums constrained by resources and rules.  This often leads people to joining forums like ours.  I play less than once per week and I've had no problem recruiting people into the other clan I'm in.

Another strategy to consider is this whole clan affiliation/collaboration thing.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Seems like you and Sasha are doing most the work (i'm assuming its part of your job on the CA Team). How can we ensure you can focus on all these divisions with equal amount of quality?

STEAM 

76561198079961574.pngAddFriend.png

34 minutes ago, Eli said:

Seems like you and Sasha are doing most the work (i'm assuming its part of your job on the CA Team). How can we ensure you can focus on all these divisions with equal amount of quality?

There's no free lunch.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

The RuneScape team needs to have some entry level and free to play (F2P) activities available.  I also suggested making guides to help redirect some of the traffic to a place like GFL.  RuneScape has a lot of activities, skills and quests.  I could not find any GFL related content on the RuneScape Official Forums (RSOF).  This is a big mistake.

MjTuNCb.png

People are literally looking for clans and RSOF is a very limited forums constrained by resources and rules.  This often leads people to joining forums like ours.  I play less than once per week and I've had no problem recruiting people into the other clan I'm in.

Another strategy to consider is this whole clan affiliation/collaboration thing.

I've been considering to post a recruitment thread in an RS fan-site called Zybez. The site has what we need in order to gather people. There will also be another activity in F2P through OSRS - which is, by the way already free. Jagex recently made Castle War free-to-play. 

Unfortunately, to post in Zybez, according to the rules, we gotta link them back. This is possible, so I will have to talk to Leks about this. Also, I will be bumping the thread on the clan recruitment. They have a rule that you can only bump every 10 minutes. 

Official Forums thread: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/c=bgQhW-XAfzQ/forums.ws?320,321,664,65892404

76561198043643390.png

1 hour ago, Eli said:

They probably can't, which is why @Darkling mentioned that they're searching for people dedicated to these individual divisions to help them lead.

Hence:

2 hours ago, Darkling said:

As you can see, most of the mini divisions (other than RuneScape) are ran by the CA team. This isn’t an issue at all, but in order for us to fully develop them, we want to find people who can lead them with us. If you would like to help out with any mini divisions, then get in contact with either myself or @SashaGrey

It's also worth noting that some of these divisions may simply require a greater deal of care than others, depending on the circumstances. I'm sure @Darkling and @SashaGrey are more than capable of figuring out where to divert the majority of their time and effort.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

15 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

It's also worth noting that some of these divisions may simply require a greater deal of care than others, depending on the circumstances. I'm sure @Darkling and @SashaGrey are more than capable of figuring out where to divert the majority of their time and effort.

Yeah into roblox :lenny: 

*Insert former roles in GFL*

Former Council   

Former Pron Star    

Former Community Advisor  

Former Cinema and DarkRP Manager

Former Hide n Seek and DarkRP Head/Super Admin

Former Purge(x3), EFT, Cinema, DarkRP, Hide n Seek, Prop Hunt Admin

5a7926cb7024a_Kedasludrukeraklelea_07c958_6462531.gif.06f1ecedf1a3463d0ddca230a4ff3f8f.gif

Achievements

@Darkling, The entire esports team for csgo quit. They no longer sponsor or do anything for GFL. I talked to both the former leaders already, they all left the team. So there isn't a team at all.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just now, Bae said:

@Darkling, The entire esports team for csgo quit. They no longer sponsor or do anything for GFL. I talked to both the former leaders already, they all left the team. So there isn't a team at all.

That's old news dude...

Achievements

Just now, Bae said:

Sounds like we will need to be forming another team then. I'm currently (and have been for the past couple weeks) trying to contact the other team members and see if we can still keep some of them. I'll keep you all posted on news with the eSports teams in that sub forum. I will say one thing, I will be making sure that the next iteration of the team will be much more integrated into the community.

2 hours ago, Eli said:

For the time being both myself (along with the other supporting leaders) will be able to support all the current mini divisions. We know how to balance our time between everything. My concern is with expansion. I don't want this to stagnate, with people who are passionate and want to help within the mini divisions we can keep everything moving forward.

Shuruia stated it very well that some divisions take less effort for meaningful results compared with others. I know that I can always rely on the help from all of you guys which means we aren't quite as small of a team it looks. Everything that is being done is because one of you suggested it or someone is helping us push it forward! The community is what makes these mini divisions work which is why I'll always turn to you all for guidance!

Achievements

15 hours ago, rapperdan said:

That's old news dude...

You may know it but others don't. It's nice to tell others instead of being a smartass. (:

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

10 minutes ago, Bae said:

You may know it but others don't. It's nice to tell others instead of being a smartass. (:

tbh I thought it was being kept on the down low or something because it would of been as easy as viewing a steam profile... I was expecting more then the higher ups seem to be capable of tbh I never knew people that get an e-sports team and just completely ignore the whole team. I mean we are talking about something so simple as just viewing a steam profile. I guess I expected to much though and for that I am sorry. Also you can look back in the ts3 logs and see when they stopped using our ts3 server it's really a simple put 2 and 2 together kind of deal... anyways http://steamcommunity.com/id/chills46/

Achievements