hotEvercLear

Need Mapping Help for Game of Thrones Map

I am working on a map. It will be Game of Thrones Themed. I have the storyboard, overview, and about 75% of the flow/architecture worked out so far and documented. 

I am not the best at creating the actual map though. I have done 2 simple aim maps before, but even those were not the greatest. If you are a mapper and have free time work collaborate, send me a message. 

Also, suggestions/requests would be great. From a high level, this will be a Run to an area, then hold->move->hold->move run to the next area type map. It will start at winterfell, and progress around notable places in westeros ending with a main boss fight north of the wall. Plan is for 1 main boss, maybe a mini boss, and items. I do NOT want this to be as long as Santa or Frostdrake....

54 minutes ago, hotEvercLear said:

I do NOT want this to be as long as Santa or Frostdrake....

Good luck with that. There is too much story invested into GoT that you'd have to willingly leave out so much to accomplish a small, set goal. I'd suggest possibly converting the map into levels?

1 minute ago, Leks said:

Let's also try @NARAKA & @JLlaneras

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Because I want to make it... who are you to tell me what to make and what not to make!!!! Also how often have you played a GoT map in the GFL server in the last year???? I rest my case.

i may instead make a winterfell map with a boss fight north of the wall, then a separate map for like the vale and another for kings landing, etc... one day then maybe roll them into one map as levels... not sure, but you are right that it would be hard to do everything and keep it to a playable time limit... 10-12 min start to finish would be ideal for me as a map with a boss fight.

5 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

Also how often have you played a GoT map in the GFL server in the last year???? I rest my case.

Of course there hasn't been a GoT map on GFL, ze_GoT_The_North is only on CS:S at the moment.

ice lasers?????

hmmm.... maybe the night king is trying to break the wall with ice lasers and there is a run jumping the lasers in order to get to him for the boss fight.... hmmmm..... 

hmmmmmmmmmm.....