ChaseAlfredo

Throwing knives might be crashing the server

Can you briefly describe what was happening before the crash or possible causes? if possible.

Maybe the plugin is using the old CS:S assets where CS:GO doesn't have. Who knows.

PLACE HOLDER

Posted  Edited by Joshy
5 minutes ago, Bae said:

Well if they do it like that, then obviously it'll crash the server. @Thomasdavid097

Not necessarily.  We held an event yesterday that should have really stress that.  The setting was infinite amount of large throwing knives, and I even had it auto-throwing using console commands; however, I don't think it's unreasonable to think so, I just mention this because I didn't want to rule out any other potential ideas.  I'll be posting a demo of it soon.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Bae
1 minute ago, Joshy said:

Not necessarily.  We held an event yesterday that should have really stress that.  The setting was infinite amount of large throwing knives, and I even had it auto-throwing using console commands.

Hm, well. Usually when people spam things, it usually crashes the server because of the um what's that thing called... too much data???.. going into the servers... making everything uhhhh overload

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Just now, Bae said:

Hm, well. Usually when people spam things, it usually crashes the server because of the um what's that thing called... too much data???.. going into the servers... making everything uhhhh overload

I did add a last part before you got snarky with me.  Calm yourself.

Just now, Joshy said:

What is snarky? I don't even know what that word is, and when I was typing this I wasn't even mad or upset or even crazy about it. I was only typing it as I usually do. 

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

2 minutes ago, Joshy said:

1. I don't know what snarky is
  2. I was only typing in desperate or confusement. So I don't need to calm myself.
  3. I've tagged thomas to take a look at it. Simple as that.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: added a note

You are not being yourself with your sarcasm to mock me (snarky); I'm definitely not new to the forums and recognize your posting patterns... your response to me did not match your usual even if are genuinely a little bit rude in every post you make.  If you are sincerely unsure of where you may have insulted me, then here's the bit that really got to me for future reference:

39 minutes ago, Bae said:

um what's that thing called... too much data???.. going into the servers

I do not appreciate it, and I do not think others would either.  That comment was rude and unhelpful; you do come off as someone in an unusually bad mood.

Here's the demo to show you that myself and many others were able to spam the knives without consequence.  I had a better demo elsewhere when several of us were just throwing knives at each other too (teammates) and it looked like juggling, but I am unable to find it in my hoard of demos.  I'm not saying that spamming the knives didn't cause it given that additional tweaks may have been made, but I made my contribution so that no other ideas would be ruled out immediately.

edit: I'd like to note that the above video is for CS:S, but I am sure the plugin is the same and it's just proof that you can overload the knives without consequence (proof of concept).

Edited by Joshy
added a note

I apologize if my statement was rude but it wasn't toward any of what you said. I was just saying the file thingy. I was not sure the exact term of it. Billboland and I are on the server right now, it crashed twice already with the throwing knives. I am unsure of what is causing it. If you would like, you can come on and check it out. It would be helpful as well, if you know the reason as to why.

credits to @Clavers

Achievements