Tempest15

New Method of Donating

I and many people cannot donate because they are to young, and/or don't have PayPal. I thought there was a way to donate directly from your steam account, then my friend told me you NEED to have PayPal and there is no other way. I think GFL should add a new way (doesn't have to be from steam account) for people to donate. This would make more people enjoy the GFL Community more and would gain GFL much more money.

Another question is that, if you donate and buy everthing that requires donator in the shop, will you have it forever, or will it be removed when your run out of supporter time.

Now I know someone is probably going to comment something that ruins all my hopes and is just gonna be a jerk.

I'll just go ahead and move this to Suggestions since this really isn't a HnS-specific thing.

Cheers.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
16 minutes ago, Tempest15 said:

I and many people cannot donate because they are to young, and/or don't have PayPal. I thought there was a way to donate directly from your steam account, then my friend told me you NEED to have PayPal and there is no other way. I think GFL should add a new way (doesn't have to be from steam account) for people to donate. This would make more people enjoy the GFL Community more and would gain GFL much more money.

Another question is that, if you donate and buy everthing that requires donator in the shop, will you have it forever, or will it be removed when your run out of supporter time.

Now I know someone is probably going to comment something that ruins all my hopes and is just gonna be a jerk.

If you are below 18 you can get a student paypal account. pretty sure it's like getting a highschool checking account. not sure if it's a thing though with paypal but if I where you I would look into it.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

20 minutes ago, Tempest15 said:

This would make more people enjoy the GFL Community more and would gain GFL much more money.

Any ideas? Other than the steam account of course, the problem with the steam account is that we can't really use that.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by Astro - Edit Reason: I don't want to get yelled at for not specifiying that it's a joke

let's just use robux, solves all the problems and more

(joke ok bye)

Edited by Astro
I don't want to get yelled at for not specifiying that it's a joke

VIOLATORSAIDSO.png

thanks @Violator

1 hour ago, Leks said:

Bitcoin or any other crypto currency- Pretty much the same reason as CS:GO Skins, the prices are REALLY volatile and fluctuate A LOT. Just look at this graph:

for Bitcoin & other crypto-currencies I thought you were going to say how it just ruins the banking, I don't know what method of payment is used to run the server, but what I've heard about these crypto-currencies is that they aren't all that trusted in banks, and it ruins the relationship the bank holder has with their bank, I would assume it just wouldn't do good when whoever pays for the server tries to use the crypto-currencies to pay for the server.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

49 minutes ago, Worgee said:

Maybe implement safepay systems where people Can use Visa and mastercard 

You can use paypal to pay via visa without an account.

e2f26adb3cee299b99ad2324b4dcd5a2.png

Just click checkout as a guest.

6 hours ago, Xy_ said:

Any ideas? Other than the steam account of course, the problem with the steam account is that we can't really use that.

But what if we can? They can use steam money to buy a game we use the game as a giveaway item for events?

swegbuster1.png

2 hours ago, SwegBuster said:

But what if we can? They can use steam money to buy a game we use the game as a giveaway item for events?

There are still issues with steam. If everyone decided they would pay with steam then we wouldn't have the money to keep the servers going! Steam money is just far too limited for it to be useful for us as once it is in steam unless we use it for things such as giveaways it just becomes obsolete.

Then there's the issue of how do we keep our transparency when the money will be going to a steam account as this is much harder if not impossible to relay to the site as we do with Paypal. 

Paypal is just the easiest method by far. Everyone at some point has a bank account and debit card which can be used with/without a Paypal account.

Achievements

1 hour ago, Darkling said:

Then there's the issue of how do we keep our transparency when the money will be going to a steam account as this is much harder if not impossible to relay to the site

I'm not agreeing with the idea of paying with steam games but there are hundreds of websites that track steam account inventories and I could almost guarantee Roy/Denros/ who ever would be able to make it relay the information in some nice and easy to read page  

Posted  Edited by rapperdan
8 hours ago, denros said:

You can use paypal to pay via visa without an account.

e2f26adb3cee299b99ad2324b4dcd5a2.png

Just click checkout as a guest.

ty for bringing that up as this could of been what I did with my highschool checking account again this is his best option.

Edited by rapperdan

Achievements

I think the only possible way is to donate via steam is through steam gifts, or theres some method i dont know about that converts steam wallet money into real paypal money

Party of Lenin, strength of the people,

To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Breach Admin

76561198006818162.png

tumblr_inline_ou1kmzZFpH1uo8lff_540.gif

Leader of the League of GFL Communists

@denros Just tried with the paypal thing but it really isn't that good since I don't feel like adding address and other personal information. With the paysafe system made for visa and mastercard I wouldn't have to do it and by that make it's easier to donate in another secure way. I don't know who's the person that looks into the cost/requirements of payment systems but maybe it would be worth it?

Nerd

Achievements