Mining (not that bitcoin or etherium crap)

I am in school for mining engineering and one of the things that is very important in the industry is known as social license to operate. This is essentially the public opinion of the mine operation. I know most of you here are probably not interested or don't care about it but it affects your every day life if you like it or not. So if you have questions or just want to call me an idiot for going into a "dying" field, feel free.

Hey man if you find a way to get those resources with no harm to the integrity of the earth it's self, picture all the resources we could gather with no harm, to the people who in inhabit that area. fyi the US has not mined our non renewable resources for ages, but we build houses on these areas which prevent us from gathering them. If there was a way to gather these resources without harming the integrity of the area it's self and the population that exists there, that field of work will boom back to life so fast it's not even funny, but sadly will die out once the resources don't exist anymore, because you know non renewable resources means non renewable.

Achievements

1 minute ago, Astro said:

u talkin bout this?

B75C2C12-24E3-4482-8F7C-231750030524.png.e0a128cf9ee23798b3f5edd9583c3c4e.png

2.png

26 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

Hey man if you find a way to get those resources with no harm to the integrity of the earth it's self, picture all the resources we could gather with no harm, to the people who in inhabit that area. fyi the US has not mined our non renewable resources for ages, but we build houses on these areas which prevent us from gathering them. If there was a way to gather these resources without harming the integrity of the area it's self and the population that exists there, that field of work will boom back to life so fast it's not even funny, but sadly will die out once the resources don't exist anymore, because you know non renewable resources means non renewable.

we do mine non-renewables in the US. there are the aggregates; stone, sand, and gravel, Coal, and a large number of metal and non-metals that would require some research to name individually

1 hour ago, motorsteak said:

we do mine non-renewables in the US. there are the aggregates; stone, sand, and gravel, Coal, and a large number of metal and non-metals that would require some research to name individually

Boi I am well aware that we mine resources in the US but nothing in comparison to other countries is kinda what I was getting at and the reason for this is what I stated we don't mine stuff because we risk damaging the environment.

Achievements

7 minutes ago, rapperdan said:

Boi I am well aware that we mine resources in the US but nothing in comparison to other countries is kinda what I was getting at and the reason for this is what I stated we don't mine stuff because we risk damaging the environment.

the epa is a huge limiting factor in what does and doesn't get mined and most in the industry don't like that for obvious reasons but even the stubborn ones are coming around and recognizing it's role in what we do