Joshy

Your Occupation

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: The gif was necessary.

Hi,

It looks to me school has started again for many of us, and so the talks about our goals or aspirations is sparking up more frequently while conversing with family and friends.  Some of us are already done with school or have committed to an occupation without it although school is what sparked my thoughts on this, and so I am wondering: What is your occupation (job), or what are you aspiring to become?

No need to be detailed if you don't want to be, and I think some of the answers might surprise us or connect us through commonalities.  Maybe a bunch of us are simply "professional students" or leeching as much as we can from our sources, or maybe we really do want to be video game programmers or testers :ninja:.  I've met a few of those, and it was very interesting to hear about their work!  Maybe your answer might inspire someone else too, give them some insight, or you some of you can connect and help each other each other.  The video game testers I met told me their work requires them to try all sorts of games and to really try to exploit it...  they could be people who are more interested in games like Skryim and Counter-Strike, but they'll have to play some rainbow unicorn game designed for 7 year old kids, and they'll try to cross over boundaries within the game for many hours and several days, etc.  Maybe it's not that fun after all?

1rcpKks.gif

Edited by Joshy
The gif was necessary.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Korowa

Since I'm not old enough to actually work, I aim to be a nurse when I am.

Though, I did work, a bit towards the end of my summer break, on a café. I wish to go back there soon. :)

But right now, I'm only a student.

Edited by Korowa

original.gif

Achievements

I am majoring in Business/Accountant but it's not what I want to do; my ... parents didn't believe in me; so they're always talk down on what I inspired to do. My siblings on the other hand suggested me to minor in what I want to do and when I actually get hired for it and get paid; rub it in their face and say "I CAN DO IT!" I wanted to start a business in making designs for clothing. I don't mean designing clothes, I mean like T-Shirt Printing; these are mostly online. So I prefer to do something that fits my personality and behavior. I'm an introvert; I don't like to leave my room unless I have to. 

I currently stopped attending school because my parents told me they retired; but then two months later; they started their own business =v=.... I'm currently working at my parents' friend's business. It is a flooring warehouse; I work as a customer service. Flooring and Cabinets; it's like tiles, engineered wood, laminate, vinyl, and wpc; things like that. 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

I work at my local movie theater at concessions (food), box office (tickets), and usher (cleaning). I'm having trouble what job I actually want after High School, but it's probably going to involve computers. I know I want to go to College, but again, I don't know what I'm looking for. 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

Posted  Edited by JerryBomb

Right now, I'm fairly successful making money on the internet, believe it or not. But as far as an active job, I want to become part of a game development team, and/or software developer. Code is so fun and satisfying to learn :) 

Since I was like 9 years old, I've always wanted to be some kind of hacker, lol. Back then, in my mind, being a hacker was cool and badass. Of course the older I got, the more unrealistic (and illegal) the idea became, but I still wanted to do something with coding and computers. Past couple of years i've been into gaming, and into development, coding in that area, and a little bit of animation/modeling. It's a long stretch but my dream goals are to either create a PC game of my own, or help create one with a team/company, and/or develop some sort of software that I can distribute through the web for people to enjoy.

Thanks for the topic!

Edited by JerryBomb

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements

Graduated this year already

work at a bingo as a cashier for canteen

life is great

Nah I want to become an animator or work in the Art field of some way

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Posted  Edited by ZombieSurvivalist224

Well as of last week I started to work at the Orego Department of Forestry. Surprisenly enough I got a 3 acre fire yesterday, and had the responsibility of moping it up (Phrase in fire fighting). So yea I have been kinda busy. Plus getting paid $15.25 an hour, with 48 hours on duty, and 24 hours on standby.

Edited by ZombieSurvivalist224

zombie.gif.9f61cda00cc278f3206b18d15c4fe7f3.gif.1f008076e6c4f4e9413e07a2042164f4.gif

In near future, my goal is to be either theologian, missionary, or preacher through Christian studies. Believe it or not, it’s most likely going to happen. 

(Please don’t hijack this thread just because I mentioned my religion)

76561198043643390.png

Trying to become a Cyber Security Analyst already in 2nd year of undergrad.

Hopefully I'll land a job at the CIA but it's an extremely competitive field so might not get it ):

Did you just disrespect me on this server? You dun fucked up faggot. Ill have you know that I am friends with 9 GFL Admins, 6 community managers, 27 server owners, 420 trial admins and 69 board of directors. You think you can just talk shit to me in game without having any sort of consequences or repercussions? You are sorely mistaken you chap fucking cunt. In just one private message, not only I will get you ban from all GFL servers, but I will get you ban from heaven, hell, purgatory, basically all of existence.  There won't be a cosmic plane alive that will accept your dumb mongoloid soft-serve ice cream bitch made looking ass. Prepare to have your spaghetti sliced up by a machete pal. Enjoy whatever fickle time you have left before an admin comes in and bombastically shitfucks you into oblivion for being an arrogant cum shitting cuck you are.  If you only you had an iota of fucking intelligence you would've known that tangling with someone with connections like mine would lead to your inevitable demise.

I'll see you on the forums kidd0.

I'm not 100% of my future, but I think some college majors I'm looking to do are pharmacy and music performance. As of now, my dream job is to work as a pharmacist and do gigs for fun on the weekends.

76561198088916523.png