Cheesebryce

Hacking For Gosting

Name:Bubbles

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:56280911

Banned by: PeanutButter-n-Jesus

Ban reason: Ghosting w/ friend

Why you should be unbanned: Okay me and YUI were down together in the cave, that's the friend part of this ban. He kept asking if i wanted his long yellow stick more then likely referring to a golden sword however that's not KOSable. So a detective walked in and started shooting at yui so i promptly shot back at the detective protecting my friend and getting a report on myself which was later forgiven. Then an innocent came in and started shooting at us YUI again I promptly moved to his aid getting another report on myself. Then YUI was killed when an innocent/detective threw an INCEN grenade in to the cavern killing YUI who had turned out to actually be a traitor. Hereby I should have received simply one slay for the RDM depending on if the last report was forgiven or not I am very confused as to how PeanutButter-n-Jesus think that we were ghosting at all? 

Posted  Edited by PB-n-J

Uh.

Let's try looking at it this way, as shown by this video:

1) Your story is off. Yui dropped a golden sword right in front of you. Strike 1, as this is KOSable since the sword was never called out.

2) Instead of killing Yui, you killed me, and we were both innocent. Strike 2.

3) The last straw: When the Detective walked in and started shooting your friend, it was cause Yui was KOS'ed. Instead of shooting Yui (The traitor), you decided to "defend your friend" and killed a detective who had every reason to kill Yui.

Based on the above, I banned the two of you for in-game ghosting.

You were an inno, and Yui was a T. Neither of you made a move to kill the other, and you even defended your friend, knowing full well that Yui was a T.

THAT is considered ghosting.

Edited by PB-n-J

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png

Posted  Edited by Cheesebryce

Okay so now I see where your coming from but at what point can I myself see the golden sword being dropped because I don’t see it in the video and certainly didn’t see it when I was alive? Based on that he wasn’t KOS when that person walked in and  we both shot at him it was because I didn’t see the sword honest. Can you maybe highlight the part that shows the sword being dropped for I’m on mobile. Also ghosting is defined as collaborating with someone outside of the game as I’m sure you know how does this mean we were collaborating out of the game I always thought ghosting was more of him telling me who his t buddies were so I can go kill them all not me killing innocents mistakenly shouldn’t this be handled like an RDM report then, or am I mistaken? (Sorry if I sound like an ass we weren’t ghosting and I don’t want to serve a one week ban for something I didn’t do)

Edited by Cheesebryce

ghosting isn't just telling someone who is a T, you know your friend was a T and didn't act on it

" 3) The last straw: When the Detective walked in and started shooting your friend, it was cause Yui was KOS'ed. Instead of shooting Yui (The traitor), you decided to "defend your friend" and killed a detective who had every reason to kill Yui. "

you helped killed the detective that was shooting your friend (the T) and still didn't even try to kill your friend leaving it as ghosting, and rdm. and it seems he was also KOSed so ghosting

I'm the cs:s Division Leader

feel free to ask for help

Okay okay but again can you somehow highlight the part where I see him drop the golden sword because I didn’t so I couldn’t  kos for it. After we killed him I should have killed the detective I still don’t believe Thi warrants an entire week long ban.

1 hour ago, Cheesebryce said:

(Sorry if I sound like an ass we weren’t ghosting and I don’t want to serve a one week ban for something I didn’t do)

To be honest, you're not coming off as an asshole. At least, not to me. It sounds like you're curious so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Okay so now I see where your coming from but at what point can I myself see the golden sword being dropped because I don’t see it in the video and certainly didn’t see it when I was alive?

I only started recording after I died. Death scenes do not show weapons being dropped, however @ 0:25 Yui is confirmed to having been holding a golden sword. Now, I'll leave it to possibility that you -may- not have seen the golden sword drop (as it landed in the lowest part), but I know for a fact I KOS'ed Yui. Your killing of the Detective instead of Yui is what raised my suspicion in the first place.

shouldn’t this be handled like an RDM report then, or am I mistaken?

It would have been handled like an RDM report had you not collaborated with Yui. 

One of the biggest things (that you even confirmed on your appeal):

2 hours ago, Cheesebryce said:

He kept asking if i wanted his long yellow stick more then likely referring to a golden sword however that's not KOSable.

You are correct in saying that he cannot be KOS'ed for saying he has a golden sword, however:

2 hours ago, Cheesebryce said:

So a detective walked in and started shooting at yui so i promptly shot back at the detective protecting my friend and getting a report on myself which was later forgiven. Then an innocent came in and started shooting at us YUI again I promptly moved to his aid getting another report on myself.

This is backwards. I was the innocent that walked in and witnessed Yui dropping a golden sword (See 0:25 in the video). I KOS'ed Yui before you killed me, which is why the Detective went in and tried killing Yui. Your FIRST action should have been to kill Yui. The video even shows that Yui shot me first (see 0:31) and then you joined in to kill me.

10 minutes ago, Cheesebryce said:

After we killed him I should have killed the detective

I'm assuming here you mean you should have not killed the detective? Because you killed both the Detective and myself.

Regardless of what was, I have already made my decision.

I will accept your ban appeal.

I am NOT 100% sold on your story, yet I do believe part of what you are saying is possible. Second, it is also your first ban. Lying or not, I am not inclined to keep this ban based on a first offense.

GIF.gif

37c6a160ff76e7ef7db4db7df0d50dc3.png

9d668bb6162aaa048432fe2935d30458.png

129ef22cb8471b6c808a1ce582f493aa.png

7f018283383ed2d1d0bd4cafeb1e87ac.png

bce96f456cff8113e7d9e5c2c6f65fff.png

v1.png